💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Barbie: I feel angry - thoughts as she reflects world issues

SissyFromSpace

Featured Posts

bluemonkey

It’s very weird...it’s like she’s a real person but at the same time you know she’s fake. Like Barbie you’re not real, how can you have feelings? But at the same time I believe you!:saladga:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, lestyoufall said:

Yes because the numerous studies showing how harmful helicopter parenting/sheltering children from the truth is don’t exist, right?

You do what you want if you ever have kids, but I don't think telling an 8 year old boy/girl that terrorists exist, that you could get kidnapped by child traffickers, that pedophiles exist on the internet and outside, that people murder each other for money or revenge or whatever else reason. That we have wars, people die on the streets by being homeless and alone and no one cares they have no family that loves them and that there are trans people who die and get murdered, there are gay people who are not accepted by their families, that you can have a very severe mental illness it happens, that there are people who die in plane crashes, or train crashes, that one day you'll have to find a 9 to 5 job and right now people are struggling to find one, some struggle to find food, and the list goes on and on. Imagine doing this to a 6 year old or 7 year old. All this information about all the darkness of this world to one kid who just started out life, they havent experienced much they don't know much about real life yet because they have this joy, innocence and curiosity that you will ruin by telling them already. Listen, with time kids find that out, but it's not right to let them know so early. It causes damage, it's like telling a kid about sex or a 5 year old about periods. It's good to inform them, the goal is not to shelter them from reality but I dont agree that a very young kid should be told everything about the darkness. 

And by the way for those who say it's important for mental health. Of course, talking about feelings and such is good, Id do that if I have a kid. Of course if I notice something is not right Id ask them about their feelings and to not be scared of sharing it, to see a therapist etc But if everything's fine so far and ur kid loves playing with dolls outside, smiling and laughing are u seriously gonna bring ur kid and be like "hey, stop whatever ur doing, look at this huge explosion in Beirut u need to understand what happened, this couldve been a terrorist attack we dont know many people died look at the bloody faces of people as they cry and 3000 injured!" 

No. Dont do that.

5 hours ago, littlepotter said:

That is very wrong, kids are not stupid and they KNOW what is going on, they see and hear, and they need to express these emotions, talk about them and let them out. Lying to them only makes them feel disjointed from the world and not able to comprehend what is real and what isn't.

As a kid, have u been told about world news? Every single one of them? Have people talked to u about mental health etc when u have none? If a kid has no issue why are u gonna bring everything up, let them figure out and with time as a pre-teen you can talk more about it. Theres a reason why in middle school teachers start to talk about mental health, how ur body works etc, Ive had that as a 12 year old, how my body works, how my brain works, who to see if u have issues etc 

Lets agree to disagree. But I remember my childhood being very happy and the reason is being able to live my life as a kid, with joy, innocence and yes ignorance is part of childhood, why wanna ruin that?

6 hours ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

For other kids though, the darkness of the world has to be thrust onto them. Especially young black males.

I dont know about african americans but I know it must be very different and that sucks! Because as kids they deserve the same childhood as any other kids who are treated fairly in this world. I see people not agreeing that the darkness of the world has to be thrust onto every single kid which is insane to me. Mental health is important but a kid has to be ignorant about certain parts of the world! Thats what childhood is about, childhood is about learning language, mathematics etc playing, communicating, and having fun. It's not about right away being informed about politics, economics, social issues, world issues. You cant ask a kid to know what racism is right away, leave them alone with ur bullshit. But ofc african americans must be different I dont know, im not american i dont know how it happens there  

Aphrodizy26
4 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

I dont know about african americans but I know it must be very different and that sucks! Because as kids they deserve the same childhood as any other kids who are treated fairly in this world. I see people not agreeing that the darkness of the world has to be thrust onto every single kid which is insane to me. Mental health is important but a kid has to be ignorant about certain parts of the world! Thats what childhood is about, childhood is about learning language, mathematics etc playing, communicating, and having fun. It's not about right away being informed about politics, economics, social issues, world issues. You cant ask a kid to know what racism is right away, leave them alone with ur bullshit. But ofc african americans must be different I dont know, im not american i dont know how it happens there  

which is precisely why if you aren’t educated on something, then it’s maybe not always our place to speak on it until you understand. Ignorance is bliss.

littlepotter
5 hours ago, KanyeWest said:

As a kid, have u been told about world news? Every single one of them? Have people talked to u about mental health etc when u have none? If a kid has no issue why are u gonna bring everything up, let them figure out and with time as a pre-teen you can talk more about it. Theres a reason why in middle school teachers start to talk about mental health, how ur body works etc, Ive had that as a 12 year old, how my body works, how my brain works, who to see if u have issues etc 

Lets agree to disagree. But I remember my childhood being very happy and the reason is being able to live my life as a kid, with joy, innocence and yes ignorance is part of childhood, why wanna ruin that?

You're asking the wrong person, there was war when i grew up. Anyway, that was not a personal opinion but the stance of psychologists. Also, of course you don't tell kids there are terrorists and pedophiles coming to rape them, you just teach them a simplified version of the truth.

chaeri pls

Archived