Ceremony। American Life । Madonna

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy

2. Nothing Fails - Average Score: 8.85

Highest Score: 11 @Blown Away @MingersPrayer @HausOfAntonio @HeavyMetalLover @shoful @Lucas

Lowest Score: 1 @Agunimon

american-life-23-001.jpg

COMMENTS:

@Pennywise I'm not religious but this song makes me wanna find Jesus.

@Blown Away Very laid-back and beautiful song. It doesn't try too hard to be something special and the vocals are very pleasing, soothing almost. And the choir, oh sweet lord the choir is beautiful. I'm a sucker for choirs in pop songs.

@MingersPrayer This is a Papa Dont Preach moment. Another artist writes a song, Madonna changes one word and gets a lead writing credit. HOWEVER beautiful song, deserved better chart recognition. Giving us like a prayer choir vibes. Perfectly nestled in the middle of the record.

@HausOfAntonio Discography top 5. Its transcendental. Periodt.

@SabadoDeGloria The start of my blessed album trio (Nothing Fails + Intervention + X-Static Process)...Nothing Fails really embodies what I love about this album: it is so acoustically raw, but never sacrifices Madonna's pop-edge.

@HeavyMetalLover This song destroys me. Madonna at maybe her most vulnerable ever.

@nickkoko A great ballad; deserved a music video instead of Love Profusion.

@memomemome I feel like she could pull more into like-a-prayer ballad territory and be highlight of this album, But Idk if she is kind of hold it. Idk, maybe they intentionally to make the gospel more tick?

@shoful The true gem and peak of the album. Madonna returns with soft lyrical delivery and a soaring guitar beat about forgetting everything and focus on the one you love. Returning to religious imagery Madonna states beautifully: “I’m not religious, but I feel such love. Makes me wanna pray”. This is an important message that Love is the ultimate religion! Love does not divide. Love does not discriminate. Love does not incite anger.

@Lionel Ronaldo Underrated bop. Very beautiful song

@paradox the lack of quality

@Judas Society I like it sonically. But the lyrics doesn't really go anywhere.

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Anveeroy

WINNER: 1. Hollywood - Average Score: 9.13

Highest Score: 11 @proxy @fraann

Lowest Score: 6.5 @whoresup @Lionel Ronaldo

american-life-25-001.jpg

COMMENTS:

@Pennywise Underrated as hell.

@Blown Away This is a much better song with social commentary. Here she hits the nail on the head. Furthermore the song is pleasant to listen to, the higher pitch works very well and the song is actually catchy and melodically pleasing. A shame that it flopped on the charts.

@MingersPrayer A banger. Immediately loved this as the second song I heard from the album was more hooky - more poppy. the video with its Guy Bourdain influence (she was sued) is beautiful and coming just before the Britney / Christina MTV moment - ICONIC! I do feel her voice on this album can get slightly irritating & this song has that hard metallic production that brings it out. But I still love it.

@HausOfAntonio Should’ve been a hit. I love it when they made her voice go deep.

@SabadoDeGloria I think this is a pretty solid song and single. I personally love the ode to Hollywood's dark side.

@HeavyMetalLover The video is one of her most iconic. Periodt.

@nickkoko Very bright-sounding song with a darker message. Love the contrast.

@memomemome Of course it's a follow up of American life. You'd think about Hollywood.

@joaomggd this was the first time i realised7 american life transitions into hollywood

@shoful A perfect follow up to American Life, a song that battles the conventional deal of worshiping Hollywood. Madonna speaks from experience about the corruption of Hollywood and how everything is perceived to be shiny but underneath all the glitter and glam are monotonous thoughts and songs. Radios controlled by corporations that push a similar sound. This is Madonna breaking away from the idea of commercial success being the standard.

@Lionel Ronaldo For me not the best song on the album. It’s cute

@paradox PUSH THE BOTTON, DONT PUSH THE BOTTON, my fav part (obv)

@Judas Society I kinda like this song. It's easy to listen to and chilled.

Pennywise
Just now, Aarghya said:

WINNER: 1. Hollywood - Average Score: 9.13

Highest Score: 11 @proxy @fraann

Lowest Score: 6.5 @whoresup @Lionel Ronaldo

american-life-25-001.jpg

COMMENTS:

@Pennywise Underrated as hell.

@Blown Away This is a much better song with social commentary. Here she hits the nail on the head. Furthermore the song is pleasant to listen to, the higher pitch works very well and the song is actually catchy and melodically pleasing. A shame that it flopped on the charts.

@MingersPrayer A banger. Immediately loved this as the second song I heard from the album was more hooky - more poppy. the video with its Guy Bourdain influence (she was sued) is beautiful and coming just before the Britney / Christina MTV moment - ICONIC! I do feel her voice on this album can get slightly irritating & this song has that hard metallic production that brings it out. But I still love it.

@HausOfAntonio Should’ve been a hit. I love it when they made her voice go deep.

@SabadoDeGloria I think this is a pretty solid song and single. I personally love the ode to Hollywood's dark side.

@HeavyMetalLover The video is one of her most iconic. Periodt.

@nickkoko Very bright-sounding song with a darker message. Love the contrast.

@memomemome Of course it's a follow up of American life. You'd think about Hollywood.

@joaomggd this was the first time i realised7 american life transitions into hollywood

@shoful A perfect follow up to American Life, a song that battles the conventional deal of worshiping Hollywood. Madonna speaks from experience about the corruption of Hollywood and how everything is perceived to be shiny but underneath all the glitter and glam are monotonous thoughts and songs. Radios controlled by corporations that push a similar sound. This is Madonna breaking away from the idea of commercial success being the standard.

@Lionel Ronaldo For me not the best song on the album. It’s cute

@paradox PUSH THE BOTTON, DONT PUSH THE BOTTON, my fav part (obv)

@Judas Society I kinda like this song. It's easy to listen to and chilled.

@Aarghya did I not tell you :triggered:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Bubblegum Bitch
1 minute ago, paradox said:

GOD IS REAL!

hysterical GIF

Your god is not here, Michael! :grr:

Pennywise
On 7/29/2020 at 10:52 AM, Pennywise said:

Are we surprised 

D6m82zU9WUsJUXRqQ4_cS3KtXL34Pckpr4nJ7M8R

I'm pretty sure they'll make either American Life, Hollywood or Die Another Day #1 :ohwell:

Told You So Shrug GIF

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Anveeroy

6322ce9237930542312a06732990d9d3-001.jpg

Result: 

1. Hollywood

2. Nothing Fails

3. Die Another Day

4. American Life

5. Love Profusion

6. Mother and Father

7. Easy Ride

8. X-Static Process

9. Intervention

10. Nobody Knows Me

11. I'm So Stupid

@Jose P @Pennywise @Blown Away @Agunimon @MingersPrayer @proxy @whoresup @HausOfAntonio @DavidLuis198 @Trillion Reasons @SabadoDeGloria @erotic4 @HeavyMetalLover @Cupid Boy @nickkoko @Noir @Brecht @fraann @joaomggd @GaGaLB @shoful @lasagna @Lionel Ronaldo @776673564747836765 @Lucas @Madame Goo Goo @paradox @Judas Society

Thank you so much! Next ride, MADAME X!

Bubblegum Bitch

I wanted to say that Madonna didn't even perform Hollywood live but we have this —

shoful

Let’s forget  about this rate and never look back 
:reductive:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Bubblegum Bitch
Just now, Aarghya said:

Future for top 5!!! 

shoful
1 minute ago, Aarghya said:

6322ce9237930542312a06732990d9d3-001.jpg

Result: 

1. Hollywood

2. Nothing Fails

3. Die Another Day

4. American Life

5. Love Profusion

6. Mother and Father

7. Easy Ride

8. X-Static Process

9. Intervention

10. Nobody Knows Me

11. I'm So Stupid

@Jose P @Pennywise @Blown Away @Agunimon @MingersPrayer @proxy @whoresup @HausOfAntonio @DavidLuis198 @Trillion Reasons @SabadoDeGloria @erotic4 @HeavyMetalLover @Cupid Boy @nickkoko @Noir @Brecht @fraann @joaomggd @GaGaLB @shoful @lasagna @Lionel Ronaldo @776673564747836765 @Lucas @Madame Goo Goo @paradox @Judas Society

DID YOU REALLY SPELL MAD AT THE TOP:ladyhaha:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Archived