šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Spotify CEO: 3-4 year album gaps flop

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Seryabkina
9 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Does artistic process mean anything to you...?

tumblr_oi2mteIMGv1r845uoo1_250.gif

but does it really take 3-4 years to create a 10-15 songs album tho? :rip:Ā  maybe people who write and produce their own music, it's understandable

but when there are artists who have writing camps, what's the excuse for long ass waits in that case? :toofunny:Ā 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GreenDiamond

agree with him espacially last partĀ 

,,The artists today that are making it realise that itā€™s about creating a continuous engagement with their fans. It is about putting the work in, about the storytelling around the album, and about keeping a continuous dialogue with your fans.",

Ā 

its what gaga was doing before ahead of her time ofc

8 hours ago, Gangie said:

I think he was talking about Katy Perry...Ā 

She putted a lot of standalone singles recently and no one of them really sticks with GP.:toofunny:

FentyGa
3 hours ago, Vampyr said:

but does it really take 3-4 years to create a 10-15 songs album tho? :rip:Ā  maybe people who write and produce their own music, it's understandable

but when there are artists who have writing camps, what's the excuse for long ass waits in that case? :toofunny:Ā 

1.it can be hard to find inspiration

2.people write more than 10-15 songs for each album. it can be anywhere from 30 to 300, really, and then itā€™s down to pick the best songs for the album

3.the artist may attempt something (a sound, a concept, a collaborator) that doesnā€™t work out, and then have to start over

3.5.they may just not be satisfied with their work and want to start over

4.artists whoā€™ve already made millions off of their music may want to, yā€™know, take a break. to spend time with friends, family. to relax. to live their lives. itā€™s not fair that most people have to work to make a living, but they donā€™t. so why wouldnā€™t they take breaks?

elijahfan
3 hours ago, Vampyr said:

We're talking about human beings, not ****ing machines.

Also, this:

10 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

2.people write more than 10-15 songs for each album. it can be anywhere from 30 to 300, really, and then itā€™s down to pick the best songs for the album

3.the artist may attempt something (a sound, a concept, a collaborator) that doesnā€™t work out, and then have to start over

4.artists whoā€™ve already made millions off of their music may want to, yā€™know, take a break. to spend time with friends, family. to relax. to live their lives. itā€™s not fair that most people have to work to make a living, but they donā€™t. so why wouldnā€™t they take breaks?

Ā 

killerstiletto
19 hours ago, NFRockwell said:

Itā€™s a good thing Gaga has her heart set out on other things

Ā 

I will never look at this photo the same way every again ...Ā 

Dance!

Seryabkina
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

We're talking about human beings, not ****ing machines.

Also, this:

Ā 

music labels are a business tho which haveĀ producers, writers, anyone else besides the artists in their teams that work need money too though since we are talking about human beingsĀ 

1 hour ago, FentyGa said:

it's not like someone keeps them locked up in a basement to write songs

and like I said above, there are other people in the artist's team that needs money as well to survive and feed their families so they need to earn something from their work as well + even if they were to write 300 songs, like I said, some artists have writing camps from where they pick up songs since labels are funding and give resources to their artists to create something to sell

elijahfan
30 minutes ago, Vampyr said:

music labels are a business tho which haveĀ producers, writers, anyone else besides the artists in their teams that work need money too though since we are talking about human beings

Oh right, poor label execs, I'm sure they're starving.

Sad Baby GIF by Bounce

Suspiria
9 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Sad Baby GIF by Bounce

He didn't mention label execs, he mentioned producers, writers and other team members. Many of whom do struggle financially:poot:

Seryabkina
13 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Sad Baby GIF by Bounce

hurr durr, try to learn how to read properly next time

44 minutes ago, Vampyr said:

music labels are a business tho which haveĀ producers, writers, anyone else besides the artists in their teams that work need money too though since we are talking about human beingsĀ 

200.gif

CHROMATICON

Some people here act like making music is an easy thing to do and I even said Gaga should make albums faster but then, as an artist myself, I came to the conclusion that no matter how many people you have working with you on a musical project, if it doesn't sit right with your vision then what's the point of making music? Are you an artist or you just want the money and the fame? Making an album can be a long ass tiring process, it all starts with choosing what you wanna write about and try the hardest to stick to that cuz everyday we experience new things and we might wanna write about something else and scrap the full on conceptualized idea because it just doesn't feel right to write, produced and record something you don't feel a connection with anymore. To all that process you have to add the pressure (if you're famous and known worldwide) to make a body of work that is 100% you but also not so much so people can relate to and but your **** cuz at the end music is a business too. Sometimes it gets really easy to write about a certain thing and inspiration comes from everywhere and you find yourself really confident and happy cuz you found your thing but then you wake up the other day and realize you wanna sing about something else or you wanna change the sound of your project.Ā 

Thing is, music is not easy to do, it takes a lot of effort, sleepless nights writing, learning to produce (in my case), improving your vocals, finding a distinctive sound for an specific project, etc. We should not judge an artist for how long they take doing their thing, at the end you have millions of other people sharing their art to the world and you can listen to all of them while waiting for your fav.Ā 

elijahfan
6 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

He didn't mention label execs, he mentioned producers, writers and other team members. Many of whom do struggle financially:poot:

Ā 

11 minutes ago, Vampyr said:

hurr durr, try to learn how to read properly next time

Please, show me anyone working for a big music label that is struggling financially. Please do.Ā :ladyhaha:Ā You guys are basically talking about people with 4-figure salaries. I'm literally not gonna cry for those people, artists may release whenever the **** they want in respect toĀ the contract they negotiated. Labels represent tons of artist, don't act like they're miserable people, because they're not.

Agunimon
7 hours ago, Vampyr said:

but does it really take 3-4 years to create a 10-15 songs album tho?

This is way more prominent with popular artists than it is anyone else. For anyone who dives into genres other than pop and traditionalĀ rock, artists are constantly releasing things they do - particularly in hip hop / rap and electronic music. I don't understand the "quality" argument, especially in these other genres where for most hiphopheads in particular, mixtapes are superior to released albums. If the song is not of high quality, don't release it as a filler track for your album. Simple.

Archived