RRR

Joanne vs folklore  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Better album

• Joanneq
    • Folklore

Featured Posts

Reality

Lyrically, Folklore, but other than that, Joanne.

My biggest issue with Folklore was that it was just too cohesive of an album, if that makes any sense. I listened to it for the first time yesterday and only like 2-3 songs really stood out to me. If you hummed me the melody of a song off of the album, I literally wouldn't be able to tell you which song it was. It almost became a little frustrating because they literally just all sound the same.

That said, I did relisten to some of the songs again earlier today, and it is growing on me. That said, I still think Joanne's the superior album, and by a lot. Joanne gets too much hate; it's a fantastic album.

🖤👹

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
1 hour ago, zebulonpyke said:

folklore is a v basic regurgitation of the past 10 years in indie folk. 0/10

I wouldn't go that far, but I definitely don't think it's anything special.

🖤👹

Taylucifer

I suspect y'all are a lil biased on the last gaga fan site:ohwell:

1989 (TV) is out NOW

lavenderblondee

I took a break from GGD but I was waiting for something like this. :ladyhaha:

Joanne. To me, Joanne was such a leap from what Gaga made before, and that made the album somehow feel even more authentic and amazing. 

Teletubby

31 Swifties on GGD and counting...

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

LilyLark

I guess it comes down to objective vs. subjective....

Both are good. Personally, I prefer Joanne a bit more due to Gaga's vocals. However, objectively I can acknowledge Folklore is an excellent album that is far more cohesive. So I guess I come out on the side of Folklore.

I can't believe the poll is so close this is crazy :wtfga: FolkBore is NOT For me!!! :saladga: Joanne all the way

holy scheisse
2 hours ago, zebulonpyke said:

folklore is a v basic regurgitation of the past 10 years in indie folk. 0/10

Can you send me some of the songs you think she ripped off and vomited, I need more new music :ally:

DeanWinchester

Folklore is objectively the more cohesive and lyrically stronger album. I prefer certain tracks from Joanne more (i.e., it has higher highs than Folklore) but overall, Folklore is a solid body of work. I agree that comparisons between it and Joanne don't make much sense though as Gaga's is still very much into pop territory just leaning into country/pop-rock a tad bit, while Taylor's is heavily rooted in indie-folk.

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Franch Toast
4 hours ago, dynamite said:

Diamond Heart, A-YO, Dancin In Circles, Perfect Illusion, Angel Down, Joanne, Grigio Girls, John Wayne, Come To Mama... 

Joanne :pawsup:

Don't forget Just Another Day and Million Reasons. I know the latter is not super appreciated on this site because it may have been over performed, but it's a good song. Even Hey Girl is growing on me, though those of y'all who pointed out it sounds like cheesy 70s **** music are spot-on (so now when I listen to it, I like to pretend that Gaga and Florence are doing an adult film). :ally:

She/Her/Hers

MessyTop

Folklore is the hit album....so. Plus Folklore has a hit first single and Joanne, well, we know. 

Archived