Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Courtney Cox signs on for Scream 5

Doot

Featured Posts

gale.png?w=841&ssl=1

Announced earlier this year, Ready or Not filmmakers Matt Bettinelli-Olpin and Tyler Gillett will be resurrecting the Scream franchise for Spyglass Media Group and Paramount Pictures, with David Arquette confirmed to reprise the role of Dewey Riley. And we’ve learned today that Courteney Cox will also be back as the dogged news reporter Gale Weathers.

Cox of course played Weathers in all four of Wes Craven’s Scream movies.

Radio Silence said in a statement today, “We can’t imagine Scream without the iconic Gale Weathers and are so incredibly thrilled and humbled to have the opportunity to work with Courteney. We’re absolute mega fans of her work and we’re so excited to join her in the next chapter of the Scream saga!”

The movie is being directed by Bettinelli-Olpin and Gillett of the filmmaking group Radio Silence (Ready or Not, V/H/S) from a screenplay by James Vanderbilt (Murder Mystery, Zodiac, The Amazing Spider-Man) and Guy Busick (Ready or Not, “Castle Rock”).

Kevin Williamson and the third member of the Radio Silence trio, Chad Villella, are executive producing with Project X Entertainment’s Vanderbilt, Paul Neinstein and William Sherak serving as producers.

Neve Campbell recently revealed that conversations regarding the potential return of Sidney Prescott are underway, and Matthew Lillard has even expressed interest in returning – if, ya know, that’d even be possible. Stu Macher, after all, is quite dead. Or is he…?

The plan is for Paramount to release the untitled sequel in 2021.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3625885/courteney-cox-confirmed-play-gale-weathers-new-scream-movie/

HeavyMetalLover

I watched Scream 2 a few months ago. They’re all so fun. Excited for this. :tony:

i don't remember ARTPOP

Just now, HeavyMetalLover said:

I watched Scream 2 a few months ago. They’re all so fun. Excited for this. :tony:

That's the best one! :vegas:

Anderson123

This is one of my favorite franchises and I trust that the fifth film is in good hands. So happy to see the main 3 characters back + Kevin Williamson behind it as well. I really enjoyed Ready or Not but I hope they make it more horror than comedy. 

1 minute ago, Anderson123 said:

This is one of my favorite franchises and I trust that the fifth film is in good hands. So happy to see the main 3 characters back + Kevin Williamson behind it as well. I really enjoyed Ready or Not but I hope they make it more horror than comedy. 

Based upon RON, I really think that it's in good hands and will have more of the type of humor from the first two versus 3 be 4. 

They've all had humor but it was very subtle in the first two. That's what I want back. 

Make it serious and dark, with humorous undertones. 

This is so exciting, I’ve been keeping up with the evolution of this sequel so I kind of expected this. Still hoping for Hayden Panettiere to return :bradley: 

Im interested to see how the returning roles play a part in yet another sequel. Definitely expecting at least one of them to die. It’s overdue :oops:

4 minutes ago, Rayure said:

This is so exciting, I’ve been keeping up with the evolution of this sequel so I kind of expected this. Still hoping for Hayden Panettiere to return :bradley: 

Im interested to see how the returning roles play a part in yet another sequel. Definitely expecting at least one of them to die. It’s overdue :oops:

It was overdue by 3 :laughga:

I think they'll either completely close out their stories or they'll be purely relegated to background characters. 

2 minutes ago, Just A Holy Fool said:

I guess those Friends royalties ain’t paying the bills.

She gets millions. 

TimisaMonster

Yes return of the OG cast!

Can't wait for The Scream Awakens! :tony:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Just now, papergangster said:

Hopefully her tiny little bangs make a come back!

Her bangs in 3 are iconic. 

Archived