💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Brian Lee, BTW collaborator, talks about his experience working with Gaga

monketsharona

Featured Posts

elijahfan
1 minute ago, ZiggyZiggs said:

he went on to co-write some monster hits by the looks of it too, Wolves and it aint me by selena, work from home, anywhere and lonely together, havana by camila, those are some fat checks for real lol

At least he's not whining about how Gaga didn't respect his ideas like DJ Snake keeps doing every time he's asked about her :awkney:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladle Ghoulash
3 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Ok, but wasn't she raped long before she made it into the music industry? She's fought trauma for as long as we've known her.

That’s not how PTSD always works. Based on my understanding, Gaga compartmentalized her trauma by repressing the memory and working in spite of the pain it caused her until she reached a physical and psychological breaking point when she was injured on the BTWB tour. Her fibro is very likely a hybrid of physical, psychological, and emotional triggers that surround the duration of time that she was repressing her PTSD to be Gaga full time. What this means is that now that she has been forced to confront the pain without the filter of workaholism and sublimating it all into her work, she has to do a lot more to

mitigate flare-ups, flashbacks, and dissociation. 

elijahfan
Just now, zebulonpyke said:

That’s not how PTSD always works. Based on my understanding, Gaga compartmentalized her trauma by repressing the memory and working in spite of the pain it caused her until she reached a physical and psychological breaking point when she was injured on the BTWB tour. Her fibro is very likely a hybrid of physical, psychological, and emotional triggers that surround the duration of time that she was repressing her PTSD to be Gaga full time.

Right, that's very true. I just hope she still enjoys doing what she does, because it feels like making her last records were excruciating experiences for her. And there's something about that "Malibu method" of doing records that doesn't quite feel the same than when she wrote songs on the road, in the heat of the moment.

not a french fry
26 minutes ago, Ocean Wrist said:

Highway Unicorn

Lol I forgot about that song, the title is funny:laughga:

social experiment gone wrong

Ladle Ghoulash
10 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Right, that's very true. I just hope she still enjoys doing what she does, because it feels like making her last records were excruciating experiences for her. And there's something about that "Malibu method" of doing records that doesn't quite feel the same than when she wrote songs on the road, in the heat of the moment.

I completely understand. I do feel bad that it seems like making music has been excruciating for her recently. I hope she finds a method that works for her in the future.

Franch Toast

Disclaimer: I've only met Gaga for like 7 seconds, so I don't claim to know her or have any unique insight into her inner thoughts. 

That said, just because  Bloodpop may have needed to pull her into the studio at times, that doesn't mean she wasn't into Chromatica or making music. My read on the situation is that it wasn't about her lack of interest in making music, but rather, her own depression. 

She/Her/Hers

TimisaMonster

Why does DJWS have so many issues with other producers??? :saladga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

monketsharona
2 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

Why does DJWS have so many issues with other producers??? :saladga:

I always found that guy problematic tbh. 

Just my opinion but I would be finer if Gaga would stick more with BloodPop or Burns than DJWS in the future. 

EuphoricVibez
7 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

Disclaimer: I've only met Gaga for like 7 seconds, so I don't claim to know her or have any unique insight into her inner thoughts. 

That said, just because  Bloodpop may have needed to pull her into the studio at times, that doesn't mean she wasn't into Chromatica or making music. My read on the situation is that it wasn't about her lack of interest in making music, but rather, her own depression. 

Agreed. She still loves making music just like she always has, but her depression got the better of her while she was making Chromatica. I know it had to have been hard on her singing about very personal issues too

He/him/his

spicedchy
17 hours ago, monketsharona said:

Looking back, I’ve rarely been that happy. Working on music was her life, and that was one thing I really appreciated about her, and I don’t see that as much anymore. A lot of the time [once you get busy/successful], it’s like, ‘Ah ****, I gotta go to the studio, I gotta finish this…’

Am I the only one who interpreted this as he doesn’t see it ‘that much’ anymore with artists in general? And that his appreciation of her is in past tense because that’s when they actually worked together.

I mean, it applies, but I don’t think he was calling her out lol 

monketsharona
1 minute ago, spicedchy said:

Am I the only one who interpreted this as he doesn’t see it ‘that much’ anymore with artists in general? And that his appreciation of her is in past tense because that’s when they actually worked together.

I think it was in general

chromaticainmyhead
16 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Right... Her recording methods have definitely changed. Back in the days, it felt like she was making music all the time, and basically creating a new album while touring for the previous one, she couldn't stop creating. Now, it feels more like... she's gonna stop for a few years, test the waters with a couple of sessions here and there, and then stick to one producer, lock herself up for 10 months with complete radio silence and come out with an album. It felt that way with both Joanne and Chromatica. While it makes sonically coherent albums, I can't deny it feels like we're losing something. And hearing about the behind-the-scenes, it does feel like she was really miserable making those records.

this. It looks like she tried to demand focussing on making music full-time more and more and keep side-projects as simple as possible since BTW was released. 2008-2012 must have been so stressful for her, constantly keeping an eye out for ten projects at the same time. 

It makes sense in order to fully open your creative work flow and really put out a personal record when you lock yourself up with just one main producer. not work on anything else. But I feel like this nurtures her overthinking and they start scrapping things or polishing songs to the level they lose their rawness which most of the TFM tracks have retained, BTW was on the verge to becoming a more polished record, and ARTPOP was very raw but also completely overproduced in terms of concept and meanings of the song. 

Chromatica and Joanne are both great records with deep meanings but their songs are also really blandy produced at the same time. Which is interesting given the amount of time she put into these. 

That makes me wonder if she had less time for the whole process of creating an album she put out a more raw piece of music similar to songs off of TFM. 

Given so much time, free power but also incredible pressure from the public and the label to figure out the next smart step for her career I feel like her overthinking is sabotaging the production at some point of recording. Becaue at some stage during that process you have to reach a point where the producer and the singer hit a very vulnerable place that makes you connect with each other to figure out what stories you want to tell and how you want to tell them. And on the way to figure out those stories you reach a point during creating the songs where there show up glances of a direction for the songs to head to which would have made them more raw and not-so-polished, experimental even, but they pushed it to work on the songs more and more which leads them to keep them simple with a clear message rather than songs that appear dark, mystical and rather complex like many songs of TFM..

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

Daylight Jokers
58 minutes ago, spicedchy said:

That's definitely what he meant and what I understood. That's also why he said he sees Gaga's passion in Post (I'm asssuming Post Malone?).

AshIey
8 hours ago, Franch Toast said:

It seems she was depressed while making this album, along with having to relive her trauma couldn’t have been easy (although, I don’t remember anything about him having to pull her into the studio? But if so I wouldn’t blame her).

Some quotes from Bloodpop on the making of Chromatica

Spoiler

“Some of those days were very long and hard emotionally. No matter how hard they would be, by 9 or 10pm she would be dancing and smiling. You could physically see dance music healing this person in real time so it just became obvious very quickly that that’s what we had to do.”

On recording 911: 

“[Gaga] had to relive everything she was talking about in the song with every take,” Tucker explains. “She wore a wig to the studio that day, hoping it would make it a little bit easier to feel like someone else. We had it almost pitch-black in the studio. I wish everyone could see what I saw because she really fought for each and everyone of these songs to put her whole self into it, at any cost.”

Franch Toast
24 minutes ago, modern ecstasy said:

It seems she was depressed while making this album, along with having to relive her trauma couldn’t have been easy (although, I don’t remember anything about him having to pull her into the studio? But if so I wouldn’t blame her).

Some quotes from Bloodpop on the making of Chromatica

Reveal hidden contents

“Some of those days were very long and hard emotionally. No matter how hard they would be, by 9 or 10pm she would be dancing and smiling. You could physically see dance music healing this person in real time so it just became obvious very quickly that that’s what we had to do.”

On recording 911: 

“[Gaga] had to relive everything she was talking about in the song with every take,” Tucker explains. “She wore a wig to the studio that day, hoping it would make it a little bit easier to feel like someone else. We had it almost pitch-black in the studio. I wish everyone could see what I saw because she really fought for each and everyone of these songs to put her whole self into it, at any cost.”

I think somewhere she mentioned she was sitting on her porch chain-smoking and Bloodpop had to pull her into the studio. People have taken this to mean that she wasn't interested in the album; I take it to mean she was depressed. When you're depressed, it's hard enough just to get out of bed, let alone do the things that you love. I don't think her depression should be conflated with a lack of enthusiasm.

She/Her/Hers

Archived