Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is folklore helping anybody therapeutically?

holy scheisse

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blankpaper

I don’t find it therapeutic personally but it definitely brings on the feels and stirs up old stuff I’ve tried to bury. “They told me all of my cages were mental/so I got wasted like all my potential” and “so ahead of the curve, the curve became a sphere/fell behind all my classmates and I ended up here” wrecked me, as a ~former gifted kid~ who has since amounted to nothing :bradley:

28 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

I thought I was over my last relationship but somehow it managed to open that up and that's all I thought about when I listened to the record the first few times.

This happened to me with a few of the songs too. We broke up 5 years ago and every once in awhile it hits me I’m still kind of stuck on him and I hate it

reality’s tight if the music is right

EuphoricVibez

This has literally the same therapeutic effects on me as Chromatica had. I didn't realize I needed this type of album :fatcat:

He/him/his

2School4Cool

I’m so glad it’s helped you! That’s the power of music, it can connect us and help us feel less alone in our emotions. For me, sonically, thematically, aesthetically, etc. it’s an album I never knew I wanted or needed. I’ve hardly listened to anything else since it came out. It’s an absolute masterpiece.

See The Best In Everyone

I listen to it when I go to the bathroom to relax my bowels :mark:

Red Velvet

Gurl, exile, hoax, betty and epiphany = queens of making me cry.

The last time I ever cried much on an album was Red.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

ItWasntLaauv

It’s a really great album, I went through a breakup a couple months ago in May. This Is Me Trying has really been speaking to me lately and making me really emotional. Helped get me off my ass to do something productive with my time as well.

holy scheisse
6 minutes ago, EuphoricVibez said:

This has literally the same therapeutic effects on me as Chromatica had. I didn't realize I needed this type of album :fatcat:

Omg same, which is crazy bc they're completely different. Me too bb me too:fatcat:

holy scheisse
3 minutes ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

It’s a really great album, I went through a breakup a couple months ago in May. This Is Me Trying has really been speaking to me lately and making me really emotional. Helped get me off my ass to do something productive with my time as well.

"I have a lot of regrets about that...." that line alone gets me everytime. That song is such poetry. I'm glad it's moving you for the better :heart:

ItWasntLaauv
1 minute ago, holy scheisse said:

"I have a lot of regrets about that...." that line alone gets me everytime. That song is such poetry. I'm glad it's moving you for the better :heart:

I’m glad too, thank you for this beautiful thread. :heart::hug:

robbiemalik

Yes! This is the album that I needed to process short lived experience with guys who can’t stay. August hit me hard and Seven. Folklore is very therapeutic imo and I’m still having trouble which song is my favorite. :giveup:

Original Diva

I still haven't listened in full... 

I get bored halfway through and give up. 

excuse me no

holy scheisse
21 minutes ago, ItWasntLaauv said:

I’m glad too, thank you for this beautiful thread. :heart::hug:

Thanks for coming by :hug:

Archived