💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kelly Rowland felt like she lived in Beyoncé’s shadow

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Kimmo

6482-F4-C4-0-D38-4068-9407-DB45-E23-D1-E

Kelly spoke with contestant Chris Sebastian about how she always compared herself to Queen B, whose real name is Beyonce Knowles-Carter. Chris is the brother of The Voice mentor and pop star Guy Sebastian and he admitted to Kelly that he often felt stuck in Guy’s shadow.  ‘Identity has always been a real thing for me, I love Guy but I have always had to prove myself, even just being taken seriously,’ he explained to Kelly via video link.

Speaking about her own experience, Kelly told him: ‘I know this feeling. Can you imagine what it’s like being in a group with Beyoncé?’ 

Kelly, who was in Destiny’s Child with Beyonce and Michelle Williams went on to add that she would ‘torture’ herself in her head over outfit choices and songs.  She continued: ‘I can’t wear this dress because they’re going to say it’s like B. Or I can’t have a song like that because it sounds too much like B. They’re gonna compare anyways. ‘I would be lying if I said no, it’s never bothered me. That’s bull.’ 

‘There was a whole decade, if I am being completely honest, a decade, where it was like the elephant in the room. It was the thing that would constantly be on my shoulder”

https://metro.co.uk/2020/07/14/voice-coach-kelly-rowland-felt-lived-beyonces-shadow-destinys-child-just-torture-head-12986918/

A true queen for getting over the insecurities to be herself :party:

Hottie Detector

RenegAde

Erm this is old news . Like 2014 old. Don't try to start any Beyonce mess today:selena:

BustA911

Awhhh it’s okay Kelly sis, When Love Takes Over eclipses any beyonce songs for me

Spoiler

I don’t hate Beyonce, alright? :trollga: So don’t come for me 

RAMROD
4 minutes ago, RahRuhRough said:

Awhhh it’s okay Kelly sis, When Love Takes Over eclipses any beyonce songs for me

Hide contents

Yoncé h8er 🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Teletubby

She was so lucky

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

RAMROD
Just now, FfFfFfFF said:

Reading the title I expected it to end in ''basement''. :sweat:

That's, rumoredly, Sia

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

BustA911
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

Yoncé h8er 🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝

2-A55-CC78-53-D6-43-AB-8-BFD-3-E367477-B2-A685748-2-FB5-44-F5-AE81-4181-AC2-C1-C

🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝

I’ll be Kelly Rowland, if Kelly Rowland lives in the shadow

Spoiler

Don’t crucify me

FfFfFfFF
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

That's, rumoredly, Sia

She found her way out, according to Youtube footage and was never caught again, I think.

Unsurprisingly, Spirit & all her recent songs perfomed badly on the charts.

flyaway
13 minutes ago, RahRuhRough said:

Reveal hidden contents

It's a bigger hit than any of Beyonce's recent songs (except for Telephone) :zilla:

BustA911
1 minute ago, alicefromabove said:

It's a bigger hit than any of Beyonce's recent songs (except for Telephone) :zilla:

Damnnn I never knew that, but at least all of Lemonade songs have MVs when will Gags :giveup:

OMonster

Understandable, tbh. 

It's interesting, actually, because I think had Kelly started out as a solo artist, she probably would've reached a higher status on her own accord. 

I mean, she's extremely talented and has released some really great songs. 

That's not to discredit her contributions to DS, though.

It's just that we all know the media / record industry 'picked' Beyonce to rise up from that group, and no one else. That's kind of how it works when groups disband. See One Direction (Harry Styles), Fifth Harmony (Camila Cabello) and even Justin Timberlake from NSYNC... there's always one who gets the biggest push. 

subtext / fantasy

Archived