Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LotR movies aged like milk

River

Featured Posts

Jose P
12 minutes ago, JustHMLover2 said:

Not my cup of tea for sure, but everybody got their taste so I don't really care :)

Just saying the gp has the ability to go for basic and bland:reductive:

Basic and bland? I want you to write a world as complex as Middle Earth lol. You do realize that JRR Tolkien literally invented completely new languages for the story? It’s probably one of the most complex and elaborate stories not just of the fantasy genre, but of literature in general.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mister Gaga

Although LoTR is not my cup of tea, i do believe that the movies are some of (if not the most) the best movies Hollywood (the industry) has ever released.

Everything is on point: the attention to detail, casting, faithfullness to the books, consistency, develompent, cinematographic quality...very rarely a mega blockbuster turns out this great, with every single movie on the trilogy being inmaculate.

gumzy3000

You'r joking right?! :laughga:

The LOTR trilogy still stands strong today. The cinematography, effects, makeup, costumes and set designs create such a surreal experience. Did you watch it in bad quality or something? 

trolly troll troll

Killa

For me the most cringey parts are when they stare at the horizon and say sometging like

"a storm is brewing in the east. The age of man is nearing its end" 

Even galdalf has some of this scenes that are so badly directed they sound laughable. 

But its mostly orlando bloom and elijah. They have no clue where to stand and maybe not even context. Theyre just there awkwardly positioned. Theres more than 10 scenes like so

gumzy3000
54 minutes ago, Killa said:

For me the most cringey parts are when they stare at the horizon and say sometging like

"a storm is brewing in the east. The age of man is nearing its end" 

Even galdalf has some of this scenes that are so badly directed they sound laughable. 

But its mostly orlando bloom and elijah. They have no clue where to stand and maybe not even context. Theyre just there awkwardly positioned. Theres more than 10 scenes like so

It's not really cringe when you realize that LOTR is set in a medieval style fantasy world. Also, LOTR was written a while ago and needless to say, books written further in time had a lot more sophistication and dramatic effect.

And anyways, LOTR is a masterpiece and one of the biggest blockbusters of all time. It is not going to have ordinary, everyday dialogue. It's meant to be a bit dramatic without being over the top. It's almost poetic in a way and it does feel epic in the context of the LOTR world.

I also want to add that it has a consistent serious vibe so it does not seem out of the blue. Hearing a line like "a storm is brewing in the east. The age of man is nearing its end" may sound weird in Twilight or Harry Potter, for example, but not in LOTR. 

trolly troll troll

Xoxo Adriana
2 hours ago, River said:

Lorde of the Rihanna:yennefer:

lorde oversold that rihanna :giggle:

(just kidding i love queen riri i ain’t on that stan twitter bs gsusjehs)

kaelergrey
2 hours ago, VenusHooker said:

I've never even seen a Lord of the Rings movie :bear:

Ahhhhhhh. Lord of the rings. :flop:

Im here wondering what LOTR means. I was like is this another movie subgenre. :mark:

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

Poltergeist

Actually I rewatched it this year after at least 10 years, and I was amazed how great it still was 

I've been getting messages from my deep waters

melon

I adore LOTR because it’s such an incredibly detailed universe with 7000+ years of history thought out beyond the books, creation myths and languages it is just a feat of modern literature and a seminal fictional work that is the basis for ALL modern fantasy works whether they realise it or not

the movies introduced me to this universe and that’s why I love them, they could look like poo and I’d still love them but luckily they don’t and I think they hold up incredibly well. plus Christopher Lee and Ian McKellen :diane:

heauxmatica

Lona Delery

id disagree. i think if you released these movies today, noone would think all of this was done almost 20 years ago

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

Archived