💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Disconnect between fans and critics on Enigma show?

ArtpopAct2

Featured Posts

ArtpopAct2

Enigma the show is acclaimed by critics and constantly pulls in lots of people 

Yet LMs constantly trash it on twitter. Why?

Personally I went and really enjoyed it. I like seeing Gaga go crazy and have fun. She really doesn’t have much to prove.

but regardless, how is it that the fans hate the show, yet it has acclaim and sales?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River

It's not the show but the fact that it's in Vegas and they can't go there, so they are just bitter and I can understand that.. it's Gaga and the fans being disconnected with that particular show.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Werewolves Wanted
Just now, River said:

It's not the show but the fact that it's in Vegas and they can't go there, so they are just bitter and I can understand that.. it's Gaga and the fans being disconnected with that particular show.

This. And I feel like on top of Gaga taking a bit of a break from fan-interaction (not completely, just healthy distancing), most monsters are having some “growing pains.” She sometimes doesn’t feel as accessible as she used to. Which, again, might be a good thing for her to not be reachable all the time. But for fans who were spoiled by her presence to begin with it’s still kind of uncomfortable. 

Modern Ecstasy2

I think because the show was largely made for the general public who are coming to Vegas for vacation - hence why the show is her greatest hits. Also, because it’s Vegas, the show is over-the-top campy, because that’s largely the kind of entertainment people are expecting in Vegas - wild, ridiculous, etc.

I’ve been to Enigma and I had a great time. But it was far from my favourite show/tour of hers I’ve been to.

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

joannesrats

There is always a huge double standard when it comes to Gaga and criticism, both from the media and from fans. The problem with Enigma is that many fans felt as if it was a watered down mashup of the Monster Ball and the BTWB. While I can see what they are saying, it's still a quality show and they're just upset that they can't go to it. It's no different than fans calling Applause a flop while turning around and calling Beyonce's 'Drunk in Love' a hit when they sold relatively the same amount WW.

Rat Boy

Because fans know she can do better. Enigma was like a caricature of her career. There is a clear difference between how polished the JWT was compared to Enigma. Having said that, Enigma wasn't horrible. 

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Love it or hate it, Enigma is one of the best residencies in Vegas for years. :firega:

joannesrats
1 minute ago, Mer Boy said:

Because fans know she can do better. Enigma was like a caricature of her career. There is a clear difference between how polished the JWT was compared to Enigma. Having said that, Enigma wasn't horrible. 

I also think that she knows that the markets are different. JWT was for the fans, Enigma, like said above, was for the GP and tourists. 

Seeka

Everyone who is bitching about the show has literally never been to the show. And they base everything on potato recordings. 

It's stupid. Everyone who has seen the show in reality, has mostly good things to say about it. 

KillerMonster

Its cause the “fans” are bitter cause they can’t travel there. Enigma is SOOO Gaga. 

Don’t play with me, it just hurts me.

joannesrats
3 minutes ago, Seeka said:

Everyone who is bitching about the show has literally never been to the show. And they base everything on potato recordings. 

It's stupid. Everyone who has seen the show in reality, has mostly good things to say about it. 

I've been to every show since the ArtRAVE and Enigma wasn't my favorite, but she looks happy and seems to be having a good time while giving a solid 7/10 performance, while protecting her health. That's what we should all care about anyways - an overall good show without compromising her health or happiness

Sorcerer

Bitter fans have never been to the show. They are still mad they couldn't go to Vegas. So they just judge the supposedly bad outfits, choreos and concepts they see on potato recordings.

Miel

As somebody who attended the show- it's fine. It's cute, it's made for the general public, and... that's it.

For a "greatest hits" show, its visuals reflect exactly that, in the sense that it's literally a watered-down combination of her past visuals, plus some new stuff. Good for the public, which is fine, I guess.

Jazz + Piano is superior, though!

3 points in and ready for more

36 minutes ago, Sorceress said:

Bitter fans have never been to the show. They are still mad they couldn't go to Vegas. So they just judge the supposedly bad outfits, choreos and concepts they see on potato recordings.

Then why do I think that the ARTPOP and joanne tours are miles better, if I watched both of them on "potato" recordings.

Insulting fans for having an opinion is pretty sad.

I wouldnt say Enigma is bad, but it is definetly the least impressive of her tours. 

nathantj594

Because y’all were watching a stream of Super Saturday Night where they had her mic feed pouring directly into our ears and she was dancing her ass off and got out of breath. Then yall run to Twitter and here to cry about how she’s lost her vocal abilities. And y’all hate her wig and lipstick 

And Paula Abdul ain’t got [BLEEP] on me!

Archived