💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did the Feud W/ Taylor Ruin Katy's Career?

RRR

Featured Posts

Suuus
25 minutes ago, Gimme More said:

I'm not saying not many people don't? :saladga:

i'm literally saying her continuously mocking mental health makes her less likeable = less popular

So obviously that fits the reasoning of her decline, mental health is important and she has mocked it on multiple occasions. 

This is also probably the reason why gaga doesnt like anymore 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark
10 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

I don't agree with it morally, but it 100% plays a role in her loss of commercial success, particularly with the general public. Her image and brand as Katy Perry was the sexy woman who kissed a girl. That's what catapulted her into commercial success. Don't think for a second that she didn't exploit that to the fullest with her imagery moving forward. You can see it in practically every music video until Witness.

This. It sucks and shows how superficial/ageist/sexist society is...but that is how Katy made her mark and she did lean into it a lot. If she had vocals like Gaga or Lana's songwriting ability she might be able to get herself out of the hole...but who knows. And I like Katy and her music quite a bit, although I think Smile is not very good.

Suuus
6 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

It's sad, sexist, superficial, ageist, and unfortunately kind of true. Pop girls and rap girls often have a much shorter career span because a lot of their career is often tied up with their looks.

I like Katy and am not slamming her, but the way she was marketed was primarily on her looks and a sort of "goofy 25 year old meets Betty Page guy's girl" style. The thing is she needed to evolve once she hit 30...the fart jokes/burping/child like goofiness isn't as widely accepted at that point from women. But she swung wildly from "acts like a teenager" to "super serious political" person. She needs to find a lane and just commit to it. For example, being "goofy" is just fine—plenty of artists are goofy—but she needs to dial back on the childish factor. And at the end of the day she doesn't have the songwriting or vocal strength of some others so she can't rely on that to bail her out.

TBH Gaga has some of the same issues to a much lesser degree...fans body shame her, get mad when she isn't as "wild" as she was originally marketed, etc.

Thats the fans problem not gaga's 

rasclautmangos
5 minutes ago, LilyLark said:

It's sad, sexist, superficial, ageist, and unfortunately kind of true. Pop girls and rap girls often have a much shorter career span because a lot of their career is often tied up with their looks.

I like Katy and am not slamming her, but the way she was marketed was primarily on her looks and a sort of "goofy 25 year old meets Betty Page guy's girl" style. The thing is she needed to evolve once she hit 30...the fart jokes/burping/child like goofiness isn't as widely accepted at that point from women. But she swung wildly from "acts like a teenager" to "super serious political" person. She needs to find a lane and just commit to it. For example, being "goofy" is just fine—plenty of artists are goofy—but she needs to dial back on the childish factor. And at the end of the day she doesn't have the songwriting or vocal strength of some others so she can't rely on that to bail her out.

TBH Gaga has some of the same issues to a much lesser degree...fans body shame her, get mad when she isn't as "wild" as she was originally marketed, etc.

Agreed. Gaga's strength is that she's so versatile. She could say f*ck it all and go off to do jazz, Broadway, classical piano, a tv show, movies, etc. (which she most likely will) and still find some success.

Poor Katy seems stuck in the same place she was 10 plus years ago.

IllusionLover
46 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Going from this:

Screen-Shot-2020-07-27-at-5-30-02-PM.png

To this:

Screen-Shot-2020-07-27-at-5-29-40-PM.png

Did.

Ok, enough with the haircut thing, she looked gorgeous with both types of hair and she still looks great as a blonde. And I don't think a haircut has something to do with music.

JB and Miley did this and nobody even said a thing about it, idk why was it different for Katy.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

LilyLark
1 minute ago, rasclautmangos said:

Agreed. Gaga's strength is that she's so versatile. She could say f*ck it all and go off to do jazz, Broadway, classical piano, a tv show, movies, etc. (which she most likely will) and still find some success.

Poor Katy seems stuck in the same place she was 10 plus years ago.

I feel like NRO and Daisies were a sort of a shift into a different, but still somewhat similar ground, for her....but Smile just seems like a Witness reject.

Agunimon
10 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

Ok, enough with the haircut thing, she looked gorgeous with both types of hair and she still looks great as a blonde. And I don't think a haircut has something to do with music.

JB and Miley did this and nobody even said a thing about it, idk why was it different for Katy.

Sorry but you’re wrong. 

Defmix100

Obviously understandable why she stopped working with Dr Luke but why did she stop working with Bonnie McKee?

StrawberryBlond
13 minutes ago, Defmix100 said:

Obviously understandable why she stopped working with Dr Luke but why did she stop working with Bonnie McKee?

From what I can see, whenever Bonnie worked on a track for Katy, Luke always worked on the track as well. I haven't found any track Bonnie wrote for her where Luke wasn't involved. My guess is that as far as working for Katy was concerned, Bonnie and Luke were a package deal. Why that is, I don't know, but it seems to be the way it was.

Sister

It's probably because she left music and went full on television cringe persona and no one knew she was as childish and goofy as she actually is, it's a bit much, both her and Kelly American Idol, whatshername.....

it also happened to others who ran to tv shows, Stefani, Miley and Christina. They never get back their pop seat completely.

Maybe the "mystique" helps sell songs in the pop world, we don't need to know them too up close and personally. Honestly.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Countessbishh

Probably. Katy is fkn annoying anyway. Best thing she could do at this point is die her hair back black and make a “back to the roots” album. 

• 7 months later...
Guest Adarsh
On 7/28/2020 at 3:01 AM, Reject False Icons said:

I agree she went over the top with that annoying attitude 
but Celine Dion is much more goofy and annoying why is nobody complaining about her 

Because she doesn’t make that her entire brand. It’s just a trait that Celine has. Her talent and music is separate and speaks for itself. 

Mother of Puppies
On 7/27/2020 at 11:30 PM, Agunimon said:

Going from this:

Screen-Shot-2020-07-27-at-5-30-02-PM.png

To this:

Screen-Shot-2020-07-27-at-5-29-40-PM.png

Did.

Yup. I think so too... it sounds really shalllow to blame it on something as simple as hair, but I think this played a major part. Her dark hair was one of her main features...

and a lot of her success was also about her look, because she is a beautiful woman. (and she is also talented and can sing in her range and the music is good, but she doesn't have the talent musicwise that Gaga has (voice,range, pullin off different genres)

And I'm saying this as a huge Katycat since 2008!! I was a Katycat long before I became a lil monster...

I love Katy - no matter what hair she's rocking...  (I prefer her with dark hair though...) :heart: But who knows, maybe her career takes off again soon... I'm sure she will continue to do great music. (I liked smile - it's just not my favorite album)

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

• HausOfMark locked this topic

Archived