💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Ellie Goulding - Brightest Blue

gagaxsebert

Featured Posts

gagaxsebert

91939628-0-A96-4185-B1-D6-AB95367-FBF69.

I’m just starting with the album but I’m excited. 
What’s your faves/least faves and do you like the album?

Used to be HighRoad

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't even know it was released. I hope the other songs sound more like Power and not like her previously released singles. :ohwell:

gagaxsebert
8 minutes ago, darkpaw said:

Didn't even know it was released. :ohwell:

Unfortunately I don’t think a lot of people know it’s been released. It’s been terribly promoted/rolled out :bradley:

Used to be HighRoad

How Deep Is Too Deep and New Heights are my current faves :legend:

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua

gagaxsebert
Just now, SOON said:

How Deep Is Too Deep and New Heights are my current faves :legend:

Love I’m Given, Woman & New Heights are my faves on first listen.

Used to be HighRoad

HausOfAntonio

She used to be one of my faves back during the Halcyon era. After the Fifty Shades stuff she collapsed in quality and Delirium was a trainwreck. I haven’t kept up with any of her releases since then. Is this worth it? Is it more to the vibe of her earlier work or still the same tired sound from the past years?

I cant stress how much I used to adore her enough :bradley:

gagaxsebert
9 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

She used to be one of my faves back during the Halcyon era. After the Fifty Shades stuff she collapsed in quality and Delirium was a trainwreck. I haven’t kept up with any of her releases since then. Is this worth it? Is it more to the vibe of her earlier work or still the same tired sound from the past years?

I cant stress how much I used to adore her enough :bradley:

It is very similar to her old work imo. When I first heard it, it gave me Halcyon (not Halcyon Days tho) vibes with hints of Lights. It’s kind of indie, slightly. It’s very worth a listen.

If you don’t like the her more recent sound it’s only the last 6 tracks as a separate EG.0 side to the album. 

What aspects made you dislike Delirium btw?

Used to be HighRoad

HausOfAntonio
17 minutes ago, HighRoad said:

It is very similar to her old work imo. When I first heard it, it gave me Halcyon (not Halcyon Days tho) vibes with hints of Lights. It’s kind of indie, slightly. It’s very worth a listen.

If you don’t like the her more recent sound it’s only the last 6 tracks as a separate EG.0 side to the album. 

What aspects made you dislike Delirium btw?

The lyrics were extremely uninspired compared to her previous work which imo had amazing, poetic lyrics. The sound also became generic top 40 electro/trap-pop that just seemed so completely mismatched from the artistry she showed once that I could not believe it was the same person. 

Just compare songs like My Blood, Atlantis and Only You to the tragicness of I Do What I Love, Around U, Codes, Don’t Panic... its just so sad to see the decline imo. She used to have such a clear niche that she explored so well and turned into a generic pop star with nothing interesting to show for herself. The only songs I really enjoy from Delirium and Lost and Found which has that Lights vibe and Something in the Way You Move. 

gagaxsebert
Just now, HausOfAntonio said:

The lyrics were extremely uninspired compared to her previous work which imo had amazing, poetic lyrics. The sound also became generic top 40 electro/trap-pop that just seemed so completely mismatched from the artistry she showed once that I could not believe it was the same person. 

Just compare songs like My Blood, Atlantis and Only You to the tragicness of I Do What I Love, Around U, Codes, Don’t Panic... its just so sad to see the decline imo. She used to have such a clear niche that she explored so well and turned into a generic pop star with nothing interesting to show for herself. The only songs I really enjoy from Delirium and Lost and Found which has that Lights vibe and Something in the Way You Move. 

Lost & Found is my fave off Delirium. 

Lyrically it is definitely a step up on Brightest Blue, very poetic & none of these songs would really work on Top 40 radio (maybe 2 but at a stretch)

Used to be HighRoad

HausOfHarlow

I have listened to the album twice, in full. Obvious stand outs to me are Power, How Deep is Too Deep, Love I'm Given, Bleach and Flux. 

It's a much slower album than previous ones. Lots of slower songs and ballads. Not a bad thing. 

Unfortunately, Brightest Blue is giving me Jessie J's R.O.S.E. vibes - aka - an album that was released by an artists who was once much higher on the radar in the past who puts out an album and nobody will really take note of it - which is sad, because like Jessie, Ellie is very talented and deserves much more success. 

I'm gonna check this out tonight. Haven't really heard anything from her recently that has connected, but if it's anything like Lights, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. 

Antoni

It's not out in the U.S. for another few hours. I'm not a big fan of the singles except for Flux, so this will be interesting

My name isn't Timmers

HausOfAntonio
41 minutes ago, HighRoad said:

Lost & Found is my fave off Delirium. 

Lyrically it is definitely a step up on Brightest Blue, very poetic & none of these songs would really work on Top 40 radio (maybe 2 but at a stretch)

I’ll give it a try. I wish her all the best honestly she was so important to me as a teenager :giveup:

Archived