💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Spotify CEO: 3-4 year album gaps flop

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Schwerk

I guess releasing EP's is a solution? Or single tracks that make up an era but not necessarily an album in the traditional sense? 

0r if you are already rich and successful, just accept a lower income and keep doing what you love.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Omar Vela

excuse me no, there's music that can be released like every month or so because it's the audio equivalent to a mcdonalds burger (most trap artists, reggaeton, very plastic pop, house music with same basic beat, etc) but there's other kind of music that needs heart and time to be constructed and released. So he better shut up because he is a business man not and artist, both jobs are difficult in their way.

He would rant if someone tell him something like "you should release a new company every month or you will struggle"

Justin Drew Bieber

I wish Gaga would release standalone singles every 6 months or so

1 hour ago, RenegAde said:

:neyde: find it wierd when execs talk about things like this . Like for crying out loud these are things only stans should care about 

It's a business that's ever-changing, and in these modern streaming times he's honestly telling the truth -- with no mass concerts happening for the next 1-2 years, his thoughts especially apply. Artists will rely on more and more on streaming profits over the next couple years and forseeable future 

Jose P
1 hour ago, holy scheisse said:

Take notes Lorde :jase: I need that album 3 STAT

Except Lorde releases masterpieces, and masterpieces take a long time to do :haroon:

Taylucifer

he might as well have just said @lorde and @adele:laughga:

1989 (TV) is out NOW

Hebi

Real artists don't want messy careers, they take all the time they need in order to release a descent album, the streams comes after.

Leoj305

Well In Gaga’s defense 

Art pop 2013

cheek 2 cheek 2014

joanne 2016

a Star is born 2018

chromatica 2020

she’s technically releasing every couple years. 

latina twilight

So, they want artist to release fast selling albums/EPs/singles every couple of months. And what about full conceptualized, well executed, works of art? FORGET ABOUT THAT!

Then we can complain about music being lackluster nowadays.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

boyerased

Funny, how the industry works now is somehow similar to the 60s/70s. Less emphasis with the album and more about continuous hit songs. The Beatles and David Bowie used to release an album almost per year, with quality.

His statements reflect how consumers consume music. An album era barely lasts a year now. Even Taylor Swift succeeded Lover quickly. In the rap world it’s getting more common and I won’t be shocked if it reaches to pop girls soon, I mean it’s starting. 

Archived