💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LotR movies aged like milk

River

Featured Posts

River

So I'm rewatching the movies during my meals and I couldn't think about how bad the movies look now.

If it's the bad editing, weird slow motions, awkward close ups, bad CGI, some bad acting moment, Elija's screams.

Like when Galadriel go crazy, the scream, music, the cgi all is awful in one single shot, makes you wonder how the hell it was approved.

Or when Frodo wakes up when he got healed, this dreamy-like part, wtf is this lol

I can understand why it was ahead of it's time and a masterpiece in 2001 but 19 years later, it looks pretty awful compare to other movies in that genre (or CGI-based) during those years.

Going to sleep, plz don't eat my head, I'm sensitive after a user personal attacked me yesterday :fatcat:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was trying to figure out what LotR was "Love on the runs" by Rihanna? But I got it now:bear:

River
2 minutes ago, darkpaw said:

I was trying to figure out what LotR was "Love on the runs" by Rihanna? But I got it now:bear:

Lorde of the Rihanna:yennefer:

5 minutes ago, darkpaw said:

Leak Out The Record

ice heard one side from above

ot: yeah,  the movies didn't impress me, the length didn't help either

ice heard one side from above

Bubblegum Bitch

Many people like this movie because this is another thing from their childhood. 

Rosalina

Are you watching something else entirely? The LOTR movies have aged extraordinarily well because they DIDN’T rely too much on CGI, (the orcs and uruk-hai for example). Every time I watch them, they still feel like they were made recently, and I completely forget that these films are nearly 20 years old. They’re absolutely timeless.

RainingOnMe

Revisited the trilogy earlier this year for my film class.. felt a bit discomforting when I realized there was not one single person of color in any of the 3 movies..

River
2 minutes ago, Oranjella Marquise said:

Revisited the trilogy earlier this year for my film class.. felt a bit discomforting when I realized there was not one single person of color in any of the 3 movies..

Also this.

Or many women

Rosalina
1 minute ago, Oranjella Marquise said:

Movie series released 20 years ago based on a book that was published by an English man in the 1950s in a country with a 99% white population doesn’t have a non-white person in it... well colour me shocked

Prostitute Barbie

No. They aged very well. Most movies and TV shows wish they could be them. Star Wars aged poorly and had horrible sequels  

River
7 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

Are you watching something else entirely? The LOTR movies have aged extraordinarily well because they DIDN’T rely too much on CGI, (the orcs and uruk-hai for example). Every time I watch them, they still feel like they were made recently, and I completely forget that these films are nearly 20 years old. They’re absolutely timeless.

I mean, you can't tell me that this scene didn't age bad:

I mean I still love the movies, it's just some scenes looks very bad now

weed
8 minutes ago, Rosalina said:

Right? I'm like what movie are you describing sis.. not LOTR lmao

Rosalina
4 minutes ago, River said:

Nope. Still looks fantastic. How else could they have done it in 2001? 

Prostitute Barbie
2 minutes ago, River said:

Okay but that video quality looks like it was filmed on a flip phone from 15 years ago :laughga:

Archived