Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LotR movies aged like milk

River

Featured Posts

Varys
Just now, JustHMLover2 said:

Why would you rewatch movies you inititially didn't enjoy? :fatcat: 

It's not like there aren't millions of movies out there, don't push yourself just cuz the gp got some bad taste:reductive:

Ew what is wrong with you :messga: 

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustHMLover2
1 minute ago, Varys said:

Ew what is wrong with you :messga: 

Back At Ya Hawktalks GIF by AdHawk

I never had a thought like

"oh here is a bad movie, lemme watch it 10 times real quick till I like it" :bear:

Prostitute Barbie
4 minutes ago, JustHMLover2 said:

Why would you rewatch movies you inititially didn't enjoy? :fatcat: 

It's not like there aren't millions of movies out there, don't push yourself just cuz the gp got some bad taste:reductive:

Because some movies require more attention than others. It’s not that I didn’t “enjoy” them. But sometimes you need to pay more attention to really absorb everything and appreciate the art. You can’t be on your phone messing around if you want to get the full experience from some movies and tv shows which I was the first time I tried watching LOTR 

edit: also liking LOTR is the furthest thing from bad taste you could ever find what are you talking about rn :bear:

Pennywise

I will not tolerate any LOTR slander :triggered:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

JustHMLover2
Just now, BrownEyess said:

Because some movies require more attention than others. It’s not that I didn’t “enjoy” them. But sometimes you need to pay more attention to really absorb everything and appreciate the art. You can’t be on your phone messing around if you want to get the full experience from some movies and tv shows which I was the first time I tried watching LOTR 

I never really watch movies / series with my phone around :triggered: This is what I trully find annoying when I watch some movies with friends, cuz most people check on their phone every 15-20 mins and lose the track of what's happening, missing details etc

Batwings

Yeah, I know, right, like how when I try to watch movies from the 30s and 40s and they're all in black and white? I mean, so unrealistic. The world doesn't look like that! Totally aged like milk! 

30 rock eye roll GIF

Prostitute Barbie
1 minute ago, JustHMLover2 said:

I never really watch movies / series with my phone around :triggered: This is what I trully find annoying when I watch some movies with friends, cuz most people check on their phone every 15-20 mins and lose the track of what's happening, missing details etc

But do you really think liking LOTR is bad taste? :billie: 

JustHMLover2
Just now, BrownEyess said:

Not my cup of tea for sure, but everybody got their taste so I don't really care :)

Just saying the gp has the ability to go for basic and bland:reductive:

TheSlash
9 minutes ago, River said:

taste is weird, because even pee has a taste and some likes it, so we taste things differently, it doesn't mean that what tasty to you is tasty to me or it's bad or good.

Let me have my shady moment of the day :fatcat:

Ew, David!

Varys
1 minute ago, BrownEyess said:

Mental illness :saladga:

berlinforme

What OP describes are stylistic choices. Yeah, the CGI looks a bit meh here and there, but is generally used very little in these movies. The slow motion scenes, the overacting by Galadriel in that scene with Frodo etc. are references to that LotR animated movie from ~1980. They literally took the scenes 1:1 at some points. 

Prostitute Barbie
Just now, JustHMLover2 said:

Not my cup of tea for sure, but everybody got their taste so I don't really care :)

You’re not wrong but LOTR is an exception to that rule 

Varys
1 minute ago, JustHMLover2 said:

Lotr is anything but basic and bland.

like the dept that that world has the characters the dialogues the back stories the lore the universe ugh.:tony::giveup:

Archived