💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Madonnas most underrated MV

MingersPrayer

Featured Posts

MingersPrayer

Madonna has so many incredible visual eras - which of her videos do you think is the most underrated? 

excusing the potential cultural appropriation (appreciation? It was a different time) - I love Nothing Really Matters

right when i saw the title i thought of this video...

so true!!!

and idk... i think M really always does a great job at appreciating cultures. every album is more or less influenced by some culture but she always acknowledges that and brings it out to introduce it to the world and her fans. just look at Madame X - heavily culturally influenced but in the best way possible. 

shoful

This song and video are absolutely brilliant! 

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

ThisGuyTony

I think Deeper and Deeper is overlooked a lot.

And I love the Papa Don’t Preach video too, even tho it’s not talked about as much.

JusKeepBreathin

Underrated song and video. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

JusKeepBreathin
1 minute ago, ThisGuyTony said:

I think Deeper and Deeper is overlooked a lot.

And I love the Papa Don’t Preach video too, even tho it’s not talked about as much.

Papa don't preach is not overlooked at all. It was THE song on the 80's. 

I love Deeper and Deeper tho, definitely underrated. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Babel

I think half of her videography is heavily underrated imo. Her YouTube stats further prove that. 

JusKeepBreathin
1 minute ago, Babel said:

I think half of her videography is heavily underrated imo. Her YouTube stats further prove that. 

I think for a longtime she didn't have a good YouTube channel. Like her record label didn't really care compared to someone like Michael Jackson who had a strong YouTube channel. It was a big mistake. 

androiduser

I really dislike Nothing Really Matters, and it's definitely not underrated by Madonna fans, but I agree it's almost completely overlooked by the general public and even the songs did below average on the charts in one of M's most successful eras.

Babel

I wonder if she could be called out for cultural appropriation for that video? 

Galvon

I feel like nowadays most of her video's are underated/forgotten. Which is not weird since most of them are very old. Most old musicvideo's seem to have faded, not just hers. So it has nothing to do with her personally.

The 90s and obviously the 80s were such a long time ago. I mean there was also music in the 60s and 70s, and how much do people of today know about that? There was great timeless music even then. It has nothing to do with quality, but it's just not as relevent anymore. It's culture, yes, history, yes, but that's it. For everyone to listen to and inspire people. 

I think most people of today know the Vogue, Like a Virgin, Material Girl, Hung Up and the Bitch I'm Madonna video's.

FfFfFfFF

Completely agree. The song is not my favorite but the video is full of meaningful symbolism.

3gof.gif

I love this scene. My interpretation is that she is carrying/ holding not a baby but something empty that resembles a baby. Like when you try your best to achieve some goal but in the end the goal itself isn't that important and you just wasted your energy into it. You are spending so much of your life doing so but almost all life goals are shallow and temporary.

That's part of the spiritual influence in ROL and it's brilliant.

Archived