celeb

Ellen wants to end show

Spock

Featured Posts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stef

Knowing our luck Gaga was probably planning on her first televised interview on Ellen, another cancellation :vegas: 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Wolf Boy

Whether the allegations are true or whatever, she’s had a good run on tv so ending it now career wise is fine.

Drew Barrymore is about to launch her own talk show so the slot will be filled now anway.

2 hours ago, Doot said:

This is a thing, and not trying to shade Kelly because I really like her, but does anyone actually watch this show?

Has it come remotely close to being relevant? Curious as to where it presently stands. 

it actually was doing pretty well before the pandemic. debuted with the best numbers for a daytime talk show in almost a decade and has stayed pretty consistent (https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/kelly-clarkson-talk-show-ratings-1203417288/).

It's also already won 3 Emmys and is only 10 months old.

also, like, if you consider people who you'd think would be good at talk shows, like Kris Jenner, George Lopez, Jeff Probst, Anderson Cooper, Katie Couric, Magic Johnson, Queen Latifah, Tyra Banks, Roseanne, Wanda Sykes, and Bonnie Hunt, among others, all had their shows cancelled within 1-3 seasons, Kelly's off to a really good start.

tbh, after i'd seen a few vids of Kelly, I thought, "She'll for sure be the next Ellen" and i definitely think that's what's gonna happen. Ellen's already been rumored to want to end her show for years now, I totally think Kelly has the chops to assume the "prominent daytime talk show host" that Oprah/Ellen have had. (with a few more seasons of growth, of course, but the talent is there)

Chris Thomason

So lets say she was the one who made it hell for the employees working on the show. Now they've called her out she's trying to cancel her own show and leave them unemployed? I mean she could just ensure the workplace environment changes to the way she says it was supposed to be....

blackpink
7 hours ago, Yuuri said:

We stan the true queenMV5BYTdmZDA0YTItMWUxMC00NTJmLWFkZmQtNGM2

The way the old supreme has FALLEN and kelly has RISEN :giveup:

gumzy3000

The Ellen show did have some great moments but I think it's time it ended. Its too bad... Elle's ego got the best of her. It's not just about her bad behaviour but the fact that so many employees spoke out about the disgusting work environment is truly frightening. And I am 100% sure she saw some of the sexual assaults/harassments happen but she did not speak up to protect her powerful colleagues who she was probably very close with. 

trolly troll troll

alsemanche

Good. That show is cringey as f*ck. 

But I hope this isn't used as a way to escape responsibility. Cancel the show, forget about everything that happened, burry it away. They need to go all the way with the investigations and hold everyone guilty accountable for their actions, including Ellen. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

22 hours ago, jimmytimestep said:

I've never seen the Mariah/Ellen clip before today and I must say I am absolutely shook at the intensity of her bullying. 

Good for Dakota having the strength to be able to stand up for herself.

I don't hate Ellen, I've heard far worse firsthand accounts of other "nice guy/girl" celebs...and the industry is often hard and exhausting and mean and not everyone has the stomach...but if Ellen is as mean to her staff as she was to Mariah in that single clip, it truly is the *definition* of a toxic environment.

For anyone who didnt watch it

spicedchy

Ellen doesn’t deserve a show but I hope the network can reassign her employees to other programming.

Archived