💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What artists has Gaga influenced/inspired?

paradox

Featured Posts

Curunir
Just now, Reginald said:

:ladyhaha: and thank god she had that influence. Those of us who are too young to remember might be shocked to realize how boring and drab pop music was before Gaga blew up.

She literally made the entire industry step up their game. 

And she's kinda still doing it too :firega:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dominic
3 minutes ago, Reginald said:

:ladyhaha: and thank god she had that influence. Those of us who are too young to remember might be shocked to realize how boring and drab pop music was before Gaga blew up.

She literally made the entire industry step up their game. 

No it wasn't lmao. Pop music was always great, especially the 90s/early 00s. Gaga changed the game for the music video and the fashion. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Curunir
2 minutes ago, Dominic said:

No it wasn't lmao. Pop music was always great, especially the 90s/early 00s. Gaga changed the game for the music video and the fashion. 

If you think Gaga didn't change the game purely music-wise then you're flat out wrong :billie:

Completely agree on the music videos and fashion tho :flower:

Massive Monster

Madonna :flop:

Truly a reverse Gagaian expedition :tony:

Kind regards

Dominic
3 minutes ago, Curunir said:

If you think Gaga didn't change the game purely music-wise then you're flat out wrong :billie:

Completely agree on the music videos and fashion tho :flower:

I dont think that :billie: 

I'm talking about pop being "drab" and "boring" beforehand which just isn't true. 

Curunir
8 minutes ago, Dominic said:

Oh, you don't think she reintroduced electronic dance pop into the spotlight for at least a good 5 years starting in 2008/2009? :spin:

There's literally other huge artists that have acknowledged her impact in that way. She also managed to achieve the same with Joanne, although on a smaller scale, where a lot of artists started implementing country elements in their music or just made it more stripped-back. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Chromatica has the same effect in the future :firega:

Curunir
5 minutes ago, Dominic said:

I'm talking about pop being "drab" and "boring" beforehand which just isn't true. 

Oh ok, that I can agree with. She definitely shook up pop in a massive way though, and that was most welcome :staymad:

Reginald
12 minutes ago, Dominic said:

I strongly disagree about early 2000s pop lol to each their own, however :vegas:

Dominic

Just now, Reginald said:

I strongly disagree about early 2000s pop lol to each their own, however :vegas:

Okay, maybe the early early 00s I agree haha however let's not forget the likes of Britney who helped to maintain a standard of pop beforehand. Gaga definitely ushered in a different type of pop, mainly because the charts was full of RnB. 

Dominic
6 minutes ago, Curunir said:

Oh, you don't think she reintroduced electronic dance pop into the spotlight for at least a good 5 years starting in 2008/2009? :spin:

There's literally other huge artists that have acknowledged her impact in that way. She also managed to achieve the same with Joanne, although on a smaller scale, where a lot of artists started implementing country elements in their music. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Chromatica has the same effect in the future :firega:

I think we're talking 2 different things 😛 I agree she helped to usher in electronically dance pop but pop wasn't drab beforehand. What was drab was the fashion and music video. 

paradox

but i don't think we talk about ha here anymore :bear:
the whole album was so good tbh

weed

Literally everyone from that time except maybe Taylor Swift lmao Katy, Beyonce, Rihanna, Nicki, Miley, Jessie J, Ava Max, Natalia Kills, Sam Smith, etc etc 

Curunir
4 minutes ago, Dominic said:

I think we're talking 2 different things 😛 I agree she helped to usher in electronically dance pop but pop wasn't drab beforehand. What was drab was the fashion and music video. 

Oh yeah, this is basically fact :sweat:

Watching music videos from the 2000s almost makes me cringe at times :spin:

With some honorable exceptions of course (Britney, lookin at u queen :lolly:)

Archived