⚔️ CHROMATICA OUT NOW ⚔️

💌 fan envelope 💌
Sign in to follow this  
society

Rhode Island issues tax refund checks signed by Walt Disney, Mickey Mouse

EuphoricVibez

"Rhode Island issued 176 tax refund checks this week signed by iconic duo Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse -- instead of the state treasurer and controller.

The misprint was a result of a technical glitch in the Division of Taxation's automated refund check printing system, according to Jade Borgeson, chief of staff for the state's Department of Revenue.

Mickey and Walt's invalid signature lines were accidentally sourced from the Division of Taxation's test print files, Borgeson said. The names of the state treasurer Seth Magaziner and state controller Peter Keenan should have been on the checks.

The checks were mailed to taxpayers Monday and were related to various business taxes, including sales tax, corporate and tax credit refunds. A majority of them were corporate tax refunds, Borgeson said.

The checks have since been voided and cannot be deposited. Corrected checks will be reissued to affected taxpayers within one week.

"The division is continuing to proactively contact impacted taxpayers to remedy the error, and apologizes for any inconvenience the error may have caused," Borgeson said.

Taxpayers who received a misprinted check should contact the Department of Revenue."

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/01/us/rhode-island-tax-refund-checks-trnd/index.html

This is hilarious, but also sad at the same time. They needed to take more precautions to make sure nothing like this happened. :selena:

Rain on me, tsunami ⛈️

weed

oh it was an accident lmaoo I thought Disney decided to give back and send people some checks :air: that's so random lmaoooo inb4 becomes a hot commodity on eBay

• YAAAS 1

EuphoricVibez
Just now, weed said:

oh it was an accident lmaoo I thought Disney decided to give back and send people some checks :air: that's so random lmaoooo inb4 becomes a hot commodity on eBay

I wouldn't doubt that at all, lol. Just imagine getting a check signed by Mickey Mouse :excuseu: Iconic

Rain on me, tsunami ⛈️
  • YAAAS 1

EuphoricVibez
2 minutes ago, justhislife said:

Monopoly money? What's that? I only know Mickey money :ohwell:

We only stan Mickey money from now on :trollga:

Rain on me, tsunami ⛈️
  • YAAAS 1

Economy
40 minutes ago, weed said:

That would be really weird. Sending checks at random :enigma:

• LMAO 1

EuphoricVibez
4 minutes ago, Economy said:

That would be really weird. Sending checks at random :enigma:

Especially from Mickey Mouse himself, lol. Then again, I wouldn't turn it down :excuseu:

Rain on me, tsunami ⛈️
  • LMAO 1

Economy
4 minutes ago, EuphoricVibez said:

Especially from Mickey Mouse himself, lol. Then again, I wouldn't turn it down :excuseu:

I mean, who would? :enigma:

• YAAAS 1

EuphoricVibez
Just now, Economy said:

I mean, who would? :enigma:

Only the party poopers would :ohwell:

Rain on me, tsunami ⛈️