Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Which pop girl has the best closing tracks (except Gaga)?

Red Velvet

Closer  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Best pop girl when it comes to album closers?

Featured Posts

Red Velvet

Closing tracks can arguably be the best song in the album, culminating their project with a bang or be the worst, being a letsown with the songs before it.

Which of the pop girls had the best closing tracks? 

These don't add remixes, voice memos or any versions of the existing songs in another language.

Rihanna: Now I Know, If It's Lovin That You Want (Pt. II), Good Girl Gone Bad, The Last Song, Love The Way You Lie (Pt. II), Farewell, Lost In Paradise, Sex with Me

Katy: Fingerprints, Not Like the Movies, Dressin' Up, By The Grace of God and Act My Age

Beyoncé: Daddy, Resentment, Ave Maria, I Was Here, Grown Woman and Formation

Ariana: Better Left Unsaid, My Everything, Thinking Bout' You, Get Well Soon and break up with your girlfriend, im bored

Adele: Hometown Glory, Someone Like You and Sweetest Devotion

Taylor: Our Song, Change, Long Live, Begin Again, Clean, New Year's Day, Daylight and hoax

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

God Control

Madonna

You got: Mer Girl, Easy Ride, I Rise, Falling Free, Rebel Heart, Gone, Take A Bow, Vogue, Everybody and Like It Or Not. That’s one hell of a streak 

Taylucifer

Taylor, absolutely. I personally like the idea of ending albums on more positive note cause I'm a naive optimist:gaysia:. I also think that as an artist it is kinda smart to end your albums on a note of rebirth and change cause artists are expected to grow and evolve (especially em pop girls:poot:) with each album so that certainly makes it easier and your discography flow. 

Spoiler

hoax is an exception but I suspect that the deluxe track 'the lakes' will be more positive if I had to guess especially looking at all her past closers

1989 (TV) is out NOW

Red Velvet
10 minutes ago, Taylucifer said:

Taylor, absolutely. I personally like the idea of ending albums on more positive note cause I'm a naive optimist:gaysia:. I also think that as an artist it is kinda smart to end your albums on a note of rebirth and change cause artists are expected to grow and evolve (especially em pop girls:poot:) with each album so that certainly makes it easier and your discography flow. 

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

hoax is an exception but I suspect that the deluxe track 'the lakes' will be more positive if I had to guess especially looking at all her past closers

but then:

A Perfectly Good Heart - a song that asks why he broke her heart

If This Was A Movie (yes i don't count superman) - the movie doesn't end well aka their relationship

Come Back... Be Here (i don't count girl at home) - the exact opposite of Begin Again

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Taylucifer
8 hours ago, BLACKPINK said:

but then:

A Perfectly Good Heart - a song that asks why he broke her heart

If This Was A Movie (yes i don't count superman) - the movie doesn't end well aka their relationship

Come Back... Be Here (i don't count girl at home) - the exact opposite of Begin Again

shhhhhhhhhh

1989 (TV) is out NOW

Monsieur D

Taylor, I mean Long Live, Daylight and Clean are some of her best songs (especially Long Live :bradley:).

Adele has very good closing tracks though, Sweetest Devotion is one of her most beautiful songs (very "theatrical"), Someone Like You is ICONIC.

Get Well Soon is such a banger, but the rest of her closing tracks are not THAT GOOD.

Sister
11 hours ago, God Control said:

Madonna

You got: Mer Girl, Easy Ride, I Rise, Falling Free, Rebel Heart, Gone, Take A Bow, Vogue, Everybody and Like It Or Not. That’s one hell of a streak 

Yes. I was looking for Madonna, so I had to go with Rihanna.

Madonna for sure would win this.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

God Control
4 minutes ago, Sister said:

Yes. I was looking for Madonna, so I had to go with Rihanna.

Madonna for sure would win this.

Yas haha

2School4Cool

I would say P!nk

Is It Love, My Vietnam, Love Song, Conversations With My 13 Year Old Self, Glitter In The Air, The Great Escape, You Get My Love, The Last Song of Your Life.

See The Best In Everyone

TheArcher

Omg Clean, Long Live, Daylight >>>.

Love the energy and message of those songs, lyrically and musically two of my favorites of her whole discography. 

Jose P

Neither. It’s definitely Madonna, she always closes with a bang. 

I would say Gaga too but then there’s Summerboy and Teeth which were probably the worst choices for album closers :huntyga:

Out of this list, I’ll vote for Katy. 

Also, shouldn’t the closing track for Witness be Into Me You See? Act My Age was a deluxe track.

Anderson123

Adele by far. Just looking at that list makes me realize how random they all are. 

Archived