💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Plastic Doll as a single?

CHROMATICON

Featured Posts

CHROMATICON

I know it's not excatly this fanbase favorite song from the album but it's the most radio friendly, the poppiest one and one of the catchiest songs. It also doesn't have the repetitive house beat most of the Chromatica tracks have and the lyrics are pretty straight forward and easy to digest, not to mention I can already see people shouting the chorus on their cars. 

When I heard the song for the first time I was surprised at how well structured the song is for radio. Sonically I say it's like a mix of TFM and reputation by Taylor. I think it could do good on radio which is really important for its position on the Hot 100.

What do you guys think? :oprah:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland

"Sonically I say it's like a mix of TFM and reputation by Taylor.", how? :rip: I remember before the album leaked, someone described it as "next level dark" or something. It really sounds like a Carly song :air: I don't mean it in a bad way, of course :poot:

I can't see it doing well on radio, it's way too pop and loud.

Massive Monster

It's an amazing song

Incredibly catchy but also very smart

I don't know if it is the right choice right now as a third single though

Kind regards

FentyGa

YES issa banger

i also saw some art of a nude gaga with long, pink hair walking through a room of her old outfits and i’d LIVE for that as a video

malibu gaga is COMING

NFRatwell
12 minutes ago, CHROMATICON said:

It also doesn't have the repetitive house beat most of the Chromatica tracks have and the lyrics are pretty straight forward and easy to digest

probably would flop the hardest of any potential single on the album.

look at the Hot 100 over the last few years. this song is so fundamentally out of step with what's been popular in the United States recently, idk why fans keep saying "radio single potential." streaming power is the name of the game, "radio friendly" is so friggin irrelevant now. the dominance of rap music has singlehandedly made "radio friendly" a non-issue.

(and honestly i think that's a good thing – charts should reflect what people are actually choosing to play, not passive listening)

Like, maybe in 2010 this could've worked, but this song just reeks of late-aughts pop. would NOT be a good single choice.

Pennywise
6 minutes ago, SourCandy said:

"Sonically I say it's like a mix of TFM and reputation by Taylor.", how? :rip: I remember before the album leaked, someone described it as "next level dark" or something. It really sounds like a Carly song :air: I don't mean it in a bad way, of course :poot:

I can't see it doing well on radio, it's way too pop and loud.

If, by Carly song, you mean a song that could have been made in an episode of iCarly, you're right :poot:

Because the new queen of the gheys Carlotta Rehanna Jackson would never go that basic :bear:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Born in Chromatica

I mean I would love a single a little unexpected, and Plastic Doll would that unexpected single. I would certainly love a video of this song. 

FaShIoN iS mY pAsSiOn!

Archived