• Created
  • Last Reply
Saeed
10 minutes ago, waterlikemisery said:

i tried my best :bear:

9kNoVeL.gif

its what Jamie deserved anyway

StrawberryBlond

I can't believe this tragic situation is still going on. I officially became somewhat over it post-Circus. It's when I, even as a Britney fan, was starting to get uncomfortable with her being wheeled out to make money even when she didn't feel like it. How can such treatment still be legal in this day and age? Those who have examined the conservatorship in detail have said it's rare to see such extremes still used and when it is, it's reserved for those who are severely mentally handicapped, not a parent who had one breakdown. Admittedly, the conservatorship likely saved Britney's life...at the time. It's no longer needed 12 years later and to hear that it's apparently used as a weapon to stop her having access to her kids is sickening. As was mentioned on GGD during Kanye's recent breakdown, how come he, a father of 4 who had a public breakdown (and whose battle with biopolar is widely publicised) is allowed to live life as normal and apparently can't be helped unless he wants it...but a mother of 2 who has one public breakdown has nearly all her rights taken away from her with a conservatorship and is forced to live a life like a child and is under constant supervision? If that's not proof that there's sexism at work in modern doctor's practices and law, I don't know what is. Goes to show that it doesn't take much for a woman to be called crazy either.

When even the fans don't care if she never releases music again, they just want her to be free, the courts have to listen. They need to ask themselves if they'd want to see their daughter treated like that. The woman's nearing 40, has 2 children and, conservatorship or not, hasn't had the chance to live like a proper adult at any point in her life considering she became famous at 16. Let her experience freedom for once in her life.

“Whatever is or is not wrong with her, the #FreeBritney movement is making her relevant at a time when a lot of pop stars [from the early 2000s] are aging out of the public eye,” he said.”

There is something very sick and twisted about this statement.  

paradox
19 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

Well you spelled it wrong so people cant look it up :huntyga:

12 hours ago, waterlikemisery said:

i tried my best :bear:

9kNoVeL.gif

1e153033c515081eb88c33204da1f1ed.jpg

49 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I can't believe this tragic situation is still going on. I officially became somewhat over it post-Circus. It's when I, even as a Britney fan, was starting to get uncomfortable with her being wheeled out to make money even when she didn't feel like it. How can such treatment still be legal in this day and age? Those who have examined the conservatorship in detail have said it's rare to see such extremes still used and when it is, it's reserved for those who are severely mentally handicapped, not a parent who had one breakdown. Admittedly, the conservatorship likely saved Britney's life...at the time. It's no longer needed 12 years later and to hear that it's apparently used as a weapon to stop her having access to her kids is sickening. As was mentioned on GGD during Kanye's recent breakdown, how come he, a father of 4 who had a public breakdown (and whose battle with biopolar is widely publicised) is allowed to live life as normal and apparently can't be helped unless he wants it...but a mother of 2 who has one public breakdown has nearly all her rights taken away from her with a conservatorship and is forced to live a life like a child and is under constant supervision? If that's not proof that there's sexism at work in modern doctor's practices and law, I don't know what is. Goes to show that it doesn't take much for a woman to be called crazy either.

When even the fans don't care if she never releases music again, they just want her to be free, the courts have to listen. They need to ask themselves if they'd want to see their daughter treated like that. The woman's nearing 40, has 2 children and, conservatorship or not, hasn't had the chance to live like a proper adult at any point in her life considering she became famous at 16. Let her experience freedom for once in her life.

Yes I agree it helped Britney 12 years ago, and I supported it as it was a temporary conservatorship. Then the father asked to extend it for life and make it permanent for no reason. Britney was actually doing extremely good when her father asked to extend it for life.

Britney had self awareness after the breakdown and was very reflective about what happened. Yet Kanye West has been acting delusional for a whole decade and nobody cares! Britney said that she acted out instead of speaking up for herself because she did not know how to do that. Here is a video of Brit talking about this:

Archived