Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Rain On Me verses meaning?

GerMonsterNotta

Featured Posts

GerMonsterNotta

For Rain on Me the chorus is pure simple to interpret, but whats are the messages and meaning behind the the verse lyrics?

Who is Gaga addressing in her verse? And what is she trying to say and how does it relate to the ROM message?

For Ari, "Living in a world where no one's innocent, Oh, but at least we try"..... What is this actually referring to/about? etc.

- - - - - - - - - 

Perhaps I am missing something, it's all very simple language, but what does it actually mean? :shrug:

I know the song is all about dancing through pain and empowerment, but how do the verses fit with this..

- - - - - - - - - 

I didn't ask for a free ride
I only asked you to show me a real good time
I never asked for the rainfall
At least I showed up, you showed me nothing at all

Living in a world where no one's innocent
Oh, but at least we try
Gotta live my truth, not keep it bottled in
So I don't lose my mind
Baby, yeah

Bonkers

My theories:

I think "dry" also refers to being sober.  (I ****ed up again, but at least I'm alive)

As far as "living in a world where no one's innocent"... that's just a fact.  At some point in everyone's life they need to understand that part of being a human means you hurt other people, and you need to accept that fact, forgive yourself and do the best you can.  And, people will hurt you.  No one's innocent.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Roboboy

Gaga's verse: 

I didn't want bad things to happen to me, and I tried my best to stop them, but they still happened.

Ariana's verse:

I try my best to avoid the evil in the world. to stop myself from going crazy, its best to be myself and live my truth.

Ladle Ghoulash

It’s kind of hard to know who Gaga is addressing in her verse. She straddles the classic lyrical trope in pop, which at its best is meant to be both personal and relatable. I think the lyrics are meant to invoke the feeling in the music more than anything else, trying to unbind herself from the shame that she experiences because I think the song’s ultimate goal is to create a feeling of catharsis. 

Massive Monster

they are both delusional women dancing around in the rain :zilla:

Kind regards

Arcanum

You have to check the original lyrics to understand Gaga's verse. Ariana's verse was added later and it makes the song a bit social. The original lyrics of the 2nd verse were:

I didn't ask for the daylight
'Cause I was born for the night, and it changed my life
I knew the hurt wouldn't be small
You said you'd love me forever, but you don't call

So originally it was about a man that dumped her and that she slowly and painfully recovers from the break up, even though she knew all along that the man was no good for her.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

Poissonche
30 minutes ago, Arcanum said:

You have to check the original lyrics to understand Gaga's verse. Ariana's verse was added later and it makes the song a bit social. The original lyrics of the 2nd verse were:

I didn't ask for the daylight
'Cause I was born for the night, and it changed my life
I knew the hurt wouldn't be small
You said you'd love me forever, but you don't call

So originally it was about a man that dumped her and that she slowly and painfully recovers from the break up, even though she knew all along that the man was no good for her.

Yea, Gaga's part is definitely about a break up, and Ari's part is about radically accepting :trollga: that the world can be a real **** hole.

flyaway
1 hour ago, Massive Monster said:

they are both delusional women dancing around in the rain :zilla:

Aren't we all delusional?

ibv05w8jou141.jpg

ThisBitch

You're all delusional. Gaga is clearly singing about all the Uber drivers wanting to give her a free ride because she is famous but she didn't ask for it. She also never asked for the rainfall because she can't perform in stadiums when it rains. But at least she showed up with her Oscar award when Madonna didn't show her any Oscars at all.

That's it gheys, that's what it is about.

Archived