💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I don’t get replay’s hype

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

alsemanche
3 minutes ago, KindnessPunk28 said:

Oh you're one of THOSE people who thinks their negative opinion about a flawless album makes you edgy and diverse. I cannot take anyone seriously who does not worship the ground Chromatica walks on. It's clear you're not a member I want to debate with. Have a good evening. 

I really hope this is sarcasm :ladyhaha:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan
3 minutes ago, Haldy said:

Replay is top 3 of Gaga's career and captures the same dark, twisted, glamorous angst that made Bad Romance such a pheonomenon. And I won't ever hear otherwise on this site.

I keep hearing people calling Replay "dark"... maybe in the lyrics, but I get 0 dark feeling from its sound, so I'm always a bit confused when people say that

elijahfan
21 minutes ago, Brecht said:

1:09 of that video is Replay's beat drop

Oooooh I finally hear it! And that's precisely the sound that I low-key don't like on Replay :laughga: I always thought the sample was the "It's myyy" that you somehow hear in the backing vocals during the "Your monsters torture me" part. I definitely feel like I'd enjoy the song more with a different production.

BUtterfield 8
7 minutes ago, KindnessPunk28 said:

Oh you're one of THOSE people who thinks their negative opinion about a flawless album makes you edgy and diverse. I cannot take anyone seriously who does not worship the ground Chromatica walks on. It's clear you're not a member I want to debate with. Have a good evening. 

Are you being serious rn?

KindnessPunk28
3 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

I really hope this is sarcasm :ladyhaha:

For stuff like this, 100% serious. I will never accept a negative opinion of Chromatica. This must be how people who love ARTPOP like a kid feel when people say they don't like it :enigma:

raragaga

yeah I'm not a fan of replay either

xoxo

ARTPOP

You should clean your ears out :trollga:

It is not my personal favorite but it is in top 3 of the songs, the production, lyrics and the chorus.

COME ON GAYS!!

Ladle Ghoulash

I think the message, as someone who suffers from PTSD, is powerful. The lyrics are some of the best on the album. The melodic composition is brilliant, the production is brilliant dystopic gothic disco. The vocals are impeccable. I honestly can’t say enough about it. IMHO easily my favorite stand alone track from Chromatica and one of my favorites from her discography. 

alsemanche
12 minutes ago, KindnessPunk28 said:

For stuff like this, 100% serious. I will never accept a negative opinion of Chromatica. This must be how people who love ARTPOP like a kid feel when people say they don't like it :enigma:

I love ARTPOP but i accept people not liking it :ladyhaha: it's called different opinions and taste in music :ladyhaha:

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Emvee

Are we gonna have threads like this about every song that isn’t Plastic Doll? PD stans are so cringe. 

Ladle Ghoulash
18 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I keep hearing people calling Replay "dark"... maybe in the lyrics, but I get 0 dark feeling from its sound, so I'm always a bit confused when people say that

I think the distorted, reversed melodic interval in the beat drop is dark (and so is the synth programming). The song also employs one of Gaga’s classic moves (see: Bad Romance and Perfect Illusion) where she utilizes the relative minor to create an unsettling contrast between lighter and happier parts of the melody in really subtle ways. 

Franch Toast

I don't dislike the song, but I think it's my least favorite on the album – it's the only track I've ever skipped. I do enjoy listening to it though, just not as much as the others. 

She/Her/Hers

elijahfan
6 minutes ago, zebulonpyke said:

I think the distorted, reversed melodic interval in the beat drop is dark (and so is the synth programming). The song also employs one of Gaga’s classic moves (see: Bad Romance and Perfect Illusion) where she utilizes the relative minor to create an unsettling contrast between lighter and happier parts of the melody in really subtle ways. 

Right, I kinda get the unsettling idea. But to me, the only really dark song on Chromatica is 911.

Archived