opinion

LotR movies aged like milk

River

Featured Posts

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andy McQueen

Well, CGI does age in general since the technology gets more and more advanced and the animators more skilled. Maybe in 30 years from now, we will laugh at the "poorly" computer animation in Jon Favreau's "The Lion King" & the "Jungle Book", Andy Serkis' "Planet of the Apes" trilogy and James Cameron's "Avatar". 

Kattys

Jesus, the lack of taste in this thread... I still get goosebumps on cinematography, mountains, music, incredible shots... The story flows EFFORTLESSLY and I can watch whole 3 parts in one sitting. I still fear for those characters, I still adore Sam, I still get those emotions. CGI in one or two scenes? Couldn't care less.

GagaMyBlood95

Sorry but I have to completely disagree. The way LOTR were filmed and how they look now is 1000x better than 95% of the sci-fi/adventure movies made in the last 10 years.

CGI that looks really bad and tacky was with their LOTR new parts that came out a few years ago. Now that is some bad CGI and editing. Literally when you compare them to the original thrilogy, one would think that the older one was made now.

Reginald

This might be the hottest take I've read on the internet in a while:popcorn:

98ddb2f83617d49c1e57bf1a994b34d2.gif 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

RAMROD
5 hours ago, River said:

I'm sensitive after a user personal attacked me yesterday :fatcat:

I got more heated by this. Who is that,  lemme kno.

tenor.gif?itemid=4987303

Also, that is what I feel with Moulin Rouge too! :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I find the first one to be a little aged, in the parts you mentioned. But aged????! TIMELESS FILMS, such blasphemy in one post lord of the rings GIF

1 hour ago, Pablo said:

Did you watch it on VHS? It has aged well!

Blu-Ray 4K is the way forward baby

Killa
3 hours ago, gumzy3000 said:

It's not really cringe when you realize that LOTR is set in a medieval style fantasy world. Also, LOTR was written a while ago and needless to say, books written further in time had a lot more sophistication and dramatic effect.

And anyways, LOTR is a masterpiece and one of the biggest blockbusters of all time. It is not going to have ordinary, everyday dialogue. It's meant to be a bit dramatic without being over the top. It's almost poetic in a way and it does feel epic in the context of the LOTR world.

I also want to add that it has a consistent serious vibe so it does not seem out of the blue. Hearing a line like "a storm is brewing in the east. The age of man is nearing its end" may sound weird in Twilight or Harry Potter, for example, but not in LOTR. 

Sis its how its shot that doesnt help with not best acting. 

Its not the text...like, i love tolkien are you kiddin... 

But the film had many scenes, many characters. Great part the actor has no idea of the overall context. And the director needs to have a clear mind of how to make the scene work. 

Some scenes dont work. Thats it... Its a big film, like big big. But a movie is a movie at its core. 

Anveeroy
13 minutes ago, Glamourpuss said:

Wasn't it you who said the same thing about Moulin Rouge? 

go away do not want GIF

Moulin Rouge is PERFEEEECT! :tony:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Archived