💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Marilyn Manson Announces New Album/Single

Jose P

Featured Posts

Lorde Von Kok

I'll stream right now king :pray:

What is done in the dark shall one day come to light.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anderson123
12 minutes ago, Reginald said:

I just finished listening, and have pretty strong opinions after only one play.

Anyone else have thoughts on We Are Chaos? 

@Anderson123 @Jose P

I’ve only listened to it once from start to finish but really liked it! It’s a really good sound and some of the tracks reminded me of his past albums, like Infinite Darkness reminded me of Cake and Sodomy from Portrait, some other songs have an EMDM/THEOL sound. 

Anyway just really need to have a moment with it and listen to it more, can’t tell some of the songs apart but my favorites are Don’t Chase The Dead, Broken Needle, Paint You With My Love and the title track.

I’ve enjoyed Heaven Upside Down more than Pale Emperor but I feel like Chaos has much better lyrics than these two. I don’t know, I’m just so excited the album is out now, gonna listen to it more and come back to this !

I do not enjoy the new album. It is lukewarm basicness for me. Sounds like he lost the sparks. He is a changed man in the end. Maybe next album will be better. But at least the cover art is great tho!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Reginald
48 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I’ve only listened to it once from start to finish but really liked it! It’s a really good sound and some of the tracks reminded me of his past albums, like Infinite Darkness reminded me of Cake and Sodomy from Portrait, some other songs have an EMDM/THEOL sound. 

Anyway just really need to have a moment with it and listen to it more, can’t tell some of the songs apart but my favorites are Don’t Chase The Dead, Broken Needle, Paint You With My Love and the title track.

I’ve enjoyed Heaven Upside Down more than Pale Emperor but I feel like Chaos has much better lyrics than these two. I don’t know, I’m just so excited the album is out now, gonna listen to it more and come back to this !

Hmmm. Reading your review makes me think maybe I need to give it more time to fully appreciate it :oprah:

To be honest, I felt the  Eat Me, Drink Me comparison also. That album definitely has a place in my heart with all of it's dark, moody dramatic moments, though, so maybe this one will find it's place there, too. :bear: And if it doesn't,  I imagine that we'll hopefully have another album in two or three years. New tracks are a good thing no matter what.

I think I expected an aggressive album with big, gaudy Manson bangers about the current political climate. There's a lot of current events he could have made some really sharp and scathing tracks about. 

That said, I know he's probably had a lot of personal turmoil in the past few years, so maybe it's just time to exorcise those demons (:giggle: pun intended) before the next album. Just kind of wish he would have thrown in at least one or two full blown bangers this time. 

And yesssss, you're right: Infinite Darkness definitely has that classic Manson bite. It's a standout track for me. 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

Anderson123
5 minutes ago, Reginald said:

Hmmm. Reading your review makes me think maybe I need to give it more time to fully appreciate it :oprah:

To be honest, I felt the  Eat Me, Drink Me comparison also. That album definitely has a place in my heart with all of it's dark, moody dramatic moments, though, so maybe this one will find it's place there, too. :bear: And if it doesn't,  I imagine that we'll hopefully have another album in two or three years. New tracks are a good thing no matter what.

I think I expected an aggressive album with big, gaudy Manson bangers about the current political climate. There's a lot of current events he could have made some really sharp and scathing tracks about. 

That said, I know he's probably had a lot of personal turmoil in the past few years, so maybe it's just time to exorcise those demons (:giggle: pun intended) before the next album. Just kind of wish he would have thrown in at least one or two full blown bangers this time. 

And yesssss, you're right: Infinite Darkness definitely has that classic Manson bite. It's a standout track for me. 

Yeah it's too early to know our true feelings about a new album, sometimes it takes time to digest it and most Manson albums are like that, he's usually full of surprises. I think you should give it another try and keep an open mind about it.

I'm not familiar with Shooter Jennings' work so didn't know what to expect but after listening to We Are Chaos (the song) I was honestly surprised he decided to go that route, I feel like it was a sound he had been wanting to do for a while. As for the political album I thought he'd do that with Heaven Upside Down but it was a great album regardless of it, I still listen to it a lot.

I think even Manson knew fans were gonna expect very aggressive songs and lead single especially but I feel like it fits better to do something unexpected. This is probably what Antichrist Superstar fans felt when Mechanical Animals was released. Not trying to compare his new work to these masterpieces of course but the way he switches to the opposite sound is something I've liked about his music. 

Btw he said he started working on another album with Shooter during quarantine so maybe we'll get another one sooner than we think since he's not able to tour for at least 6 more months, we'll see. I just want to really enjoy this album, it's been 3 years.

Reginald
2 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

I just want to really enjoy this album, it's been 3 years.

Yesss :vegas: It feels good to have him back 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

I loved it! I think some need to remember Manson won't continue doing the same brand of abrasive shock rock well into his 50s. This sound he has been playing with since TPE feels like a natural progression for his artistry. Extremely well produced, clean, sophisticated, and deeply personal. The lyrics were incredible as well.

Highlights - Red Black and Blue, Perfume, Broken  Needle, Don't Chase The Dead

Lows - We are Chaos, Keep My Head Together

Also I'm so glad to see it's been critically acclaimed thus far!

22 minutes ago, hoeslay said:

Keep it.

What the ****? I had no idea about that! I used to love his music. What a ****ed up man, he needs to be in jail.

wetasspussy

omg i'm so excited. it's been such a long time since his last album heaven upside down was released:bradley::heart:

So much time on the other side Waiting for you to wake up So much time on the other side Waiting for you to wake up

On 9/12/2020 at 3:14 PM, hoeslay said:

Keep it.

I was a HUGE Manson fan until this came to light for me recently. Can't go back now knowing what I know

Love + Art

Reginald

I still think it's appropriate to take a grain of salt before we can judge Marilyn Manson and ERW's relationship. As a reminder, we only know one side of the story.

Also, just last month Manson's ex Rose McGowan, one of the first voices of the MeToo movement, spoke about their relationship and breakup. She appears to have fond memories of when she was "young and free," dating him for three years. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rose-mc-gowan-looks-back-at-scandalous-seethrough-vm-as-dress-i-hadnt-really-ever-dealt-with-global-media-shaming-003852262.html 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

Archived