💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Alanis Morissette - Such Pretty Forks In the Road (OUT NOW)

Davian

Featured Posts

Davian
23 hours ago, Just A Holy Fool said:

Ablaze on iTunes:

y4p5xaIgNvbkaE8hEJSCpHU6dFgxaobSSqh1Pmwd

More stable than I thought it would be!:vegas:

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Davian

Alanis released a new homemade MV for Ablaze! It’s so cute:heart::bradley: I know they couldn’t do a video with a big production because of COVID-19, but the homemade video style fits this song perfectly!

Davian

I didn’t expect much but Top 15 or Top 10 would’ve been nice:selena:

imnotyourbabe10

Sorry to bump the thread but how is this record "settling in" for everyone?  I feel like my opinion on it has evolved and I'm so grateful to Alanis for the existential album I needed this year!  (Agreed it deserved Top 10.  What gives!?)

Top songs have changed!

1) Losing The Plot: the buildup, the last minute of the song, her description of it from the Apple review section on iTunes (losing the enchantment of being in a city...story of my life and multiple moves).  Can't stop listening to this one.
2) Ablaze: oh the existential humanity of it all...so hard not to cry.
3) Smiling: Perfect album opener.
4) Sandbox Love: It really grew on me -- thought it was just kind of fluffy but now replaying it a lot!
5) Reasons I Drink: Well, it started the era.  Gotta love it.  Also, uplifting and great commentary.

Have made peace that this isn't the 00's Alanis (such as Under Rug Swept or SCC or FOE and HABL).  Again, grateful for this album.  Thank you, Alanis!

Patiently waiting for new Jewel and Sarah McLachlan -- in the last two years of new Sheryl Crow, Alanis, HAIM, Dido, Fiona Apple...imho, it really is a female singer/songwriter renaissance even though the charts don't say so.

Davian
On 8/18/2020 at 2:21 AM, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Sorry to bump the thread but how is this record "settling in" for everyone?  I feel like my opinion on it has evolved and I'm so grateful to Alanis for the existential album I needed this year!  (Agreed it deserved Top 10.  What gives!?)

Top songs have changed!

1) Losing The Plot: the buildup, the last minute of the song, her description of it from the Apple review section on iTunes (losing the enchantment of being in a city...story of my life and multiple moves).  Can't stop listening to this one.
2) Ablaze: oh the existential humanity of it all...so hard not to cry.
3) Smiling: Perfect album opener.
4) Sandbox Love: It really grew on me -- thought it was just kind of fluffy but now replaying it a lot!
5) Reasons I Drink: Well, it started the era.  Gotta love it.  Also, uplifting and great commentary.

Have made peace that this isn't the 00's Alanis (such as Under Rug Swept or SCC or FOE and HABL).  Again, grateful for this album.  Thank you, Alanis!

So glad you're enjoying the album as much as you do!! Same here! I've been replaying it almost every day and bought a physical copy... Definitely my second favourite album of the year, with Fetch The Bolt Cutters still at #1.

It's hard to rank the songs but I'll try!

1. Ablaze: magical song. It's so cute and you can just feel the love for her kids in everything she sings:heart: I have this one stuck in my head all the time.

2. Diagnosis: gets me emotional every single time. It's that simple.

3. Smiling: this was a standout from the moment she released it as single and I haven't stopped loving it ever since! The lyrics hit hard ugh.

4: Reasons I Drink: a modern classic!

5: Losing the Plot / Reckoning / Nemesis / Her: this is kind of cheating but I can decide which of these I love more... All such great songs that deserve a shoutout!

On 8/18/2020 at 2:21 AM, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Patiently waiting for new Jewel and Sarah McLachlan -- in the last two years of new Sheryl Crow, Alanis, HAIM, Dido, Fiona Apple...imho, it really is a female singer/songwriter renaissance even though the charts don't say so.

Currently going through Dido's discography for the first time and really enjoying it! Also added Jewel, Sarah McLachlan and Sheryl Crow on my list since you're serving so much taste with the others that I trust you:legend: I'm patiently waiting for a new Tori Amos album!

Davian

You guys expressed your love for Alanis and excited for the new record in some of my previous threads, so I was wondering if y'all were enjoying the album too!:flutter: I've been playing it a lot and loving it!!

@LaLuna @McYves @unchaudbaise @ItsCaseyPaul @PrinceOfTheStorm @Michelle @Xaylan @FaeMonster @Mavis Gary @hpmcmill @gabrielflorin01 @the Devil of Pop @liquidsunshine @Thomas P @Retro @GypsyBabe

unchaudbaise

Yeah, I'm still totally loving the album! I've really grown to fully appreciate it! I waited until my vinyl copy arrived before listening to the full record, and I feel like it is all very cohesive and a great collection! I remember reading before the record came out that it was going to be a completely piano driven album, which I felt like all the prerelease songs hinted toward, so I was pleasantly surprised when there were some more upbeat songs! My favorites change a lot, but right now I'm really digging Missing the Miracle! 

ItsCaseyPaul
5 hours ago, Davian said:

You guys expressed your love for Alanis and excited for the new record in some of my previous threads, so I was wondering if y'all were enjoying the album too!:flutter: I've been playing it a lot and loving it!!

@LaLuna @McYves @unchaudbaise @ItsCaseyPaul @PrinceOfTheStorm @Michelle @Xaylan @FaeMonster @Mavis Gary @hpmcmill @gabrielflorin01 @the Devil of Pop @liquidsunshine @Thomas P @Retro @GypsyBabe

It is extremely close to beating Chromatica for Album of the Year for me (I know :udidnt:). 

At first I didn't really like Sandbox Love, but it's grown on me. Now there isn't a skippable song on the album.

The masterpieces (for me) are Diagnosis and Smiling. They resonate a lot with me and will probably remain a top 5 Alanis song for a very very long time. Reasons I Drink and Reckoning are also in my top 10 songs.

Its such a great album 

:giveup:

PrinceOfTheStorm

Smiling is still the best song on the album.

I’ve grown to love Her and Pedestal too!

this is in my top 10 albums for this year:rockstar:

signing out

Pennywise

Reasons I Drink is good but there is something with the vocals that I don't like? I'm not sure what it is though. Haven't listened to the rest yet :vegas:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Davian
10 hours ago, unchaudbaise said:

Yeah, I'm still totally loving the album! I've really grown to fully appreciate it! I waited until my vinyl copy arrived before listening to the full record, and I feel like it is all very cohesive and a great collection! I remember reading before the record came out that it was going to be a completely piano driven album, which I felt like all the prerelease songs hinted toward, so I was pleasantly surprised when there were some more upbeat songs! My favorites change a lot, but right now I'm really digging Missing the Miracle! 

Yeah! Glad you're loving the album too!:tony:  I totally agree with you. While I would be here for a completely piano driven album, I love what she did with this one. It's so cohesive but she still managed to switch up the sound. I'd never expected songs like Nemesis but I was blown away!:giveup:

Davian
7 hours ago, ItsCaseyPaul said:

It is extremely close to beating Chromatica for Album of the Year for me (I know :udidnt:). 

It already surpassed Chromatica for me so don't feel bad:ally: 

7 hours ago, ItsCaseyPaul said:

At first I didn't really like Sandbox Love, but it's grown on me. Now there isn't a skippable song on the album.

The masterpieces (for me) are Diagnosis and Smiling. They resonate a lot with me and will probably remain a top 5 Alanis song for a very very long time. Reasons I Drink and Reckoning are also in my top 10 songs.

Its such a great album 

:giveup:

I feel you. Sandbox Love is my least favorite, but it also grew a lot on me! It gets stuck in my head all the time and brings a lighter tone to the album that I appreciate. Diagnosis and Smiling are both Top 3 for me so yaass:legend:

Davian
2 hours ago, Faysalaaa said:

This is actually my favorite album by her, its sad critics are criticizing her for not being "edgy" like she used to.

Ikr? So unfair. They are stuck in the Jagged Little Pill era and criticise every song/album that doesn't sound like it. I love that she switched up her sound. She matured a lot and this fits her perfectly!:flutter: I'm glad the fans/casual listeners are loving the album.

Archived