💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

BLACKPINK’s New Single Features Selena Gomez

POPARTHD

Featured Posts

TWICE on hatius
44 minutes ago, Sherry1411 said:

Excuse me, have you heard Jisoo's cover of Clarity? And Rose as well? They sing beautifully. They dance so much that's why they don't sound that great on stage

They sound great to you because you like their tone not their technique. You can find plenty of vocal analysis on internet saying all Blackpink members most of of time unable to support their notes properly. And that stylistic singing of Rose is just unhealthy to her voice in longer term :green:.

Also, I didn’t say Blackpink not able to sing (yes they’re capable to sound great in songs that are not challenging) but they’re not good vocalists. It’s fact.

Please ignore the spelling in username. I am a Beyonce stan afterall.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sherry
5 minutes ago, TWICE said:

They sound great to you because you like their tone not their technique. You can find plenty of vocal analysis on internet saying all Blackpink members most of of time unable to support their notes properly. And that stylistic singing of Rose is just unhealthy to her voice in longer term :green:.

Also, I didn’t say Blackpink not able to sing (yes they’re capable to sound great in songs that are not challenging) but they’re not good vocalists. It’s fact.

That's because they're forced to sing at a higher pitch to sound more feminine. It's a well known fact. They are not allowed to use their natural singing techniques. 

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚

TWICE on hatius
20 minutes ago, Sherry1411 said:

That's because they're forced to sing at a higher pitch to sound more feminine. It's a well known fact. They are not allowed to use their natural singing techniques. 

Yup i know that. Nasal nose congestion is another way to say edgy YG girl crush voice :billie:. (this the diss to YG strategy not Blackpink)

I didn’t mean to slander them actually just want to point out Blackpink strength is never their vocals but rather than good stamina and stage command (or any YG artists in general actually). You can be a bad vocalist but still a stunning performer overall (like Britney or Madonna :reductive:).

Also, it’s not **that** important you are allowed to enjoy your faves in whatever ways you want to but don’t use them to slander other artists like people in this thread. Especially it set your faves up for arguments like this.

Hades
2 hours ago, The Enigma said:

She's not one of the best singers. She can't hit high notes but it doesn't mean she can't sing. There are lots of great performances of hers. 

She's mediocre at everything. Her stage presence is equal to a potato...

Im pretty disappointed. Selena is not really an interesting 'artist' i dont consider her an artist, i think she fell in a singing career randomly. Her voice is either irritating or basic, she has no real creativity, no real personnality, nothing to offer for a feature with Blackpink. BlackPink to me has to have a big personnality, thats why it worked with Gaga, and although im not a fan of Dua Lipa, it also worked bcs she has her style

Pretty Savage
12 minutes ago, Hades said:

tenor.gif

Sherry
39 minutes ago, TWICE said:

Yup i know that. Nasal nose congestion is another way to say edgy YG girl crush voice :billie:. (this the diss to YG strategy not Blackpink)

I didn’t mean to slander them actually just want to point out Blackpink strength is never their vocals but rather than good stamina and stage command (or any YG artists in general actually). You can be a bad vocalist but still a stunning performer overall (like Britney or Madonna :reductive:).

Also, it’s not **that** important you are allowed to enjoy your faves in whatever ways you want to but don’t use them to slander other artists like people in this thread. Especially it set your faves up for arguments like this.

I agree YG sure destroys most of their idols.

26 minutes ago, Hades said:

I- :air:

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚

RAMROD

If it isn't Interscope idea, IDK what it is :billie:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

StrawberryBlond

I hope this doesn't end up meaning that Sour Candy is completely cancelled as a single. It sucks that this one is obviously going to take precedence first though, when Sour Candy came out first. If this ends up being a major hit but Sour Candy never even becomes an official single, I'll be so pissed. I don't want Gaga's chance thrown away all for Selena, of all artists. Interesting that Blackpink are collabing with another Interscope artist, however, which I hope is at least a good sign that Gaga isn't being forgotten.

Linus Gaga
20 hours ago, TWICE said:

Isn’t it a well known fact that aside stamina, Blackpink does not have any good vocalists. Feel like GGD kinda clueless with kpop :green:

It’s not confirmed anyway.

No, i think bp vocal is unique and stable.

meanwhile Twice :huntyga:

Hit me a message and say hi !

Enzo

Imagine their team having a collab with freaking Lady Gaga 

But hyping the f*ck out of a Selena collab :poot:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

TWICE on hatius
1 hour ago, Linus Gaga said:

No, i think bp vocal is unique and stable.

meanwhile Twice :huntyga:

Bold of you bringing TWICE up when Jihyo is considered one of the better vocalists of gen 3 (although she’s considered mediocre af to gen 2). Anyway, yes, that the majority of twice is bad also doesn’t make my arguments less right. Stable = stamina, unique = tone. So what’s your point cause vocalists = technique ?

But have a look with what normal people with zero bias say:

https://www.allkpop.com/forum/threads/analysis-big-3-girl-groups-vocal-analysis-3rd-and-4rd-gen-ranking.400053/ 
:reductive:

Archived