💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Britney's dad slams the #FreeBritney movement and fans

Gimme More

Featured Posts

Gimme More

Jamie Spears is sick and tired of how #FreeBritney — an increasingly vocal online movement claiming his daughter Britney Spears is a prisoner in a gilded cage — is painting him as a villain.

An upset Jamie, 68, told The Post that the campaign, which posits him as a cruel and opportunistic father keeping the 38-year-old pop princess under his emotional and financial control in a 12-year-long legal conservatorship, “is a joke.”

“All these conspiracy theorists don’t know anything. The world don’t have a clue,” he said. “It’s up to the court of California to decide what’s best for my daughter. It’s no one else’s business.” Jamie angrily denied long-standing rumors that he or anyone else is skimming money off the top of Britney’s estate. “I have to report every nickel and dime spent to the court every year,” he said. “How the hell would I steal something?”

The dad said what really bothers him is the aggressiveness of the #FreeBritney supporters. “People are being stalked and targeted with death threats,” he said. “It’s horrible. We don’t want those kinds of fans.

“I love my daughter,” Jamie continued, getting emotional. “I love all my kids. But this is our business. It’s private.”

Britney’s life and struggles, however, have long played out in public.

And recently, celebrities including Ruby Rose, Miley Cyrus, Tinashe, Cher, Paris Hilton, Ariel Winter and Rose McGowan have lent their support to the #FreeBritney movement, Instagramming and tweeting about how the singer is allegedly unable to make her own decisions about her career, personal life and health because of the ongoing conservatorship.

“Her father doesn’t allow her to drive, all of her calls & messages are monitored, she’s not allowed to vote, hang with anyone or spend her money without permission. And if she breaks a ‘rule’ he threatens to have her kids taken away,” claims one change.org petition, with more than 100,000 signatures, lobbying for Britney’s freedom.

The #FreeBritney crusaders have blasted social media with posts, purporting  to show that Jamie claimed Britney had dementia in 2008, and that Jamie and the star’s business manager, Lou Taylor of Tri Star Sports and Management, are embezzling from her.

Lately, Britney’s camp has started striking back: Taylor, who did not return calls from The Post, recently settled with #FreeBritney supporter Bryan Kuchar after suing him last year for creating Web sites that called Taylor the “mastermind controlling the pop star.”

A number of Spears insiders insist that the star is not a helpless pawn.

“Absolutely not,” Charlie Ebersol, who dated Britney for eight months in 2015, told The Post. As for the wild rumor that Jamie hires his daughter’s boyfriends and pays them $1,000 a week to date her, Ebersol said: “Not [true] in any way, shape or form.”

One insider said that while Jamie is “not perfect,” he “really stepped up for Britney.”

The conservatorship, which put much of the star’s decision-making into the hands of Jamie and lawyers, was established 12 years ago, after Britney’s very public meltdown.

At the time, it was meant to be temporary. But the fact that it’s gone on so long makes some question who is really benefiting from it. Those close to the singer, however, say that Britney is more comfortable with — and ambivalent about — the situation than people realize.

“It’s not at all a conservatorship like you read about for old people,” said the insider. “It protects her in a way people like Michael Jackson weren’t protected, from themselves and from other people. She’s been able to perform all this time because performing is where she is happiest.

“When she’s left to her own devices is where the trouble starts. She does have some serious issues.”

During the past 12 years, she has been allowed to make records, tour and even have a Las Vegas concert residency — leading many to speculate: If she can work, why isn’t she allowed to make her decisions?

When asked whether Britney is mentally unstable, ex-boyfriend Ebersol was resolute: “Absolutely not,” he said. That statement was echoed by other former boyfriends including David Lucado, who dated her in 2014. (Britney is now dating Iranian-born bodybuilder Sam Asghari, 26.)

Adam Streisand agrees. The Los Angeles-based lawyer was hired by Britney in 2008 after her hospitalization, until a doctor reported that she was not competent enough to choose her own lawyer and the court appointed her a new one.

He told The Post that, even when she was near rock bottom, Britney did not appear crazy, “just agitated. She understood the concept of a conservatorship but just did not want her father to be the conservator.”
Nonetheless, Streisand does not believe that Jamie or the business managers have been skimming money from Britney. It’s believed that her fortune, said to be anywhere from $60 million to $215 million, was placed in a trust as part of the conservatorship.

“Jamie’s a weird guy, he’s a control freak,” Streisand said. “But I don’t see him as some sort of criminal mastermind in this.”

The Spears family is splintered, however. Last summer, Jamie was temporarily removed from the conservatorship after he allegedly broke down a door and grabbed Sean during an altercation, resulting in a restraining order that forbids him from seeing Britney’s two sons. In March, Jayden lashed out against Jamie on Instagram. Britney’s mom, Lynne, who divorced Jamie in 2002, has reportedly liked at least one #FreeBritney post. Last week, Britney’s brother, Bryan, said that the star wanted out of the conservatorship — but that “it has been a great thing for our family.”

Veteran music producer Ed Steinberg says her team is actually benefiting from the #FreeBritney movement. 

“Whatever is or is not wrong with her, the #FreeBritney movement is making her relevant at a time when a lot of pop stars [from the early 2000s] are aging out of the public eye,” he said.

“Her management, her label and Britney herself aren’t stupid. They may not have started the movement but they’re benefiting from it.”

The next hearing on the conservatorship is to be held August 19th

#JusticeForBritney ♡

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean... Britney very clearly needs some type of support. I don't know if it would require something as intensive as the conservatorship. I think she was totally destroyed just through the process of the conservatorship also, so at this point it would be even harder for her to go back to being in charge.

Gimme More

The amount of people Team Britney are paying to cover things up :bradley:

Britney's brother literally said the other week Britney has ALWAYS wanted to be free.

The fact Jamie said in court last year that his relationship with Britney has ALWAYS been strained - the fact Jamie was an abusive alcoholic during Britney's childhood.

The fact Jamie assaulted Britney's son which led to her visitation being drastically reduced. The way there is a restraining order against Jamie coming anywhere near Britney's kids.

How is this man in charge?!

If she can go on world tours and perform in front of thousands of people, how is she not allowed to have basic human rights? it appears she's only allowed to do things when it makes her team money.

I hope everyone remembers in TWELVE YEARS Britney has never been diagnosed with any mental illness (confirmed in court last year).

Britney said in court last year she was forced into a mental health facility against her will and forced to take medication. Why is she forced to take medication when she has not been diagnosed with any mental illness???

Looks like they are really trying to cover their tracks.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Gracious Gaga

Hi everyone, I have a question!

Who posts on Britney's instagram? Is it HER? or her Dad/team?  Because many people believe she sends hidden messages in her post- but I've also heard people say that she is NOT the one who is posting these posts.  Can anyone clarify this?

I know none of us really know all of the facts- but I was just curious if anyone has legit info/evidence regarding this question

♥ Kindness Police.

Gimme More
1 minute ago, LadyGoo said:

I mean... Britney very clearly needs some type of support. I don't know if it would require something as intensive as the conservatorship. I think she was totally destroyed just through the process of the conservatorship also, so at this point it would be even harder for her to go back to being in charge.

I think if she needed help, there are alternative methods to a conservatorship. She could get a life coach, hire people to take control of her finances, as long as it is her decision and people she trusts.

#JusticeForBritney ♡

River

"we protect her from herself" like sis it was poetic in the 90s, now it's just dumb and cringy

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Gimme More
1 minute ago, Gracious Gaga said:

Hi everyone, I have a question!

Who posts on Britney's instagram? Is it HER? or her Dad/team?  Because many people believe she sends hidden messages in her post- but I've also heard people say that she is NOT the one who is posting these posts.  Can anyone clarify this?

If she is given access to a phone it is monitored (as mentioned in court documentation) and Britney's brother Bryan said her team approve the posts before they are put out. Britney's known for being cryptic and sending messages - Sam's friend who recently spoke with Britney literally said she secretly sends messages in her posts.

Also here's a video of a member of her team posting on her account:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

blackpink

He is literally bottom of the barrel garbage. His lies and evil behaviour towards his own daughter has been exposed to the world and will CONTINUE to gain publicity and he’s scrambling to TMZ and whoever else will let him broadcast his lies to defend himself and it’s sad. 

Gimme More

@Gracious Gaga i'm going to PM you the court docs of Jamie claiming Britney has dementia and then quickly changing it to other reasoning when he found out the Dementia claim wouldn't work...

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Gracious Gaga
Just now, Gimme More said:

@Gracious Gaga i'm going to PM you the court docs of Jamie claiming Britney has dementia and then quickly changing it to other reasoning when he found out the Dementia claim wouldn't work...

okay thank you!

♥ Kindness Police.

Gimme More
1 minute ago, Gracious Gaga said:

okay thank you!

it says you can't receive messages!

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Gracious Gaga
6 minutes ago, Gimme More said:

it says you can't receive messages!

oh **** hold on 

@Gimme More try now I just deleted my entire inbox lol