Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LotR movies aged like milk

River

Featured Posts

elijahfan
31 minutes ago, JustTea said:

Also I'm glad that they didn't force add poc to the main cast because the books don't mention them either. There are these dark skin orcs and pirates though. :haroon: And there are many powerful women in the series, but not in the main roles... Galadriel being one of the most powerful beings in the whole Middle-Earth is something to look up to. And women don't really fight in a war IRL either. :duck: That being said, nobody would have the nerve today to make such an iconic films when all these controversies exist.

Right, I wonder what they'd do if the movies were made today. Actually, the cast of the Amazon LOTR series currently shooting includes many women and POCs, I'm curious to see how they're gonna include them in this universe. I kinda fear it's gonna feel forced, but I guess we'll see... I mean diversity is great, but those books were written 80 years ago, and it's kinda important to respect the original artist's vision. So I'm a bit torn about it.

Might be worth mentioning that many Māori people were part of the original films' crew, and Peter Jackson always starts his movie shoots with a traditional Welcome Ceremony. He's actually been able to subtly infuse diversity in the films without compromising Tolkien's vision (for instance, you can hear a Māori choir on the soundtrack during The Moria scenes).

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River
4 hours ago, RAMROD said:

I got more heated by this. Who is that,  lemme kno.

tenor.gif?itemid=4987303

Also, that is what I feel with Moulin Rouge too! :diane:

u know who you lmao their statues to me :fatcat: they are evil

2 hours ago, Glamourpuss said:

Wasn't it you who said the same thing about Moulin Rouge? 

go away do not want GIF

Pretty sure it was @RAMROD and you're confusing between us again :laughga:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

River

omg guys I love been controversy but this is a meat dress kind of level :firega:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Ivannn
9 hours ago, Oranjella Marquise said:

Revisited the trilogy earlier this year for my film class.. felt a bit discomforting when I realized there was not one single person of color in any of the 3 movies..

Why should there be any? There are not any in the books so it is the only logical thing.

Glamourpuss
16 minutes ago, River said:

I'm dying. :lmao:

Galvon

Even tho fantasy is my fav genre, lotr has never really been my thing, but I can see why it's so loved. Yes it aged, obviously, but not in a bad way.

RAMROD
31 minutes ago, River said:

u know who you lmao their statues to me :fatcat: they are evil

Oh that one :madge:

Ya I did that, cos the user need a glass of ice tea and a half. :coffee:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

insight
9 hours ago, Oranjella Marquise said:

Revisited the trilogy earlier this year for my film class.. felt a bit discomforting when I realized there was not one single person of color in any of the 3 movies..

or drag queen 

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, Galvon said:

Even tho fantasy is my fav genre, lotr has never really been my thing, but I can see why it's so loved. Yes it aged, obviously, but not in a bad way.

Only the meme and GIF of it are great now :billie:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

MelbHawker

LOTR was groundbreaking in its time. I think the movies are amazing & an absolute visual treat given where CGI was back then. 

steven

One of my favourite movies of all time, even more than HP. And I disagree with the OP, it has aged pretty well and it is a timeless masterpiece. 

Sepsami
16 hours ago, VenusHooker said:

I've never even seen a Lord of the Rings movie :bear:

Highly overrated anyways ma'am 

I rewatched them all recently for the first time in years because they got on Netflix, and I was bored half the time

Archived