music news

Shape of You, the best selling song of all time

Lighter

Featured Posts

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Batwings

I actually really like Ed a lot, but shhhhhhhh***, this is one of his worst singles. I question the world's taste.  :saladga:

Reginald

Streams + sales don't impress me much.

I want to know pure numbers of people who actually purchased this song, not just heard it on a payola playlist. 

Talent, artistry, and quality lost. 

Sorcerer

The song that beat Million Reasons, Praying, etc. in the Grammys? :triggered:

The GP really has no taste :yennefer:

JusKeepBreathin
2 hours ago, ProjectJoanne said:

Let’s just hope my new single Why Me? can surpass it :derpga:

Only after my single "When will I":flop:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

AphroditeLaydee

luv that for him...

but yikes... if it was a different sheeran song like that ballad one where they just dance in the video and the lyrics has something like legs not working and getting old and stuff that woulda been better, but this one... was so trend hoppy and chart chase-y... guess he succeeded, congrats tho

Awakened M

I'm sorry, but HOW? He has far better songs. I'm not the biggest Ed Sheeran fan out there, but there are other songs from his discography that are more deserving of this achievement.

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.

youandi

It just saddens me the way his career has gone. He seems/seemed a nice guy, Plus was really brilliant and when I hear songs from it now, I'm reminded how good it was and it takes me back. His second album really didn't do it for me at all and apart from the odd song like Shape Of You, Divide was really good too. That being said, I can't enjoy Plus anymore and really struggle with Divide because his persona/morals have changed or been revealed and I just don't like the attitude. He goes on about how humble he is or at least his fans do, yet he literally said something along the lines of 'I'd never release a song like Shape Of You but my label said it would be a hit and you should just listen to what they say' :interestinga: If he had said something closer to 'it's not the kind of song I'd normally release but I just think it's fun, why not?' I'd not be as bothered but it just comes across of being in it for the money not the music, rather than both so he just comes across as an industry puppet now. Don't get me started on his comments about not wanting to do the superbowl only to sing old songs to stay relevant :jase: Where has that likeable person gone 

KindnessPunk28

I personally despise this song, irrationally perhaps. But good for him :shrug: Not many can claim this title, so he must click all the right ways. 

Archived