💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Ellie Goulding - Brightest Blue

gagaxsebert

Featured Posts

RichAssPiss
2 hours ago, Melisandre said:

I’m happy for her fans. This isn’t it for me. Piano Bar/Jazz Club music isn’t a pop album made. It is not hitting the mood I needed. When Sixteen and Cyan Interlude is the highlights. Be terribly afraid.

You can certainly not like it, but there is nothing about it that is jazz club music. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PinkJelly

I’ve preordered the signed vinyl of this, listening to it on Apple Music now, definitely a step up from Delirium. In the Apple Music description Ellie says of Delirium:

“I very quickly realised that when I was performing the songs, I was finding it cringe. It was like ‘this is not what I want’. I was in such a bad place on that album”

How Deep Is Too Deep, Love I’m Given, New Heights, Worry About Me are my faves so far!

youandi

I am really excited to listen 

I enjoyed lights, became a casual-ish fan during Halcyon, dropped off with Love Me Like You Do onwards, didn't help that around that time I was a HUGE Marina fan and the possible beef made me dislike Ellie to an extent (pretty immature looking back) but now this is being hailed as a return to form, I'm excited. 

Some of you here have me worried though, sounds like it's maybe a little too dreary but maybe it's just not what was expected. Still can't wait to listen! 

Katsuki Bakugo
3 hours ago, RichAssPiss said:

You can certainly not like it, but there is nothing about it that is jazz club music. 

Wine Drunk was the best song on this “album”.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

RahrahWitch

I was waiting for her to go back to this kind of music.

Ugh her Voice is beautiful she sings like a Siren :heart:

gagaxsebert

After listen to the album a few times;

Faves - Power (liked it before but it’s really connected with me since the album dropped), How Deep Is Too Deep, Love I’m Given, Woman, Flux & Hate Me (one of my fave Ellie songs)

Least Fave - Start (too long and don’t like the feature) 

I love Overture & Worry About Me together

Ms. Elena really did that :firega:

Used to be HighRoad

huttont

I’m excited to listen! I enjoyed all of her albums. To which album is it most similar?

gagaxsebert
1 hour ago, huttont said:

I’m excited to listen! I enjoyed all of her albums. To which album is it most similar?

It’s a mixture of mainly Halcyon & Lights imo. The last six tracks (EG.0) are similar to Delirium.

Used to be HighRoad

thatfoxyfeeling

I feel like she didn’t do herself any favours by releasing really generic songs over the past few years. It’s a cute album but it’s going to go under the radar. :bear:

RahrahWitch
1 hour ago, HighRoad said:

After listen to the album a few times;

Faves - Power (liked it before but it’s really connected with me since the album dropped), How Deep Is Too Deep, Love I’m Given, Woman, Flux & Hate Me (one of my fave Ellie songs)

Least Fave - Start (too long and don’t like the feature) 

I love Overture & Worry About Me together

Ms. Elena really did that :firega:

Pretty much how I feel too :legend:

gagaxsebert
44 minutes ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

I feel like she didn’t do herself any favours by releasing really generic songs over the past few years. It’s a cute album but it’s going to go under the radar. :bear:

Yeah unfortunately is will go under the radar. Close to Me & Hate Me could've been successful singles but weren't  promoted properly. And the album is being promoted even worse :bradley:

Used to be HighRoad

melodichard

I really like it! It’s obviously not meant to be Delirium, so I can see why some people are disappointed that it doesn’t have a ton of catchy hooks and what not . It seems like the lyrics are much more meaningful this time around. Some of my favorite tracks are - Start, How Deep, Woman, Brightest Blue. 

HausOfHarlow

The album is really growing on me! Been listening all day. The only track I can't get into (yet) is Start. I love (and have always loved) Power. HDITD and Love I'm Given are dope. New Heights is so vibey.. Ode to Myself and Flux are pretty. Tides is very bizarre but good, and Brightest Blue just might be my favorite!

Agunimon
17 minutes ago, HausOfHarlow said:

The only track I can't get into (yet) is Start.

Same. Truly a bad start to the album imo. I wish she started the album with Overture.

Archived