💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Ceremony। American Life । Madonna

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

MingersPrayer
14 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Honestly, Madam X and Rebel Heart are my favorites.

Confessions on a Dance Floor was very hit or miss. I like half the songs, and the other half are skips. I don't understand why it's so raved about. It's shocking to me how Madam X seems highly disliked when to me, with the ratio of songs I like to total songs on the album, it's the most consistent and has the highest percentage of tracks I enjoyed.

I have notes on every album I listened to so far. Erotica, Bedtime Stories and Hard Candy are my least favorites. Even MDNA has more tracks that I enjoyed.

Ah so interesting. I love to hear these things. My least favourite by far is MDNA. It’s basically not a Madonna record to me. 

What sort of music do you Stan most? I’m surprised as Madame x is a complex record. I love it too though. 

are you participating in all the megarates?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MingersPrayer
10 minutes ago, shoful said:

This is my #3 album! But like almost on par with the others. I think my top 5 list goes:

1. Madame X (ven conmigo bitches)

2. Erotica

3. American Life

4. Ray of Light

5. Confessions

Oh amazing. Love this mix! I think music replaces erotica for me actually. 

Anveeroy

Well I was having this conversation with @Blown Away about Madge's career; she has accomplished so much! :fatcat:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

shoful
8 minutes ago, Aarghya said:

well, well where is LAP? :dom:

Ughhh I know! LAP would be my #6. Like I enjoy these albums so much so its hard to list them and when I list them they’re like so close its not far. LAP is only that low cause I feel like it has some duds like Dear Jessie that drag it a bit

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Agunimon

This is how the albums ranked to me, statistically speaking. I divided the tracks I put under the "like" category. There were skip categories, non-skip category, and ??? category on some albums. Those weren't put into consideration. Just the ones that I knew I liked without needing to listen to the album another time.

Screen-Shot-2020-07-29-at-11-29-26-AM.pn

Albums in the last category I couldn't wait to end. It was especially torturous getting through Erotica.

@monster @Duella DeVil @Jose P

shoful
28 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Honestly, Madam X and Rebel Heart are my favorites.

Confessions on a Dance Floor was very hit or miss. I like half the songs, and the other half are skips. I don't understand why it's so raved about. It's shocking to me how Madam X seems highly disliked when to me, with the ratio of songs I like to total songs on the album, it's the most consistent and has the highest percentage of tracks I enjoyed.

I have notes on every album I listened to so far. Erotica, Bedtime Stories and Hard Candy are my least favorites. Even MDNA has more tracks that I enjoyed.

Yess! Stan Madame X. Its easily her best and most innovative work in probably 15 years. I really thought it was revolutionary and genius. The songs are catchy and captivating. I feel like on some tracks I’ve heard sounds that I’ve never heard before like that instrument on Killers during the break in the first chorus. The videos are beautiful as well. All around a great era. I hope she continues on this artistic journey. 

It’s also funny cause Rebel Heart was the first album of hers I’ve ever heard and it essentially made me the fan I am. I think it gets a lot of **** too but I love it even tho it’s slightly trend chasing

shoful
15 minutes ago, MingersPrayer said:

Oh amazing. Love this mix! I think music replaces erotica for me actually. 

I LOVE Music too! I feel like its super underrated! I feel like I really don’t dislike any of her albums besides MDNA so this ordering is really just rudimentary. Most of them just have the slightest edge on each other

While I'm listening this album I felt like a touched for the very first time. One of her best for sure.

3 minutes ago, shoful said:

Yess! Stan Madame X. Its easily her best and most innovative work in probably 15 years.

:bradley:
I stan Madame X too.

shoful
3 minutes ago, wrs said:

:bradley:
I stan Madame X too.

200.gif

shoful

@wrs @Aarghya @Agunimon @MingersPrayer @Davian

Maybe some exciting facts for you Madame X stans and why Madame X is so special to me :diane:

This was the first album that I truly got to stan for the whole album and she delivered on concept and imagery. I was lucky enough to get invited to the MTV music video premiere in NYC for Medellín. I also traveled 1.5 hours to get there and also to go to that pop up shop she had one weekend in June 2019 for the tour. And my greatest memory of the Madame X era is when she chose me to be her “beer bitch” during one of the Madame X tour shows and we spoke for 7 minutes and I spoke Portuguese to that bitch and she asked me about my sex life in front of 4000 people  :emma:

Agunimon
46 minutes ago, shoful said:

Yess! Stan Madame X. Its easily her best and most innovative work in probably 15 years. I really thought it was revolutionary and genius. The songs are catchy and captivating. I feel like on some tracks I’ve heard sounds that I’ve never heard before like that instrument on Killers during the break in the first chorus. The videos are beautiful as well. All around a great era. I hope she continues on this artistic journey. 

It’s also funny cause Rebel Heart was the first album of hers I’ve ever heard and it essentially made me the fan I am. I think it gets a lot of **** too but I love it even tho it’s slightly trend chasing

Although I enjoyed Madonna and Like a Prayer, I probably would not have stuck around to listen to the albums if I grew up listening to her. Especially since a lot of her earlier albums I find to be... not very good. True Blue I definitely didn't expect to enjoy at all, because it was sandwiched between albums I didn't like, but I liked all of the tracks.

But I 100% do not understand the people who say Madam X is a bad album. I asked for albums I should avoid and a lot of people recommended I avoid that, while they boasted Confessions. I only liked half of the tracks on Confessions. I don't understand the hype around it. Ray of Light I expected to enjoy a lot more, but it was also pretty split.

For Madam X, my top tracks were Medellín, God Control, Killers Who Are Partying, Crazy, Faz Gostoso and Looking For Mercy. The only songs I disliked were Future and I Don’t Search I Find. The rest of the songs fall somewhere in between, but I still feel they could grow on me (like Crave).

For Rebel Heart, my top tracks were Devil Pray, Ghosttown, Joan of Arc, Holy Water, Veni Vidi Vici, Messiah and Rebel Heart. Devil Pray is still my favorite Madonna track, out of all of her albums. The songs on Rebel Heart I disliked were: Unapologetic Bitch, Illuminati, Bitch I’m Madonna, HeartBreakCity, Body Shop, Inside Out, Best Night and S.E.X.

For Confessions, the songs I liked were Hung Up, Sorry, Let It Will Be, Forbidden Love, Isaac and Like It Or Not. The rest of the tracks were skips.

Her albums to me are very polarizing. I either like a song or I outright dislike it, most of the time. Which isn't good for me. I'm an album person.

@MingersPrayer

@monster @Duella DeVil @Jose P

CantGetEnough

@Aarghya American Life is my favorite Madge album. Where's the link to participate? I'll send in my votes and comments today. 

Archived