Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

Forbes praises Gaga's chart power, calls her 'a true show of power'

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

EZCeQ2OU8AAA-7--1280x720.jpg

It was just over one month ago that Lady Gaga unleashed her latest album Chromatica, and ever since, her fans have not stopped streaming and buying both the full set and the songs featured on it. The project has become so successful that five weeks after many of the tracks first arrived on Billboard’s Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart, the ranking of the most-consumed tunes that fit those genre descriptions, they are not only still present, but they continue to find space inside the top 40.

When Chromatica first arrived, every title on the tracklist found its way into the top 20, and since then, they haven’t fallen far, with some barely budging at all. 

The three singles spun off of Chromatica—“Stupid Love,” “Rain on Me” with Ariana Grande and “Sour Candy” with Blackpink—are all still going strong inside the top 10. Behind those wins, another trio of favorites can be found inside the top 20, while the rest all appear before No. 40 (the lowest-charting of the bunch, “1000 Doves,” is down at No. 37). That means that even after all this time, the 13 traditional tunes on the full-length (which also features three instrumental interludes) are all still certified hits.

It’s not uncommon for a star to land more than one top 40 hit from a new album, especially on the genre-specific ranking that applies, but to chart an entire album’s worth of material inside the most competitive region for a full month is a true show of power that few in the industry can muster.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2020/07/10/a-month-after-release-every-song-on-lady-gagas-new-album-is-still-a-top-40-hit-on-the-dance-chart/#21c52dad4a64

No. 2 - “Rain on Me (ft. Ariana Grande)”

No. 8 - “Sour Candy (ft. Blackpink)”

No. 9 - “Stupid Love”

No. 13 - “Free Woman”

No. 15 - “911”

No. 17 - “Alice”

No. 25 - “Sine From Above (ft. Elton John)”

No. 26 - “Fun Tonight”

No. 27 - “Replay”

No. 28 - “Plastic Doll”

No. 29 - “Enigma”

No. 31 - “Babylon”

No. 37 - “1000 Doves”

Bradley

911 still proving itself to be a commercial hit even without a video and an official release, Gaga's team needs to do pick it as the fifth single.

Stef

Using the electronic chart as a basis for this article is... weird

especially when you look at Spotify and see it’s lost over 80% of its daily streaming audience since release. Great article though. Good promo!

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Kimmo

Queen of saving the gheys and Pop Music with her True Show Power!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f293cec449b116ba91676

Hottie Detector

JRCF29
2 minutes ago, Stef said:

especially when you look at Spotify and see it’s lost over 80% of its daily streaming audience since release. Great article though. Good promo!

It's weird that a 6-time nominee for Dance Album of the Year at the BBMAs has an article written about her and her presence on the Dance charts? :ladyhaha:

Don't Call Me Gaga

4 minutes ago, Stef said:

more like free woman 

Bradley
1 minute ago, Stef said:

I'm not a chartster but the dude said rarely an entire album stays on the chart for one whole month.

Bradley
Just now, JRCF29 said:

It's weird that a 6-time nominee for Dance Album of the Year at the BBMAs has an article written about her and her presence on the Dance charts? :ladyhaha:

I thought Gaga was a country artist?

Bubblegum Bitch
Just now, Bradley said:

JoAnNe Is A cOuNtRy AlBuM :mark:

Stef
2 minutes ago, JRCF29 said:

I mean, by Forbes? Yes, quite slightly. 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

JRCF29
Just now, Bradley said:

UGH don't even get me started... she never claimed to be a country artist (thank god, because I lose respect for any pop star claiming to be a country singer *ahem*, Maren Morris/Sam Hunt/Dustin Lynch, *ahem*) she incorporated elements of it. Joanne was more of an americana-influenced record anyways

Don't Call Me Gaga

Itsbrenda

I mean... Forbes is literal trash media. It’s like seeing a good film quote from ‘the Sun’ or ‘The Daily Mail’. 

We don’t need or want that 

Bradley
Just now, JRCF29 said:

UGH don't even get me started... she never claimed to be a country artist (thank god, because I lose respect for any pop star claiming to be a country singer *ahem*, Maren Morris/Sam Hunt/Dustin Lynch, *ahem*) she incorporated elements of it. Joanne was more of an americana-influenced record anyways

It was a joke. :huntyga:

JRCF29
1 minute ago, Itsbrenda said:

I mean... Forbes is literal trash media. It’s like seeing a good film quote from ‘the Sun’ or ‘The Daily Mail’. 

We don’t need or want that 

why?

Don't Call Me Gaga

Archived