Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Rain On Me #28 on this week's Hot 100

Justin Drew Bieber

Featured Posts

Leoj305
2 hours ago, Roland said:

Guys any examples of singles taking off after an album being released in the era of streaming?

The power of the music video is so weak these days. Blinding Lights and Dua Lipa's views are so low. Compare that to to five years ago when vids would reach a billion views easily. 

Watermelon sugar high. 

Album came out in 2019. Also shallow which came out in 2018 exploded in early 2019. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Leoj305 said:

Watermelon sugar high. 

Album came out in 2019. Also shallow which came out in 2018 exploded in early 2019. 

Yeah that's true. But it had the movie behind. Which became huge, word of mouth all that. None of the songs from Chromatica are in the top 200 on Spotify apart from Sour Candy. Could a radio deal and a music video really push the likes of Alice or 911 into the top 10 on Billboard. All Dua's hits were before the album or just after I think. And so they grew slowly but steadily.  

jacs vs looser
1 hour ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

it'll rise this week, juicie wrld had 8 songs debut above it 

That's true, however it will still be outside the top 20 (juice wrld has 5 songs in the top 10, at least 1 of them is bound to remain top 20 next week). It isn't terrible, but the song is slowly declining in popularity so I think focusing in promoting it at this point wouldn't be worth it.

On top of that, 2 months in between singles is pretty common in the industry, I say let's start jamming to "my name isn't Alice" instead. :firega:

Archived