💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

This new Billboard rule seems unfair

Lighter

Featured Posts

Lighter

In cases where multiple physical formats of the same album or single are bundled with digital downloads, only the first physical format that is fulfilled to the customer will be counted.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/9419979/billboards-new-bundle-chart-rules-start-date

Look. If I bought a CD, Vinyl, and a Cassette, it should be counted as 3 copies sold on the charts because they are in different formats. It's not like I bought three copies of the same format. Why would you only count my CD if I also bought a Vinyl and a cassette. Am I understanding this right

Economy

Yeah seems messes up

They are gonna count each stream you make of songs so why the heck with sales would u not count them?

It's different if it's a fan buying multiple copies of the SAME song/version to make it chart higher but if they are a bit different and you payed for each they should count!

Economy
7 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

I'm not clever enough, I don't understand anything:poot:

The GP trying to understand billboard rules

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

Lighter
13 minutes ago, Economy said:

Yeah seems messes up

They are gonna count each stream you make of songs so why the heck with sales would u not count them?

It's different if it's a fan buying multiple copies of the SAME song/version to make it chart higher but if they are a bit different and you payed for each they should count!

Will also encourage artists to release vinyls and cassettes anymore which is sad cause they’re beautiful collectibles 

Seeka

Meh. Just buy what you want. Don't worry about Billboard. 

Lighter
6 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Meh. Just buy what you want. Don't worry about Billboard. 

Being a chart stan is in my blood and i hate that:laughga:

Economy
Just now, Lighter said:

Will also encourage artists to release vinyls and cassettes anymore which is sad cause they’re beautiful collectibles 

If they are concerned about this inflating sales when artists release multiple versions they could do something simmilar to streams like how a stream from a paid service like Spotify counts more than a free stream like YouTube

They could award a full sale point to the first purchase and then award just partial points for further purchases of different formats of the song

That seems more fair than removing it completely :shrug:

Seeka
2 minutes ago, Lighter said:

Being a chart stan is in my blood and i hate that:laughga:

I never understood that. It seems like a waste of money. 

I always illegally download singles until the album comes out. Don't see the point of spending money multiple times on one song. People have claimed I'm less of a fan for doing so, but I have way more expensive hobbies. 

Madame Goo Goo

I think this means that the first digital copy that is fulfilled is what's gonna be counted? Like if you bought 3 copies (vinyl, CD, cassette) those 3 copies will all count as 3 copies because that's what it does, but you can't redeem 3 digital downloads for them. Only 1. That's what it seems to me. I don't think they can just not count certain sales because they were in the same order. 

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

Yxilon
17 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

I'm not clever enough, I don't understand anything:poot:

This is such a mood tho

Everything could be everything (it could mean anything)

jacs vs looser
2 minutes ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

I think this means that the first digital copy that is fulfilled is what's gonna be counted? Like if you bought 3 copies (vinyl, CD, cassette) those 3 copies will all count as 3 copies because that's what it does, but you can't redeem 3 digital downloads for them. Only 1. That's what it seems to me. I don't think they can just not count certain sales because they were in the same order. 

I understand the rule this way as well, why would it mention digital bundles otherwise? 

Lighter
20 minutes ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

Oh yes this is a better interpretation 

40 minutes ago, Lighter said:

The article talks specifically about bundles. So I think if you order the CD, the cassette and the vinyl separately, all 3 would count. It will only not count if all 3 come as one bundle on the website. So I don’t think it would discourage artists from releasing multiple formats. I think it’s to stop artists from bundling them all together with other products. That’s how I take it, at least.

Archived