Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

ROM Debuts On US Call Out Scores #18

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy
Just now, Luc said:

Doing wors than stuck with you, but how? :rip:

Stuck with you debuted last week and also came out earlier. Maybe that could account for a small part of the difference

pdaines
3 minutes ago, Economy said:

Presumably familiarity keeps rising so that should help pop score then?

Does negative score tend to fall as song grows on people?

And is burn rate the number of ppl sick and tired of the song?

Yes. Pop score tends to rise to equal potential over time, but potential could decline as people get sick of the song. 

Probably for some songs at the beginning of their chart runs, but note that we generally don't see these numbers until a song has been out for a month or two.  I would not expect Gaga's numbers for ROM to meaningfully improve over time.  

Yes. That's the gist, although it isn't clear exactly how they measure it/how they phrase the question. 

Ms I am a local
18 minutes ago, Economy said:

So positive plus neutral minus negative??? :huh:

I don’t know a formula to generate the potential. I only know that the potential’s base is the pop score and the better the other scores are, the more points it will have.

Economy
4 minutes ago, pdaines said:

Yes. Pop score tends to rise to equal potential over time, but potential could decline as people get sick of the song. 

Probably for some songs at the beginning of their chart runs, but note that we generally don't see these numbers until a song has been out for a month or two.  I would not expect Gaga's numbers for ROM to meaningfully improve over time.  

Yes. That's the gist, although it isn't clear exactly how they measure it/how they phrase the question. 

Ppl seemed to respond so well to the song I'm surprised the scores are so mediocre :air:

pdaines
2 minutes ago, Luc said:

Doing wors than stuck with you, but how? :rip:

They are doing about the same. I would about reading into 1 point differences, given that there is sampling error and other issues that could fuzz things up at the fringes. 

The takeaway from this call-out report is that Gaga's new song is pulling in objectively mediocre numbers relative to most competitor pop radio hits, so it's not likely to turn around and rocket to #1. BUT, note that only the biggest pop hits ever even appear on this survey, and the three pop hits that Gaga's song beats on potential are all currently doing better on pop radio (so they should switch places). :)

Also, kudos for reaching >80% general public familiarity from a song released like 13 years into her career. Even if it declines from here, it will probably still top out over 90%. 

pdaines
11 minutes ago, Economy said:

Ppl seemed to respond so well to the song I'm surprised the scores are so mediocre :air:

Me too. But if you were watching radio numbers over time, it was signaled miles off that radio was softening on the song, which would not have been happening if the GP was calling in to their local radio stations to request it.  

It's a perfectly good, commercially-saleable pop hit song, and the fact that it gave us what we hoped for from a Gaga/Grande collab resulted in a huge amount of fan excitement. It was packaged properly, and it was able to debut at number 1 and maintain a fairly slow decline curve.  The global Spotify numbers in particular have been very robust, and the US Spotify numbers have been high enough to support a pop radio hit. 

But we live in a streaming world that is no longer dominated by pop radio hits. It's probably about time for Gaga's team to move on and start promoting the next single. 

Economy
29 minutes ago, pdaines said:

Me too. But if you were watching radio numbers over time, it was signaled miles off that radio was softening on the song, which would not have been happening if the GP was calling in to their local radio stations to request it.  

It's a perfectly good, commercially-saleable pop hit song, and the fact that it gave us what we hoped for from a Gaga/Grande collab resulted in a huge amount of fan excitement. It was packaged properly, and it was able to debut at number 1 and maintain a fairly slow decline curve.  The global Spotify numbers in particular have been very robust, and the US Spotify numbers have been high enough to support a pop radio hit. 

But we live in a streaming world that is no longer dominated by pop radio hits. It's probably about time for Gaga's team to move on and start promoting the next single.

I'm legit so skeptical at this point that that will even happen :toofunny:

Isn't there something you sign up for to do these surveys? I remember signing up years go to a station and answering these questions for about 20 song clips. I just gave bad marks for all the songs except the ones I was rooting for.

Maybe we should start registering for these surveys? 

Archived