Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Disconnect between fans and critics on Enigma show?

ArtpopAct2

Featured Posts

PartySick
2 hours ago, looking4wonderland said:

I think the silly/corny Anime interludes and storyline of “finding yourself” is part of the reason fans hate it. It really is dumb. 

You think so? I like it :enigma:

I want Gaga to go the full mile with a narrative. Maybe planet Enigma is the Upside Down to planet Chromatica or something.

🖤

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looking4wonderland
23 hours ago, PartySick said:

You think so? I like it :enigma:

I want Gaga to go the full mile with a narrative. Maybe planet Enigma is the Upside Down to planet Chromatica or something.

Meh, it’s just very tired at this point. Her love yourself/find yourself/be kind narrative is exhausting by now. But it would be more tolerable if it wasn’t accompanied by the terrible visual interludes - shes way better  than those. Real-life interludes would’ve been infinitely better.

organic salad
On 7/13/2020 at 9:19 PM, Delulu Rogers said:

the fact that it just seems unnecessary to be doing a greatest hits residency during a re-peak leaves many fans unhappy.

Unnecessary?? For whom? She needed a steady INCOME since she couldn't tour anymore at least for the foreseeable future. Rich people need to work, too, or they'd be digging into their savings. Gaga was only 31 at the time. She had to cancel the last 10 shows of JWT due to severe pain. 

Re-peak? Was she supposed to know ASIB would do so well? Some of her "fans" on GGD were sure it would be a box office disaster. Either way, TOURING is where the money is. She'd drop off Forbes Celeb 100 list entirely if not for her Vegas residency. 

Poor people flip burgers - it's HONEST work. Rich pop stars do Vegas - same. She was so HAPPY and proud headlining her own Jazz & Piano show! As if touring is not a money grab?? We're not talking $5 concerts.

And as someone mentioned last year, because she's doing so well in Vegas (no cancelled shows due to fibro pains) she might be able to do a mini tour. Sure enough. Step by step, you know? 

organic salad
4 hours ago, looking4wonderland said:

Meh, it’s just very tired at this point. Her love yourself/find yourself/be kind narrative is exhausting by now. 

Exhausting? You might as well unstan because she's NOT going to change anytime soon. It's her way of coping with her chronic illness: she believes she's sick for a reason. Whatever works for her... It's her life. 

Enigma's for the GP anyway - and devoted fans who flew halfway across the world just to see her.

It's not for you.  

holy scheisse

Bc she performs mostly old songs the gp knows rather than anything new or many fan favs. And bc that wig is ugly af sorry not sorry lol

ICouldntThinkOfOne

I dont get the "fans are just jealous" response.

The GP love it because it's a cute show, with tons if hits.

Fans dislike it because, compared to all of her other shows, its lacking in every aspect. The costuming is her worst, the storyline is undercooked, the choreography isnt the strong etc, the list goes on.

Fans have expirience TMB, BTWB, ArtRave, Joanne Ball etc. which are all superior shows.

Britney fans made the show's 2016 revamp go viral even though they couldnt go. 

looking4wonderland
16 hours ago, organic salad said:

Exhausting? You might as well unstan because she's NOT going to change anytime soon. It's her way of coping with her chronic illness: she believes she's sick for a reason. Whatever works for her... It's her life. 

Enigma's for the GP anyway - and devoted fans who flew halfway across the world just to see her.

It's not for you.  

I mean...I went to Vegas specifically for her. I’ve been to 7 shows of hers since 2008 (The Fame Ball, Monster Ball, BTW Ball, Artrave, Roseland Ballroom, Joanne and now Vegas). I think I can call it poor if I so choose. I’ve got a lot of experience to compare to.

Agunimon

I know I was bitter because I had the mindset that it would push back future music, because she wouldn't release a new album until she could tour with it. Having a 2 year residency meant a new album was at least 2 years away.

HausOfAntonio

Enigma is amazing. I went and loved it; you get to see her SO up close and her energy is absolutely contagious. People trash on it because of a single bad wig and bad outfit :saladga:

looking4wonderland

At least she performs Dance In The Dark properly for the first time ever. 

The static, silhouette Monster Ball performance was bull. Sorry not sorry.  

babs441

The only fans who hate Enigma are the ones who can’t afford to go. It’s  incredible I can’t wait for for new dates! 

Archived