💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

911, here’s my examination

DC

Featured Posts

1. 911 has the best chorus

I know what you’re thinking “Oh wow, another ProjectJoanne thread :ohwell:“ but also “How could you say 911 has the best chorus on the WHOLE album??? It’s literally just her being a monotone robot!” And what I have to say to that is, Exactly :vegas:

I LOVE how she uses a melody to her best advantage, you really get a feel of what she’s talking about, and there’s a reason it comes right before Plastic Doll, because she feels robotic and not the same when she has to take them, but they make her feel the most “normal” at the same time. This “hollow, mono-tone” chorus is an artistic expression of how she feels when she has to take them and it’s quite depressing and sad :messga:

2. It sounds SO 80’s

Probably the most 80’s sounding song on here, it doesn’t at all sound like the 90’s Haus production the rest of the album is known for, it really reminds me of of these songs:

3. It has the strongest meaning on the whole album

Just because she’s never shouting the world or uses Melodyne throughout the whole song, that doesn’t mean it has the strongest-most personal meaning on the whole album.

4. It uses unusual chords

Instead of sticking to the Cm key, she ventures into using an F Major chord right in the middle of the chord progression, changing the key signature.

Love this analysis! It is such a powerful bop. 911 is the most personal song on Chromatica for sure. 

You chew beef, I wear meat.

EuphoricVibez

911 is definitely one of the best songs on Chromatica. It sounds modern, but also has a classic euro-disco sound with some elements of funk, and techno. :ally:

He/him/his

GaGaAst

you are so brave for sharing this

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Sneaky Oliver

Not the best, yet still very good! I don’t mind about the monotone, I just wish there were more words in the chorus. 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Archived