• Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy

5. Love Profusion - Average Score: 8.34

Highest Score: 11 @joaomggd

Lowest Score: 3 @Blown Away

43241-fr32-tif-RS.jpg

COMMENTS:

@Pennywise It is a good song, but I don't like it. Why did it even have a video I have no idea.

@Blown AwayThis song is a total borefest. Production-wise it fails to entice me, it falls very flat. Madonna's vocals are good but there's nothing remarkable about them. And the lyrics are decent, but the endless repetition of 'I've got you under my skin' is very very annoying.

@MingersPrayer Beautiful song but the Estée Lauder ad that used it as a theme (as well as presumably funding the music video as it was effectively the same as the advert) was ON REPEAT for months and it spoiled the song for me. Still a 9.

@SabadoDeGloria This is such an underrated Madonna single. Lyrically beautiful, powerful pop-ballad construction...I love it.

@HeavyMetalLover I wrote out storyboards for a music video for this when I was 13 lmao.

@nickkoko It's ok... imo a poor single choice that came with a boring music video.

@Noir Weirdly reminds me of TEOG, it's so full of joy on an album that's mostly dark.

@shoful Contrasting from the beginning of the album, this calming instrumental along with thoughtful lyrics weave a very loving song about really just craving this perfect love. Essentially stating that even though that the world is a mess at least I have your love. I consider this one of the best highlights of the album. A song that I can listen to constantly and just feel warm inside.

@Lionel Ronaldo Issa bop

@paradox smoooooth i like this one

@Judas Society Kinda indifferent about this song. I do like the little arrangement towards the end.

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Bubblegum Bitch

I don't know, it feels like Love Profusion has too much production. I hope you get what I mean. But I love the music video, Madonna's dress reminds me of my mother's dress from late 90s. 

Anveeroy

4. American Life - Average Score: 8.35

Highest Score: 11 @GaGaLB

Lowest Score: 1 @Agunimon

43245-fr16-A-tif-RS2.jpg

COMMENTS:

@Pennywise The original video still stays unbothered. Like, she really was THAT birch back then.

@Blown Away Everything about it is bad, from the lyrics to the melody and the Auto-Tune used on her vocals. And then there's that rap, oh god that awful rap, what were you thinking Madonna? I mean... I'm drinking a soy latte, I get a double shot-e, it goes right through my body? I drive my Mini Cooper and I'm feeling super-duper? I'm not a Christian and I'm not a Jew? What are these lines? A first grader could write better ones.

@MingersPrayer I rememebr sitting in the car at 15, waiting for Radio 1 to play the first listen of the new madonna track. The layered vocals, the sparse production, THE RAP! I didn’t understand it and loved it in equal measure. This song is weird and I’m here for it. I recall being very disappointed with the video (flag version) as she’s such a visual artist it was lacklustre. The Craig McDean shoot was superb thought - Q magazine did a full story. The song reflects Madonna at the time perfectly. It’s not a song I would suggest to a non-Madge-Stan but I think it’s funny and st

@HausOfAntonio Me when I drink a soy latte

@SabadoDeGloria Others may find it cringe, I find it camp in the best ways. An iconic album opener and an even more iconic bridge: who could ever forget that Madge wants a double shotte in her soy latte?

@HeavyMetalLover Some of her corniest lyrics and I love it.

@nickkoko Great track, I love the production. The only part I don't love is the rap.

@Noir Incredibly overlooked. Brilliant song and brave single choice.

@memomemome From the very start it encapsulate the album is about. The fame culture, the depicted life considered "perfect", and the video, is, wow.

@shoful “This type of modern life, is it for free” Madonna echoes in the opening and title track of the album. Her first true foray into political music was met with less than stellar responses. Questioning why she was doing this and that she should stay in her lane. Madonna was never one to be the conventional type which is evident in this song with a heavy electronic beats and an aggressive rap. Leaving her usual comforting and inspirational songs from past albums; this song is harsh, abrasive and Madonna is ready for war. The perfect opener to this in-your-face and introspective album.

@Lionel Ronaldo Nice song, nice message.

@paradox one of my fav madge songs ever honestly. i tried to stay ahead, i tried to stay on top, **** it, jesus said "iconic."

@Judas Society The namesake of the album. I've never been into this song. Every time I listen to the album, I feel indifferent about it.

Anveeroy
Just now, shoful said:

This rate is uneventful :toofunny:

yeah, should i cancel all of them? :bear:

LoLaA

So Hollywood is still on? Hmmm..

Nothing faila for the win

Always be kind to others, you may need them once

LoLaA
1 hour ago, paradox said:

wait is nothing fails still in? 

tenor.png

Because issa bop

Always be kind to others, you may need them once

shoful
1 minute ago, Aarghya said:

yeah, should i cancel all of them? :bear:

PLEASE DONT:fatcat:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Anveeroy
Just now, shoful said:

PLEASE DONT:fatcat:

I won't :usrs:

paradox
1 minute ago, Lionel Ronaldo said:

Because issa bop

i feel like i'm missing something coz... to me it sucks :fatcat:

Anveeroy

3. Die Another Day - Average Score: 8.83

Highest Score: 11 @cupidboy @nickkoko @lasagna @paradox

Lowest Score: 1 @Agunimon

american-life-22-001.jpg

COMMENTS:

@Pennywise A bop, but doesn't fit the album I think.

@Blown Away I love how hyperactive and chaotic this song is. The effects on the voice work well with the song this time around. The outro of the song is my favorite part, it's perfect in my eyes.

@MingersPrayer A much despised Bond theme song that I love. The GP tends to dislike anything unusual and it takes madonna strength to not only write something as odd as D.A.D but then also put it in your contract that you need a cameo in the film. I’ve actually never seen the movie but I can just imagine her wooden performance and English twinged accent. This song is kind of genius with a line like ... Sigmund Freud, analyse this. V Madonna 2003.

@HausOfAntonio Should’ve smashed but people weren’t ready.

@SabadoDeGloria Again, some people may say this is cringe, but I say it's camp executed perfectly. Such an underrated, overly hated Bond-theme (Madonna took a risk no one else would or has...) and it is the obvious banger of the album that oddly works. Yes, I even love the call for Sigmund Freud to "analyze this..."

@HeavyMetalLover Least fav but still a bop.

@nickkoko This is the song that made me a Madonna stan when I was 6 years old lol. The remixes are also really great.

@memomemome For a James Bond soundtrack, it's pretty daring song. I'd give her that. Given the James Bond typical sound, this is quite breaking the mold.

@shoful This song is a certified experimental bop! To think that this was a James Bond song is crazy considering most are very acoustic and vocally driven. This electronica banger really shook up the trend. Fitting perfectly into this studio album Madonna and Mirwais have perfected experimental electronica. The way the violin is woven into the song is really a masterful and dramatic addition to the song that shows the urgency of the lyrics. The music video is amazing as well!

@Lionel Ronaldo Nice song, but not the best Bond theme.

@paradox again one of my fav madge songs (and video), and my fav on this album. one of the best bond songs too and thats on facts

@Judas Society This gets higher score purely because I associate this with James Bond.

Archived