đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

If Katy released Folklore

COOOK

Featured Posts

Admin
1 minute ago, Faysalaaa said:

Look whos talking, this site is no place for someone like you and everyone here knows why.

What I said is fine, you are clearly trolling and making this personal.

Banned. Please go be toxic somewhere else.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bpmMonkey

What are these „what if xy released folklore“ ? The reason so many people, me included, love the record the way we do, is because she’s going back to her roots ! The way she’s telling a story made me fall in love with her, also the stripped back songs remind me a lot of this 

Katy never did this kind of music, neither did Gaga so it wouldn’t work for them at this point and would feel forced. 

COOOK
12 minutes ago, gypsy Hero said:

What are these „what if xy released folklore“ ? The reason so many people, me included, love the record the way we do, is because she’s going back to her roots !

The title's me messing around with the other threads (waiting for "If Dua released Folklore") :bon: But really this is about if Katy's direction going "analogue" or back to her roots will bring her back on top :pray:

bpmMonkey
5 minutes ago, COOOK said:

The title's me messing around with the other threads (waiting for "If Dua released Folklore") :bon: But really this is about if Katy's direction going "analogue" or back to her roots will bring her back on top :pray:

Well. What are Katy’s roots then? I think when Katy first started getting praised by everyone it was for what she represented, the persona. And I think that is the exact reason she’s struggling for so many years now and what makes it hard for her to „back to her roots“. Taylor’s roots are the storytelling in her music and it’s more natural for her to go back there. Where Gaga first started as a persona as well, she shifted focus over the years to her vocal ability’s and just recently went back to the „crazy-artsy“ Gaga she used to be and still loves very much.  But Katy said over and over she doesn’t wanna go back to being a sex symbol, so what’s left at the end. I don’t wanna be shady or anything, but her lyrics aren’t as deep as she wants them to be and her vocals not as strong .. 

kaelergrey

A more stripped back guitar driven album will make katy perry shine more. I actually like her acoustics especially if she is just using a guitar. :heart:

Always Remember That You Are Special, You Are Beautiful and You Are Loved 

• 2 weeks later...
Inferno

Katy is not capable of releasing something honest. She and Nicki Minaj alike are two examples of business women that also make popular music. The business comes before the art.

Inferno
On 7/25/2020 at 2:03 AM, permotio said:

Jesus what's with you guys shitting on Katy for no good reason?

Please don't say she can't release good music. Or that's she's shallow. She's put a **** tonne of effort into her album campaign during lockdown whilst PREGNANT - much more than Gaga - and she keeps on going even after suffering knockback after knockback. She hasn't had a decent-charting single for a couple of years but she's still hustling, still creating, still trying out new things to please her fanbase.

She puts business before art. I'd say she hustles but its all about what will make profit, its not about making an artistic statement about the world or her life. And it never has been. And those kind of "artists" exist in the industry and ultimately it is what it is and thats fine imo. She has her place. I just don't think its fair to put her in the same league as other artists or compare her to Gaga as if she is comparable when what she does is all about molding herself to whats trending rather than be honest and make something interesting imo. As a pop star, one can argue they all mold themselves to trends to some extent, but like I said in my previous post, I think Katy Perry is an example of someone who is all about the business and the artfulness is lost. Its secondary.  Shes not doing it to please her fans otherwise she would've popped out an album last year with the release of Never Really Over. She didnt do that to save her ass and her chart placements because they could gauge that it wasn't going as well as hoped. At this point they're just trying to bite the bullet and put it all out there because they can't manipulate themselves into a better position like they did with her first 3 records. If they pushed it back again, its most likely because theyre going to thirstily strive to make whatever the next single is a hit because they dont want her to tank. I dont think her fans even come into play in her world, they just come as elements to the job and you can sense that in her interactions with them over the years. Katys a shark.

Economy
On 7/25/2020 at 5:24 AM, Majora said:

Sadly it would just be another Katy project that not many would be interested in. 

Tbh

I hate to say it cuz I love her but I think her career is just dead and beyond redemption

The GP is over her and she's kinda getting old to get popular again thru the GP but she doesn't have enough of a loyal fan base to propel herself back up either

Fortunately she's well off for the rest of her life with her $300M networth and she left too big a mark on music to ever be forgotten so she will always be an icon. But her career as an A or even B artist is done

Dr Fudge

Idk if she could pull off a folklore, but One of the Boys is very pop rock. I would love to see her get away from softer themes and go back to a little bit of edge. Clearly (ala all the promo she’s doing) she has passion for making music still. But the recipe hasn’t worked the same since she parting with Dr. Luke. 

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.

G U C C I

I wish Katy the best and hope she does well but even with a fantastic album and well executed release, she just isn’t that talented of a singer/vocalist. Not to mention she is an even bigger cringe fest than Gaga has ever been on American Idol. I don’t even know anyone who actually likes her. Some of her songs back in the day were amazing and she’s a good performer but unless she comes out with something that is a hit with the GP then she will stay at this level musically. 

I do think Katy would do good for her career by returning to her own roots – she started off not making the bubblegum pop that made her famous, but rather Pink/Kelly Clarkson-esque rock pop.

The songs that Katy's written purely by herself or with only 1 other writer (Thinking of You, Not Like the Movies, By the Grace of God, Mannequin, Fingerprints, One of the Boys) seems to indicate that Katy, left to her own devices, is far more interested in ballads and rock-influenced songs than her huge pop hits.

I think that's why she's kinda "lost her way" – the California Gurls Katy was never quite authentic Katy. I think she likes pop music, I'm not saying otherwise, but I think she's an ambitious woman who prizes success – if she could be as successful doing purely pop-rock/ballads, I think she'd have chosen to do that.

So, whether or not she gets the same amount of success as the TD-Prism era, I think she'd be best served by writing what comes naturally to her – so, an album of Thinking of You's and Not Like the Movies. So not folklore, per se, but definitely an album far more acoustic than what she's put out since One of the Boys.

gagaxsebert

Katy said in her Smile Sunday’s yesterday that her song “What Makes a Woman” is very acoustic and she’s wants to go in that direction soon

Used to be HighRoad

COOOK
12 hours ago, HighRoad said:

Katy said in her Smile Sunday’s yesterday that her song “What Makes a Woman” is very acoustic and she’s wants to go in that direction soon

From the snippet she shared of it, I honestly love it more than everything she put out after Teenage Dream (the standalone album, not even the added songs for the Complete Confection...) so I'm pretty excited

gagaxsebert
Just now, COOOK said:

From the snippet she shared of it, I honestly love it more than everything she put out after Teenage Dream (the standalone album, not even the added songs for the Complete Confection...) so I'm pretty excited

Same. I feel like Smile should’ve been the album she tried something new, like this acoustic sound she’s interested in. But I’d say Capitol just wanted another hit.

Used to be HighRoad

COOOK
7 minutes ago, HighRoad said:

Same. I feel like Smile should’ve been the album she tried something new, like this acoustic sound she’s interested in. But I’d say Capitol just wanted another hit.

Probably that's why the acoustic version of Daisies sounds nicer than the original, overproduced one...

Archived