💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Brian Lee, BTW collaborator, talks about his experience working with Gaga

monketsharona

Featured Posts

monketsharona

WHAT WAS YOUR BIG BREAK?

Meeting Lady Gaga. I was really, really content with my life before I met Gaga. I had a really nice top floor apartment looking out over downtown Chicago, I was making six figures doing music for commercials. I don’t know if you’ve ever seen the film Forgetting Sarah Marshall, but I was that guy, who writes the jingles.

And I thought I’d got lucky, because my mom had told me I’d never find a job in the music industry that paid good money – and here I was, making good money!

I kind of knew Gaga from Lollapalooza, when she played the BMI stage, before she was signed, and then I went on her tour and we started to work on Born This Way, with a producer called DJ White Shadow.

We kind of teamed it together, and we were killing it, and then some differences meant that DJ White Shadow and I separated – and we will leave that there. I’ll leave that whole conversation there.

WHY DO YOU THINK YOU AND GAGA GRAVITATED TOWARDS EACH OTHER?

We both loved some quite dark artists, like Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails, Depeche Mode. She would give me lots of references, artists to listen to, she really opened my ear to new music, and I was ready to be open.

It was so cool to work with her, and really easy to work with her, and she loved every ****ing minute of writing and working in the studio.

Looking back, I’ve rarely been that happy. Working on music was her life, and that was one thing I really appreciated about her, and I don’t see that as much anymore. A lot of the time [once you get busy/successful], it’s like, ‘Ah ****, I gotta go to the studio, I gotta finish this…’

I see [that Gaga-type love] with Post, though. I’m out here with him in Utah, and this kid is like… He’s building a studio, but it’s not finished yet, so he made a makeshift studio in his own house, and he works all the time, because he loves it.

When other people enjoy their job like that, it makes me enjoy it, and makes me realize I have to stop complaining about stupid ****.

https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/when-it-comes-to-songwriting-im-like-you-dont-know-my-pain-so-get-the-hell-out-of-here/

Brian Lee co-wrote Americano and Highway Unicorn. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agunimon
10 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

I was really, really content with my life before I met Gaga. I had a really nice top floor apartment looking out over downtown Chicago, I was making six figures doing music for commercials. I don’t know if you’ve ever seen the film Forgetting Sarah Marshall, but I was that guy, who writes the jingles.

EY-zfbv-Xs-AEoj8k.png

Agunimon
11 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Working on music was her life, and that was one thing I really appreciated about her, and I don’t see that as much anymore.

same :yennefer:

Anderson123

Gaga stanning Marilyn Manson, Nine Inch Nails and Depeche Mode. :applause:We'd get along so well. :bradley:

elijahfan
28 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Working on music was her life, and that was one thing I really appreciated about her, and I don’t see that as much anymore. A lot of the time [once you get busy/successful], it’s like, ‘Ah ****, I gotta go to the studio, I gotta finish this…’

confused chrissy teigen GIF

I mean really tho... Now she's crying and smoking under her porch and her executive producer needs to drag her into the studio. What the **** happened.

monketsharona
6 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I mean really tho... Now she's crying and smoking under her porch and her executive producer needs to drag her into the studio. What the **** happened.

I remember RedOne talking about it in a 2018 interview. He said that the early days were so precious to him because she was so passionate and totally free when creating music. Which kind of changed when new people arrived in her team and life after she became real real famous. He also said a lot of pressure was put on her (concerning numbers and more) and he knew at that moment it would never be the same. 

I don't know if it's part of what changed her vision in doing music, but I feel like it was such an iconic and special moment for anybody who worked with her in the studio on her first records. 

elijahfan
3 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

I remember RedOne talking about it in a 2018 interview. He said that the early days were so precious to him because she was so passionate and totally free when creating music. Which kind of changed when new people arrived in her team and life after she became real real famous. He also said a lot of pressure was put on her (concerning numbers and more) and he knew at that moment it would never be the same. 

I don't know if it's part of what changed her vision in doing music, but I feel like it was such an iconic and special moment for anybody who worked with her in the studio on her first records. 

Right... Her recording methods have definitely changed. Back in the days, it felt like she was making music all the time, and basically creating a new album while touring for the previous one, she couldn't stop creating. Now, it feels more like... she's gonna stop for a few years, test the waters with a couple of sessions here and there, and then stick to one producer, lock herself up for 10 months with complete radio silence and come out with an album. It felt that way with both Joanne and Chromatica. While it makes sonically coherent albums, I can't deny it feels like we're losing something. And hearing about the behind-the-scenes, it does feel like she was really miserable making those records.

Defmix100
9 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

seriously to be a fly on the wall during the making of TF and TFM would be incredible

2 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Right... Her recording methods have definitely changed. Back in the days, it felt like she was making music all the time, and basically creating a new album while touring for the previous one, she couldn't stop creating. Now, it feels more like... she's gonna stop for a few years, test the waters with a couple of sessions here and there, and then stick to one producer, lock herself up for 10 months with complete radio silence and come out with an album. It felt that way with both Joanne and Chromatica. While it makes sonically coherent albums, I can't deny it feels like we're losing something. And hearing about the behind-the-scenes, it does feel like she was really miserable making those records.

No chromatica slandering on this website :dom:

Barbie Career Doll 2020 Edition

Ladle Ghoulash
22 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Trauma lmao 

Ocean Wrist

Interested in the story between him and DJ White Shadow. Brian Lee only ended up as a co-writer on Judas and Highway Unicorn. He also has a background vocals credit on the album. 

elijahfan
12 minutes ago, Pporappippam said:

No chromatica slandering on this website :dom:

I love the album, I'm just saying something changed. Which is low-key normal, she's not in her early 20s anymore.

elijahfan
11 minutes ago, zebulonpyke said:

Trauma lmao 

Ok, but wasn't she raped long before she made it into the music industry? She's fought trauma for as long as we've known her.

ZiggyZiggs
9 minutes ago, Ocean Wrist said:

Interested in the story between him and DJ White Shadow. Brian Lee only ended up as a co-writer on Judas and Highway Unicorn. He also has a background vocals credit on the album. 

he went on to co-write some monster hits by the looks of it too, Wolves and it aint me by selena, work from home, anywhere and lonely together, havana by camila, those are some fat checks for real lol

Archived