Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna posts conspiracy vaccine video and Instagram flags it.

MessyTop

Featured Posts

Interesting to see what happened at the start of this thread. The OP said nothing about Madonna being ant-vaxx, and Madonna's post makes it clear that she is not ant-vaxx, but the first responder here introduced ant-vaxx into the conversation and the train was off and running. The train went on to include references to concentration camps and extermination ......

I gather that the woman whose video Madonna posted is an established nutjob (although even then I'm only saying that because I read it here) ? If so, Madonna shouldn't be promoting the video because it is probably bullshit.

Conspiracy theories have been around since long before social media existed (JFK, the moon landings and Elvis spring to mind), but there's no doubt that social media has turned them into a serious problem. I've only seen a few of the videos on youtube, but they all followed the same recipe. Take 2 ounces of indisputable fact, add  4 pounds of downright lie and half a pint of wild allegation, stir in some slick production, upload to youtube, leave to stew for a week, then you have a million views, and pizzagate or whatever is now a thing.

We gotta come down hard on social media, to the point of considering abolishing it. It has the potential to destroy us. I don't think that a man who spoke and behaved as Donald Trump does could have been elected 30 years ago, but in the age of social media it proved possible. Trump is,in himself, a big problem, but I think the bigger problem is the fact that he proved electable.

The dark side of social media is pretty dark, and it will only get worse if we do nothing. Trump could be gone in a few months, but it will tske mote than that to get the craziness back in the bottle.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Axl Jax

What qualifies as an antivaxxer? Im interested cos y'all go IN

There are one or two specific vaccines that I don't believe in (although I wouldn't promote it to millions of followers), but when I have kids I would make sure they were vaccinated, ones like the one for polio and all those ones that mostly children get, I think should be mandatory. I'm up to date with all mine except the last couple of flu vaccines, I'm just interested cos it seems you get called an anti vaxxer even if you are against just one specifc vaccine? Im scared of being dragged when the covid one comes out and i dont get it until ive seen how other people are for a year or two (i dont rly go out anyway) as i have a bad gut feeling how its being rushed. Although its rare i know someone who is permanently disabled because of the a vaccine and he got over £100,000 from the UK government so thats stayed with me since I was young

Axl Jax
6 hours ago, MOT said:

Interesting to see what happened at the start of this thread. The OP said nothing about Madonna being ant-vaxx, and Madonna's post makes it clear that she is not ant-vaxx, but the first responder here introduced ant-vaxx into the conversation and the train was off and running. The train went on to include references to concentration camps and extermination ......

I gather that the woman whose video Madonna posted is an established nutjob (although even then I'm only saying that because I read it here) ? If so, Madonna shouldn't be promoting the video because it is probably bullshit.

Conspiracy theories have been around since long before social media existed (JFK, the moon landings and Elvis spring to mind), but there's no doubt that social media has turned them into a serious problem. I've only seen a few of the videos on youtube, but they all followed the same recipe. Take 2 ounces of indisputable fact, add  4 pounds of downright lie and half a pint of wild allegation, stir in some slick production, upload to youtube, leave to stew for a week, then you have a million views, and pizzagate or whatever is now a thing.

We gotta come down hard on social media, to the point of considering abolishing it. It has the potential to destroy us. I don't think that a man who spoke and behaved as Donald Trump does could have been elected 30 years ago, but in the age of social media it proved possible. Trump is,in himself, a big problem, but I think the bigger problem is the fact that he proved electable.

The dark side of social media is pretty dark, and it will only get worse if we do nothing. Trump could be gone in a few months, but it will tske mote than that to get the craziness back in the bottle.

This is what I mean, for example I am sh*t scared of the covid vaccine and after research ive done i will not be one of the first getting it (see above) but I am up to date with all my other vaccines other than the last couple flu shots (which many don't get here anyway), but I am strongly against denying children vaccines that they need like the polio one etc. .. Anyway my point is I feel like on this site I would get labelled anti vaxxer just for that

HEARTSTOP
14 hours ago, JRCF29 said:

And what are you basing this prognosis off of ?

The simple fact that this used to happen before vaccines existed? It's in the quote. The reason not as many unvaccinated people die nowadays is because everyone else is vaccinated, reducing the risk of contagion for the ones who didn't or can't get vaccinated.

IDGAF

HEARTSTOP
13 hours ago, President Biden said:

You sound like a Nazi. “For the greater good” is literally a rationalization that dictators and terrorists use to diminish the suffering of others. The fact you had the AUDACITY to tell a member who faces medical trouble because if vaccines that their suffering is “for the greater good” is DISGUSTING.

So you're saying that if I get run over by a car, I should be against everyone using a car? I can still suffer from it but I won't be irrational about it. I did NOT say that their suffering was necessary for the greater good. I just said it was an unfortunate and rare secondary effect from it.

On the other hand, the primary effect of not having vaccines would be death of millions by the disease that the vaccine prevents.

Congratulations for calling me a nazi but I really do not see how being pro-vaccines is an act of terrorism or dictatorship. Everyone's experience and suffering matters. But if everyone matters, that means that mine does not matter more than anyone else's. It would be egotistical to wish millions of other people would have died so I wouldn't have a health issue.

IDGAF

HEARTSTOP
14 hours ago, Jose P said:

The confusion over why she posted this video aside, Madonna has always been a philanthropist, not everything revolves around Gaga.

OT: This is so strange, considering she did donate to fund the vaccine :oprah:

I know, I know. I was kind of a joking, since she does like to get on trends (roll the Nicki Minaj collab :bear:).

I mentioned Gaga just because of the site we're in and the insane comparisons they are both submitted to. The trend in this matter would be COVID-fundraising itself, not Gaga.

It's still a good action anyway, no matter the intentions.

IDGAF

Archived