Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

When Lana Del Rey was an OGH (Obsessive Gaga Hater)

NFRatwell

Featured Posts

not a french fry

I just want to know more about what happened in Williamsburg:stalkga:

social experiment gone wrong

RudraCNG

Well, I wouldn't call her "obsessed" just for writing one song.

But yeah, I'd like to know what was the t.

PopReaper

There's also this iconic post: 

6cXmc.png

I'd love to know to what extent they knew each other during their days as independent/aspiring singers, it's just such a crazy coincidence. My guess is that their beef (if there really was one) was probably one-sided, and mostly just Lana being pressed about Gaga rising to superstardom before her/seeing Gaga as a "sell-out". I'm sure they're cool with each other now, specially bc Lana showed up to Gaga's 30th b-day party back in 2016.

Fun Fact: The K in KPop stands for "Kate Bush"

waterlikemisery
4 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

Well, I wouldn't call her "obsessed" just for writing one song.

But yeah, I'd like to know what was the t.

...she still wrote the song :bear: 

RudraCNG
1 minute ago, waterlikemisery said:

...she still wrote the song :bear: 

Yeah and that was disgusting, but she writes a lot of songs. What I'm trying to say is that writing a single song off 100 doesn't make you obsessed about the topic of that one song. 

littlepotter
21 minutes ago, PopReaper said:

6cXmc.png

I'd love to know to what extent they knew each other during their days as independent/aspiring singers, it's just such a crazy coincidence. My guess is that their beef (if there really was one) was probably one-sided, and mostly just Lana being pressed about Gaga rising to superstardom before her/seeing Gaga as a "sell-out". I'm sure they're cool with each other now, specially bc Lana showed up to Gaga's 30th b-day party back in 2016.

wait WHAT :air::air::air::air::air::air::air::air::air:

chaeri pls

Sister

Jealousy is ugly and she should have never written a song about it and put it out, it's so petty and makes her look ridiculous. You see Azealia Banks constantly going for her now, maybe karma.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Inferno
On 8/1/2020 at 12:12 PM, RudraCNG said:

Yeah and that was disgusting, but she writes a lot of songs. What I'm trying to say is that writing a single song off 100 doesn't make you obsessed about the topic of that one song. 

Check the posts above, she would also post about her on her facebook at the time and literally referred to herself as a hater saying "I am a hater" :trollga:

Inferno
On 8/1/2020 at 12:06 PM, PopReaper said:

6cXmc.png

I believe it also had something to do with Lanas manager Bob Leone who also briefly had some affiliation with Gaga and felt stiffed by her, I dont remember the details and dont care to google but if you wish to or if anyone here can fill in the blanks please do. I also imagine that with Gaga coming from the same scene as Lana then blowing up so huge, it must have influenced some people in that scene to take to doing Gaga-esque tactics to also achieve the same success. Thus annoying Lana because of Gagas influence on the scene. On top of jealousy etc. Theres probably a lot of mundane factors that attributed to the creation of So Legit and her attitude at the time. Not at all justifying it as I dont personally care for Lana but id imagine their current "friendship" isnt so much a friendship as a general acquaintance/apprecation for one another. It was all so long ago, they both have their own success, theres just no reason for malice at this point. I doubt they're "friends" by any means.

Sister

No. I think they have since made up and are at least cordial. They were at a party gala ( Billboard Women In Music ) and seemed to have let the past go.:tea:

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived