đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did the Feud W/ Taylor Ruin Katy's Career?

RRR

Featured Posts

Lucas

Katy ruined it herself by going for the exact same sound for 4 albums while decreasing in quality

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gimme More
7 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

It has nothing to do with Britney though... MANY people who have a mental breakdown shave their head

I'm not saying not many people don't? :saladga:

i'm literally saying her continuously mocking mental health makes her less likeable = less popular

So obviously that fits the reasoning of her decline, mental health is important and she has mocked it on multiple occasions. 

#JusticeForBritney ♡

Reject False Icons
6 minutes ago, LadyGoo said:

Celine can sing :flower:

Katy can too, but not on celine’s level

i guess she’s not critiqued because she passed her peak and nobody is waiting for a commercial success from her 

The Z
1 minute ago, Gimme More said:

I'm not saying not many people don't? :saladga:

i'm literally saying her continuously mocking mental health makes her less likeable = less popular

So obviously that fits the reasoning of her decline, mental health is important and she has mocked it on multiple occasions. 

Well it looked like you were saying she was mocking Britney or whoever. 

It don't think she was really mocking anyone actually, maybe it was a bit too much and she could have done without, but I think it was just light-hearted "jokes". But I definitely understand why some people thought it was inappropriate. 

I don't think it affected her career though, it's not like it was a big scandal

Runway

No. It was because she stopped working with dr luke, and her looks declined 

Gimme More
Just now, KEVIN STEVE said:

Well it looked like you were saying she was mocking Britney or whoever. 

It don't think she was really mocking anyone actually, maybe it was a bit too much and she could have done without, but I think it was just light-hearted "jokes". But I definitely understand why some people thought it was inappropriate. 

I don't think it affected her career though, it's not like it was a big scandal

Yes mocking a persons mental health that led to two hospitalisations, losing custody of her kids and being placed under a conservatorship and being classed as severely disabled legally is definitely Katy being 'light-hearted' with such 'jokes' :selena:

It's not really defendable, so I don't get why you're trying to justify her comments as 'light-hearted'  :ladyhaha:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

The Z
5 minutes ago, Gimme More said:

Yes mocking a persons mental health that led to two hospitalisations, losing custody of her kids and being placed under a conservatorship and being classed as severely disabled legally is definitely Katy being 'light-hearted' with such 'jokes' :selena:

It's not really defendable, so I don't get why you're trying to justify her comments as 'light-hearted'  :ladyhaha:

I didn't read that one, the tweets don't say that, but yeah if that's the case it sucks. 

Chill though, I'm just giving her the benefit of the doubt

Also I did shave my head myself when I was depressed + hospitalized from a long time as well, and I didn't take it personally. But once again, I can understand that some people did and she could have done without

Economy

Nah. I think the majority of people thought Taylor was the one being overly dramatic and petty 

Other stuff caused her to fizzle fast

Oyster

Taylor matured into a classy, respectable, powerful woman. Katy matured into a cringy, try hard, ditzy and careless clown. It’s all about how you come across.

Agunimon
6 minutes ago, Bilola said:

This is so wrong omg :bear:

I don't agree with it morally, but it 100% plays a role in her loss of commercial success, particularly with the general public. Her image and brand as Katy Perry was the sexy woman who kissed a girl. That's what catapulted her into commercial success. Don't think for a second that she didn't exploit that to the fullest with her imagery moving forward. You can see it in practically every music video until Witness.

Red Velvet
33 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

Going from this:

Screen-Shot-2020-07-27-at-5-30-02-PM.png

"Platinum Blond Hair May 2019"

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

LilyLark
4 minutes ago, Bilola said:

This is so wrong omg :bear:

It's sad, sexist, superficial, ageist, and unfortunately kind of true. Pop girls and rap girls often have a much shorter career span because a lot of their career is often tied up with their looks.

I like Katy and am not slamming her, but the way she was marketed was primarily on her looks and a sort of "goofy 25 year old meets Betty Page guy's girl" style. The thing is she needed to evolve once she hit 30...the fart jokes/burping/child like goofiness isn't as widely accepted at that point from women. But she swung wildly from "acts like a teenager" to "super serious political" person. She needs to find a lane and just commit to it. For example, being "goofy" is just fine—plenty of artists are goofy—but she needs to dial back on the childish factor. And at the end of the day she doesn't have the songwriting or vocal strength of some others so she can't rely on that to bail her out.

TBH Gaga has some of the same issues to a much lesser degree...fans body shame her, get mad when she isn't as "wild" as she was originally marketed, etc.

rasclautmangos

No, Taylor didn't ruin anyone's career. 

Things like this did:

That awful haircut and being too cringey and try hard is what hurt her. 

I still don't think her career is RUINED though.  Smile could do very well for all we know. Even if it doesn't, it's not like it'll be her last album. She may still serve up some hits eventually.

• HausOfMark locked this topic

Archived