Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Alanis Morissette - Such Pretty Forks In the Road (OUT NOW)

Davian

Featured Posts

Enigma

Isn’t that her first album cover that isn’t literal dog **** lol

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryusei
2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

havoc and bright lights is also alright imo but other than that yes :billie: 

Musery

Davian

Just finished the last track, which was a beautiful closer, and this album is sooo good:bradley: Literally top 5 (if not top 3) albums of the year and one of her best too:bradley: She did what she had to do yup!

What you want Lady Gaga🥂 What you want with Christina🥂

Davian
3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Just now, Ryusei said:

havoc and bright lights is also alright imo but other than that yes :billie: 

I personally love the colour use on Jagged Little Pill too, but that's about it for her album covers:billie:

She actually inspired this thread a few months ago:billie:

KooKoo
45 minutes ago, Davian said:

Just finished the last track, which was a beautiful closer, and this album is sooo good:bradley: Literally top 5 (if not top 3) albums of the year and one of her best too:bradley: She did what she had to do yup!

Interested to what your ranking is...

Dreaming is free

imnotyourbabe10

Holy scheiße!  Did not expect to love it as much as I did given my preference for Under Rug Swept sounds.  What a stunning album -- lyrically and thematically.  Some favorites include:

- Smiling (also, has anyone heard the F9 remix to this?  Kind of weird to have a remix given the lyrics but it's really good!)
- Reasons I Drink
- Ablaze -- Wow!  What a beautiful track about unconditional love and support (regardless if you have kids or not).  I already have cried twice to this one :bradley:  May be my favorite on the album.
- Losing the Plot -- So glad she shared what this one is about (leaving Hollywood and 20 years of living behind).  Totally relate to that idea of losing your existence and heading into something new.
- Sandbox Love -- Definitely the lightest song on the record.  It's nice.  Plus her excessive swearing is relatable, given the topic.
- Nemesis -- Really like the track and its progression.  Has the guitar sounds I was looking for.

This has got to be up there with Fetch the Bolt Cutters this year.  I hope she gets the recognition she deserves for it!  And please, Alanis, take your time but please don't take such a long break next time! :diane:?

EDIT: On the topic of her album covers.  Yeah -- not always the best.  HABL is my favorite if I had to choose.

dynamite

The album is really nice, I need to listen several times before I get to know each song but my favourite is still Reasons I Drink I guess.

Thomas P

I think this is her best album since Supposed Former Infatuation Junky :bradley:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Davian
17 hours ago, KooKoo said:

Interested to what your ranking is...

Oof that’s gonna be hard:ohno: I think it goes like this, but I’m not 100% sure:

1. Jagged Little Pill

2. Such Pretty Forks In the Road

3. So-Called Chaos

4. Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie

5. Flavors of Entanglement

6. havoc and bright lights 

7. Under Rug Swept 

Disclaimer: I love them all:diane:

Davian
10 hours ago, PrinceOfTheStorm said:

This album is so good omg :giveup:

3 hours ago, Thomas P said:

I think this is her best album since Supposed Former Infatuation Junky :bradley:

IKR:bradley: What were some of your favorites?:)

Davian
6 hours ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

Holy scheiße!  Did not expect to love it as much as I did given my preference for Under Rug Swept sounds.  What a stunning album -- lyrically and thematically.  Some favorites include:

- Smiling (also, has anyone heard the F9 remix to this?  Kind of weird to have a remix given the lyrics but it's really good!)
- Reasons I Drink
- Ablaze -- Wow!  What a beautiful track about unconditional love and support (regardless if you have kids or not).  I already have cried twice to this one :bradley:  May be my favorite on the album.
- Losing the Plot -- So glad she shared what this one is about (leaving Hollywood and 20 years of living behind).  Totally relate to that idea of losing your existence and heading into something new.
- Sandbox Love -- Definitely the lightest song on the record.  It's nice.  Plus her excessive swearing is relatable, given the topic.
- Nemesis -- Really like the track and its progression.  Has the guitar sounds I was looking for.

This has got to be up there with Fetch the Bolt Cutters this year.  I hope she gets the recognition she deserves for it!  And please, Alanis, take your time but please don't take such a long break next time! :diane:?

EDIT: On the topic of her album covers.  Yeah -- not always the best.  HABL is my favorite if I had to choose.

Loved reading all of this and couldn’t agree more!:bradley: You made it even better by naming Fetch The Bolt Cutters, which is my Album Of The Year! Taste!:tony:

PrinceOfTheStorm
1 minute ago, Davian said:

IKR:bradley: What were some of your favorites?:)

Smiling grew on me while I still love RID and Diagnosis, Her being a new favorite of mine as well

signing out

Davian

Her best critically received album in a while:diane: Still deserves better but it’s better than the score other albums got!

EBC1-F33-B-0-C8-F-43-AD-ABCB-027-E1-E69-

Archived