Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Spotify CEO: 3-4 year album gaps flop

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

BUtterfield 8

spotify-ceo-daniel-ek-addresses-controve

"It’s quite interesting that while the overall pie is growing, and more and more people can partake in that pie, we tend to focus on a very limited set of artists," Ek said. "Even today on our marketplace, there’s literally millions and millions of artists. What tends to be reported are the people that are unhappy."

He continued: "... In the entire existence [of Spotify] I don’t think I’ve ever seen a single artist [publicly say] 'I’m happy with all the money I’m getting from streaming' ... In private, they have done that many times, but in public they have no incentive to do it. But unequivocally, from the data, there are more and more artists that are able to live off streaming income in itself."

"... You can’t record music once every three to four years and think that’s going to be enough," Ek said. "The artists today that are making it realise that it’s about creating a continuous engagement with their fans. It is about putting the work in, about the storytelling around the album, and about keeping a continuous dialogue with your fans."

https://www.complex.com/music/2020/07/spotify-ceo-daniel-ek-addresses-controversy-around-streaming-royalty-rate?utm_campaign=complexmag&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VasilisVas

Inb4 “Gaga, Bobby, and Interscope need to take notes.” Waiting for all the replies from the little managers. :oops:

alsemanche

Just say you want artists to release more often so that people stream more often and you make more money and GO

Soft, soothing, and succulent

NFRatwell
Just now, holy scheisse said:

Take notes Lorde :jase: I need that album 3 STAT

Don’t be ****ing rude she’s making a new concept album based around Antarctica :tony: iconic things

1 minute ago, VasilisVas said:

Inb4 “Gaga, Bobby, and Interscope need to take notes.” Waiting for all the replies from the little managers. :oops:

Truth Reaction GIF by moodman

BABYL0N

Really hoping Gaga will release a Chromatica Re-Release and a song for promoting a Gucci film soundtrack before LG7, she needs to keep her slowly but steadily increasing streaming power

edengowon
2 minutes ago, Doot said:

"will struggle"

As in charts? What about all of those artists who don't care?

i think he means they'll struggle to make a decent profit off of streaming

the artist formerly known as melancholia

holy scheisse
2 minutes ago, NFRockwell said:

Don’t be ****ing rude she’s making a new concept album based around Antarctica :tony: iconic things

Really???  

Reginald

:music: Carly gave us four great albums in the last five years. 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

RenegAde

:neyde: find it wierd when execs talk about things like this . Like for crying out loud these are things only stans should care about 

Archived