🚨 Watch the video for 911 🚨

💌 The September fan envelope is here! 💌
Sign in to follow this  
society

US Nurses Being Laid Off As Hospitals Loose Money

Economy

https://globalnews.ca/video/7242585/u-s-nurses-face-layoffs-as-covid-19-cases-surge

A large number of US nurses have been getting laid off as hospitals look to cut costs from pandemic

In some cases many hospitals cancelled or delayed elective surgeries to make room for covid patients that in their area never came

In other cases a lot of money spent to buy equipment such as ventilators turned out to never be needed to full capacity and money was lost there as well

• Shook 1
  • Sad 8

Economy

Fruits of the private healthcare system :toofunny:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

HeavyMetalLover

:bear:

:neyde:

Will things ever get better here?

i don't remember ARTPOP

Quartz

Dude, I think this is not even the beginning. Sorry.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊
  • Sad 1

Illuminati

You'd think they would be thriving with all the pandemic traffic filling up every facility

deactivated001
5 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

You'd think they would be thriving with all the pandemic traffic filling up every facility

That’s...not how any of that works 

• Like 4

Economy
8 minutes ago, Illuminati said:

Well I guess pandemic filled hospitals would be concentrated in specific areas harder hit especially areas with more old population

Many hospitals end up spending money preparing and not needing it or delaying money making procedures to make space so I'm not surprised many actually are down in business

deactivated001
7 minutes ago, Economy said:

Well I guess pandemic filled hospitals would be concentrated in specific areas harder hit especially areas with more old population

Many hospitals end up spending money preparing and not needing it or delaying money making procedures to make space so I'm not surprised many actually are down in business

Not to mention that if they are experiencing surges in cases, but don’t have adequate funding to supply treatment and care, they have to make budge cuts wherever they can

Florin
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Economy said:

Or of some bad restrictions? :oops:

Well, if hospitals are affected by this situation, I am really scared for the next 2 years. 

And again, it's scary to read about cancellations of "surgeriers" like is something normal. What happened with those patients? Shouldn't be more patients that need surgery because of those cancellations? I really dont want to think about this, because I really dont want to find the answers. :saladga:

Edited by Florin

Miss Dolly

Why doesn’t the US have universal healthcare yet in 2020? 

Blue smoke is the heartbreak train
  • Like 1

Economy
14 hours ago, Florin said:

Well, if hospitals are affected by this situation, I am really scared for the next 2 years. 

And again, it's scary to read about cancellations of "surgeriers" like is something normal. What happened with those patients? Shouldn't be more patients that need surgery because of those cancellations? I really dont want to think about this, because I really dont want to find the answers. :saladga:

What would restrictions have anything to do with this? :flop:

ice bear
On 8/1/2020 at 5:13 PM, Economy said:

In some cases many hospitals cancelled or delayed elective surgeries to make room for covid patients that in their area never came

In other cases a lot of money spent to buy equipment such as ventilators turned out to never be needed to full capacity and money was lost there as well

unemployment matter apart, it's good that it wasn't needed

ice bear = best bear
  • Like 1

Economy
5 minutes ago, ice bear said:

unemployment matter apart, it's good that it wasn't needed

OP topic subject matter apart... Your avis are always cute and awsome :giveup:

The Coca-Cola one was the best tho and u changed it :triggered:

lestyoufall
On 8/1/2020 at 3:14 PM, Economy said:

If their money is “loose” then why don’t they just secure it with some rope? :ladyhaha: get it? Cause you said “loose” instead of “lose.” 😂

• LMAO 1

lestyoufall
15 hours ago, Florin said:

Well the surgeries are elective meaning they aren’t necessary to be alive. Elective surgeries can range anywhere from gallbladder removal to full on plastic surgery. I’m assuming you must’ve read over the elective part.