Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Billboard- No More Merch & Ticket Bundles

POPARTHD

Featured Posts

yes and
2 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

They should also remove radio impact on the charts while they’re at it. :madge:

I think not necessarily remove, but change it. They could count only GP's radio requests instead of overall rations and that would be fair. 

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatography

was always a cheap way to go #1, the music industry is better because of this new rule

elijahfan
11 hours ago, mr.peter said:

But that’s kinda why artist started producing a more full range of merchandise because it was how they were “selling” their albums in today’s market. 

The only thing it's saying is you aren't necessarily getting an album along with a t-shirt. But a CD is still a sale, a vinyl is still a sale, a cassette is still a sale... So this new rule in no way puts in jeopardy various editions of an album for collectors to enjoy :oprah:

Katsuki Bakugo
22 hours ago, Twitter said:

Lets not mention that garbage. :bear:

That didn’t answer my question 

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

ssslyboy
21 hours ago, Madame Goo Goo said:

Well, looks like Madonna isn't getting a #1 album again

I was just wondering: where about would her last few albums have debuted without the bundles?  Top 5 still?  Top 10?  Lower?

Madame Goo Goo
32 minutes ago, ssslyboy said:

I was just wondering: where about would her last few albums have debuted without the bundles?  Top 5 still?  Top 10?  Lower?

MDNA would have debuted at No. 1 because the Superbowl generated enough hype for that album to sell pre-orders. I'd imagine Rebel Heart would have landed somewhere in the top 5, and Madame X in the lower ends of the top 10. I just say this because Madonna still has a large enough fanbase that buys physical copies of their albums and a huge following of collectors.

Lady Gaga doesn't owe us anything

Archived