Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will BLACKPINK be the first Korean Grammy winners?

Red Velvet

Featured Posts

Red Velvet
1 minute ago, perfillusion said:

Shouldn’t they be on 33% of the album to get credited for the AOTY nom

33% playing time, which means in a song, they must be there for the minimium, 33% of the song. 

An example of this is: Kendrick Lamar being nominated for Lemonade, which had him as a feature artist. 

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enzo

Ariana coming for that AOTY nom in a consecutive year :vegas:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

MonsterOfficial

I hope they at least get nominated for Best New Artist

exorcise my mind

Red Velvet
Just now, Enzo said:

If I don't recall bad, Bruno Mars was credited for 25's win, and he is only credited as a writer on All I Ask :oprah:

He was. 

They will be given recognition if they are a performing artist too if it comes to Album of the Year.

However, for Song of the Year, a performing artist won't be recognized UNLESS you are one of the songwriters. This rule has affected cases such as Christina Aguilera, whose track "Beautiful" was nominated in the early 00's, but was not nominated due to not having writing credits.

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Noah
5 minutes ago, BLACKPINK said:

33% playing time, which means in a song, they must be there for the minimium, 33% of the song. 

An example of this is: Kendrick Lamar being nominated for Lemonade, which had him as a feature artist. 

Gucci Mane and Missy Elliott both weren’t nominated for being on Cuz I Love You by Lizzo, which was nominated this year. So it’s safe to say the rules sadly changed and the 33% actually mean in the full Album. The Rulebook says those under 33% still receive a winners certificate tho :) 

Edit: Also, Cardi B wasn’t credited for the Song she did on the Lil Nas AOTY Nominated Album and it’s even credited as WITH and not feat.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Red Velvet
4 minutes ago, Noah said:

Gucci Mane and Missy Elliott both weren’t nominated for being on Cuz I Love You by Lizzo, which was nominated this year. So it’s safe to say the rules sadly changed and the 33% actually mean in the full Album. The Rulebook says those under 33% still receive a winners certificate tho :) 

*cries* :bradley:

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Irrelevant

inb4 yg doesn't let them go to the grammy's :vegas:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Red Velvet
Just now, Irrelevant said:

inb4 yg doesn't let them go to the grammy's :vegas:

*cries* :bradley: (2)

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Enzo
6 minutes ago, Noah said:

Edit: Also, Cardi B wasn’t credited for the Song she did on the Lil Nas AOTY Nominated Album and it’s even credited as WITH and not feat.

Neither were the features on Invasion Of Privacy :vegas:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Irrelevant
Just now, BLACKPINK said:

*cries* :bradley: (2)

*cries in japanese dome tour* :bradley:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Enzo

Perhaps the credits are something the label takes part of 

They probably decide on who to give a credit of more than 33% (? 

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

Noah
4 minutes ago, BLACKPINK said:

*cries* :bradley:

The way ROM is their biggest competition in the other fields too. Unless they release the best Video Gaga ever did within the deadline (to secure a best mv nomination) I doubt it has any chance :( 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Red Velvet
3 minutes ago, Noah said:

The way ROM is their biggest competition in the other fields too. Unless they release the best Video Gaga ever did within the deadline (to secure a best mv nomination) I doubt it has any chance :( 

#2022GrammysIsOURS

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Red Velvet
10 minutes ago, Enzo said:

Neither were the features on Invasion Of Privacy :vegas:

*is ****ing confused because Ed Sheeran and Gary Lightbody got ****ing nominated for RED*

BLACKPINK IN YOUR AREA

Archived